Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:42 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times

Advertisements

Yes and do not fail to buy plenty of ammo. The gunhating nuts will go after our ammo if it's faster and easier than trying to break constitution and get our guns.

Some subversive CZAR will think of some new regulation for the EPA or something like that, and they'll say that one ingredient for our ammo is hurting the indigenous salmander or something, LOL and with a straight face they'll restrict manufacturing of ammo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 11:22 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamaKraut View Post
In Lynnwood WA State, a gun dealer was robbed of over 100 weapons, which with almost all certainty end up in the hands of bad dudes. So to follow the logic here, since bad people have guns, every one else should now buy guns to protect themselves from bad dudes, especially since the police can not protect us anyway.

Not too long ago, I was reading an article about a gun dealer in Michigan. Bad dudes who could not get a gun due to some law, simply asked a friend to buy the gun or rifle for them. That simple. So much for the effectiveness of gun laws! The gun dealer knew what was being done, but hey, he was making a living selling guns, so why wouldn't he look the other way, right??

The argument here in the US is that bad dudes will have rifles "anyway" so we need to protect ourselves with guns. Seems to me we put the cart in front of the horse. Doing away with gun shops is probably a start to reduce gun related violence.

In essence, when you think about it, it is in weapon manufacturers financial interest that bad dudes have weapons, because it increases rifle and hand gun weapons sold to other citizens based on the logic described above, or am I mistaken here???

Fact is that countries with stricter gun control and no gun shops, (i.e. Germany, Japan, Switzerland) have significantly fewer gun and rifle related deaths on a per capita basis than the U.S. does. And that includes shootings by others as well as (accidental) self-inflicted injuries.

The NRA has one of the most powerful lobbies in the US, and no politician in WA DC dares to oppose them, because they fear not being re-elected. The fact that many more people die in the US from improper use of weapons than defending themselves against intruders is easily overlooked.

Now, in Switzerland, every man who ever served in their military, has a rifle at home. You don't hear much about shootings in Switzerland, do you?

If you really feel that you need to defend yourself where you live...personally, I would move away, not worth getting into firefights with gangsters. Your health may suffer, and your pocket book will suffer when you have to go to court afterwards. Your attorney will make sue of that!! It's hardly a win-win situation.

And the arguments about the Chinese or Russians invading us, and therefore we need to have more weapons in our homes is completely ridiculous. The Chines don't have to invade us. All they have to say: "Give us our money back that we loaned you through T-bills". The US can't pay, and the value of our currency will decline dramatically overnight, and the US would be in a huge dilemma. Not one Chinese would need to enter America....

What I am saying is perhaps the US or people living in the US need to look for answers to other countries with less crime for obvious benefits to residents.

Whoever you are, whatever you do, wherever you are, I wish you a healthy and happy 2012
Oh damn, do I ever agree with that logic. There are "bad dudes" in gangs
every where. There are a lot of big bad dishonest weapons dealers & they
are selling assualt rifles & hand guns by the 1,000s to other bad dudes.

Hmmm, lets see here. If I remember correctly (I might be wrong now) the
"bad dude's" name is ERIC HOLDER and the gang is the DOJ and they all
work for this gun control freak named Obama.

That kinda sum it all up ??

Old 01-02-2012, 09:28 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Yes and do not fail to buy plenty of ammo. The gunhating nuts will go after our ammo if it's faster and easier than trying to break constitution and get our guns.

Some subversive CZAR will think of some new regulation for the EPA or something like that, and they'll say that one ingredient for our ammo is hurting the indigenous salmander or something, LOL and with a straight face they'll restrict manufacturing of ammo.
That is exactly right. In Illinois, one must provide a FOID card in order to purchase ammunition. I am certain that there will be records kept of ammunition purchases and restrictions on the purchase of ammunition.

The libs cannot defeat the second amendment, but the ammunition angle is thier most logical point of attack.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:30 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,448,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Buy a semi-auto AK-47, some 20 or 30 round magazines and some ammo. The stuff he wants banned.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole 'banned' thing is sort of a joke (unless you are one of the poor souls that lives in MA, NJ, CA or CT, but then again, that was an IQ test).
You can still buy (all 100% legally) machine guns, SBR (short barreled rifles), mortars, silencers, huge-capacity drums, everything (of course with the proper Federal licensing). A gun classified as a 'machine gun' trumps an 'assault rifle'. Legal change-overs happen all the time, by taking the sear out of a pre-ban (1986) mg, and putting it in a newer gun.
What one of the OP's stated, was to stock up on ammo. I agree. (Actually primers, bullets and smokeless powder in my case).

I am surprised about Clinton signing the '94 ban, as he must have had some spare time when he had his pants on.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:28 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Oh damn, do I ever agree with that logic. There are "bad dudes" in gangs
every where. There are a lot of big bad dishonest weapons dealers & they
are selling assualt rifles & hand guns by the 1,000s to other bad dudes.

Hmmm, lets see here. If I remember correctly (I might be wrong now) the
"bad dude's" name is ERIC HOLDER and the gang is the DOJ and they all
work for this gun control freak named Obama.

That kinda sum it all up ??
Uh no.

Holder did not sell bolt action rifles, semis, and shotguns to the bad guys. He sold MODERN MILITARY SELECT-FIRE WEAPONS that the average civilian cannot own without a mountain of red tape or even at all in some states to the bad guys.
I wish those gun people would get their story straight.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:19 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Uh no.

Holder did not sell bolt action rifles, semis, and shotguns to the bad guys. He sold MODERN MILITARY SELECT-FIRE WEAPONS that the average civilian cannot own without a mountain of red tape or even at all in some states to the bad guys.
I wish those gun people would get their story straight.
Modern Military Select-Fire Weapons.....what the he!! are you talking about....

You can buy an AK-47 at any place that sells guns...hell they were even given them away when you buy a car.....

Yes, non-gun people also need to get their weapon terminology correct, that way when they talk they can seem a little inelegant...

Old 01-02-2012, 01:28 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Question Buy your guns now while you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaVoter View Post
I have never been a gun owner. However I strongly believe in the right to bear arms.

I have thought about getting a shotgun in the house for home protection. But I never got around to it. I believe with Obama I better do something about it now while I still can. I believe this right may go to the way side in the future.

In addition if this country falls into a Depression like it did before when Taxes were raised in a Ressession we could be looking at the next Great Depression and again home protection would be vital

I personally feel my first objective though is to get a gun safe. Then I can think about getting the home protection.

I wonder how many others may be spured to do like wise with an Obama Presidency.

So, whatever happened to all the much ballyhooed Obama gun control/confiscation?

Old 01-02-2012, 01:31 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post

Ammo is MUCH easier to purchase now than it was three years ago.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:24 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Add Sandy Hook as the fuel of the fire that will repeal the Second Amendment.

*SIGH*

Old 12-15-2012, 09:30 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Add Sandy Hook as the fuel of the fire that will repeal the Second Amendment.

*SIGH*
It won't repeal the 2nd ammendment.. There may be some weapon bans on the horizon, but your second ammendment rights are not threatened at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies