Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:25 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,230 times

Advertisements

instead of calling someone a racists. thats so easy. pay attention to the fact that white america is saying "ENOUGH" dont call us racists, I wont call you the N word. stop calling ALL women the things you do in the music you sell. The majority sold to white kids. stop it, no more are you allowed to call somebody aname just because they disagree with your views. its time to show the world YOU really want everybody to not be a racist. believe that the majority are NOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 09:40 PM

86 posts, read 190,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
I actually like Bill Cosby...and I'm one of "the blacks."
I enjoy Bill Cosby as well and couldn't agree more with his comments. Others, not so much. The problem with people like the OP, Bill Cosby, and others making these comments is the fact that the people they are making these comments to don't give a hill of beans about what they say. It's a waste of your breath and demeaning to others (who are in no way, shape, or form this way) when you make blanket statements like this. I HATE it when ANYONE lumps all people into one group. I don't know what the answer is to the problem in SOME of the black community, but I do know that when someone lumps us all together, semantics or not, it upsets me.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
it feels good when you got your enemy on the ground and he has been bad and he knows it.
letting him get up is very scary. especially if some of the bad things he thinks about you are true.
it doesn't help if he is bigger and stronger than you either. but until that happens it can never be "we" like mr obama keeps telling us to be. it will always be us vs them.
if its always us vs them you will get nuthin but scraps and you will have to fight for that. but if we become we they we live a lot better.
i have a dream.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:52 PM

628 posts, read 2,069,501 times
Grrrreat...another racist poster that thinks they have solved the eternal question of race in America.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:00 PM

86 posts, read 190,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Also, blacks aren't telling white people how to behave so MYOB.
It kind of is their business because what affects one affects all in some form or another.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:02 PM

396 posts, read 1,034,880 times
Obama Tells Kids to Stay in School, Learn a Foreign Language « FOX Embeds « FOXNews.com

Old 11-06-2008, 10:16 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
In the edn one thoing this elction;especailly the democratic primary changed is waht peole thoughnt of as racist. That has changed for ever and now even backs can be accused. The Rev. Wright opened alot of eyes.Most peole had never seen anyone like him ;I know I hadn't. He was like some whotye supremist leader speaking.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:44 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The Rev. Wright opened alot of eyes.Most peole had never seen anyone like him ;I know I hadn't. He was like some whotye supremist leader speaking.
The Rev. Wright opened a lot of wallets. Pure schtick. I know a lot of people hated Howard Stern when he was on commercial radio. I listened a few times, read his book and knew right away he was at heart harmless. Nevertheless the image he portrayed struck fear in the hearts of many and thats just the way he liked it. Wright had an affair with a white woman, criminy. Rush Limbaugh plays it closer to the vest, I have no idea what his deal is but after the damage Wright did to Obama's campaign and even after Obama gave him an out he wouldn't back down and forced Obama to denounce him. That ticked me off.

H

Old 11-06-2008, 11:50 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cop View Post
Remember when you were little and got to stay home from school because you were sick? Well Black America, you aren't sick any longer. It's time to get up and go to school.

I am white and want all Americans to succeed. Some blacks are successsful and some whites are failures, but the overall statistics show that black america as a whole is failing in almost every statistical category.

The rest of America has heard every excuse in the book why.. bad cops, bad drug laws, white people keeping blacks down.

WAKE UP.. the water has been poured. Time to get up. No more excuses. We now have a black president. If Obama with his shady background and muslim sounding name can get elected to the presidency, anything can happen. No more excuses.

So turn down the rap music. Black men, it's time to call your baby mama's and make a play date with your kids. Time to adjust the car seat so you can see out the window. Time to pull up the baggy pants and tighten those belts. It's time to join the rest of America as law abiding hard working citizens.

For black americans who haven't used excuses and went out and succeeded, good for you and this is your chance to pick up the rest of Black America and tell them to wake the heck up.

We all want black america to succeed. After all, we are all americans. Black America, you got your black president. Now all eyes are on you and there are no more excuses.
what a load of crap! Can you be anymore racist? By the way the biggest consumers of Rap music happen to be white suburban kids. Blacks in this country areone generation removed from discrimination in voting, housing , education and jobs. How ignorant can you be?

Old 11-07-2008, 12:05 AM

998 posts, read 1,513,267 times
Since we have had 43 white presidents in a row, why are there still white people who aren't succeeding?

Many more than blacks actually, considering blacks make up 13.4% of the population.

This thread is pure trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies