Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 10:40 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

Was Bush really that bad?

W was downright awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2020, 01:54 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times
He estimated that the Iraq war would only cost $50 billion and that it would be over in a few months. He was only off by about $1,950,000,000,000 dollars and 20 years.

Old 03-28-2020, 02:00 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
GWB was, and still is, head and shoulders about the one that went before him for 8 lousy years and the one followed him for 8 lousy years.

Old 03-28-2020, 02:32 PM

15,839 posts, read 6,543,563 times
I kept waiting for him to say something slightly knowledgeable and informative. And waited. And waited. And waited. Eventually I stopped listening. Sure, he's probably a fun guy to have a beer with. Beyond that... not much.

Old 03-28-2020, 02:51 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
Bush wasn’t good or bad. He didn’t run the country. Tricky dick Cheney did along with Rumsfeld. Trump is worse because he does run the country but his ego is far greater than any American citizen. He’s of far more danger than anyone in the bush admin was. The sad reality is. The coronavirus will claim far more lives than any Iraq war will when it’s all said and done. This thing mutates and becomes even deadlier and As long as we keep relations with other countries and it’s going to keep showing up even when we think it’s gone or been contained

Old 03-28-2020, 03:08 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
The man has had the lowest rating ever of any president. He has been critisized and scrutinized incessantly. He was most likely a factor in McCain's bid for the Whitehouse but was the past eight years really that bad?

I never could find a decent job in my area of study after graduating in 2000 and getting laid off from the dotcom bust and had to settle for an hourly job but I never blamed Bush. 9-11 was bad but I don't think any other president has had to deal with anything as intense as what happened that day. Iraq was decided on a lot of misinformation but we got rid of a dictator and liberated a country. Stocks (though plummeting now) reached the highest point ever during his presidency (yes, and biggest drop, too, but I'm talking about the past 8 years as a whole and not just what's happened this past month). Taxes were low and I was happy with my refund checks from Uncle Sam.

I'm sure with every positive there is a negative and I'm also certain someone's going to bash my opinion for even defending Bush but do you really think that the last 8 years has been so bad that he deserves the lowest rating of any president?
Bush was horrible. He came in with a cloud of mistrust that he stole the election in Florida with help from Jeb Bush, his brother and Gov of Florida and the Repub-dominated SCOTUS. He was pelted with eggs at times. If not for 9-11, his Admin would have never turned the curve. His Iraq decision was tragic as well as the economy that he created. In my book, he does get points for having had a racially diverse administration unlike Trump.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:52 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Funny how kind history has been to Bush. Now the same Democrats who hated him found someone else they hate more (Trump) so now they see Bush as a "Great guy."
Back then, it was “BDS” and that mutated into “TDS.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:53 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchisedog View Post
Obama and Bush are the 2 worst ever.

Thank God for Trump
Amen.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:42 PM

776 posts, read 394,530 times
He ignored warnings about 9/11, he left Tora Bora to the local forces (who may have been traitorous), he appointed Mel Sembler, who’s business Straight, Inc. tortured teenagers, to be ambassador to Italy, he opened Gitmo, which nobody has been able to close, his managing of the Afghanistan War and the Iraq War led to the rise of ISIS and Europe’s refugee crisis, No Child Left Behind subjected to schools to something resembling the USSR’s five-year plans, and he appointed two of the justices responsible for Citizens United.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:55 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchisedog View Post
Obama and Bush are the 2 worst ever.

Thank God for Trump
Trump has been better on foreign policy. Bush's FP was a disaster.

Bush was actually much better on the economy than Trump who constantly brags about the fake low U3 unemployment numbers. Bush was the better JOBS president. No ULTRA low interest rates and QE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies