Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 01:46 AM

998 posts, read 1,513,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Actually with black people 545 times more likely to be imprisoned than a white person AND the high degree of gang related, domestic or otherwise strife in black communities there have literally been millions of black men killed or imprisoned of working age. No other population in America has 3 million fewer men than women in the same racial group. Yes, sisters, this is why it is so hard to get a date for Friday night. This means that in a population that is already, to use a figure quoted already in this thread, 13% of the whole (but which I think is somewhat closer to 11 or 12 for the reasons I stated) simply cannot compete in an environment that is fair, let alone one in which there is so much inbuilt prejudice. Lets assume there are 10 Million employable black men and women in this country. Hmmm thats about the number of all Americans that is currently unemployed (again, I doubt it is anywhere that low). This country coud easily not hire any black people at all and the only ones who would notice are those people themselves and their families. Oh, the Prison Industrial Complex would notice and they would be licking their lips at the number of prisons they could build and the number of white men without higher education degrees they could hire to incarcerate all those desperate people that would sooner or later turn to crime. No, its not the best way but affirmative action as least is a way.

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 04:08 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
My advice to you is to focus on that segment of the black race or any race that is doing well, rather than trying to develop arguments where you project the worst of a race onto the whole. Not all blacks are like the segment that you're describing here, just like not all whites are toothless, bearded, and like to make each other squeal like pigs in the backwoods.

Also, Barack Obama was not elected just by black people for black people. Where in God's name did you get that from? Unbelievable some of the lunacy I read here.
Are you kidding me?! This is from the same women who threw all white men in a lump of racist generalizations on another thread. Don't think you really have a leg to stand on when it comes to race relations sweetie.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:23 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
Just came back to ask the o.p. if, after a month of seeing the incredible outpouring of hate over Obama's election he is ready to recant his earlier statements that all is now right with America and it's blacks who should wake up and seize the day.

H

Old 12-12-2008, 01:09 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
As a white McCain supporter, even I have to acknowledge that there are two different americas. Have you ever been to the slums? Two americas because thats how they want it, but there are two americas..
That has to do with finances; not race. Haven't you noticed that these super athletes and actor/actresses somehow have a "get out of black pass" from people who like to think "ALL" black people are this or that?

I think Chris Rock explained it best.
Quote:
My only three black neighbors are Mary J. Blige - one of the greatest singers of all time, Denzel Washington - one of the greatest actors of all time, and Jay-Z -one of the greatest rappers of all time."

My white neighbor?

A dentist. And he isn't like the greatest dentist in history either. I had to host the Oscars to get that house — a black dentist in my neighborhood would have to invent teeth."
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Why is it no one seems to remember that President-elect Barack Obama is HALF WHITE!!!!
Not to pick on you but I heard this soooo many times during the election. Does it make people feel better to say that he is half white? Halle Berry was the first black woman to win an Oscar - why did no one call out "she's also half-white!" The Hughes brothers are known as "black" film directors. Most people assume Grant Hill is black, even though his mother was white. Where was the outrage then! Why was no one pointing out then "hey he's not black!!! He's half-white!!"

Last edited by nat_at772; 12-12-2008 at 01:24 PM..

Old 12-13-2008, 05:21 PM

94 posts, read 126,585 times
I find it funny how so many Black Americans think Obama is like "them."

No - not really. He is the child of an exchange student from Kenya, far from West Africa where European explorers bought slaves.

If anything, he's only similar because he is the product of a father (like so many fathers in the Black community) who fled once his child was born and continued to father many illegitimate children all over.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:41 PM

94 posts, read 126,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
How many chances have caucasian males had to fix the problems of this nation? Although there has been a half of a hand full of good white presidents, most of them just talked a good game.
Huh? It was Whites who established this country, rule of law, etc and turned it into a world superpower. People don't realize it was up until the 1970s that this country was 90% White.

Quote:
That's the problem, the illuminati/freemasons want black men to fail. They want to poison the world with bad tv and music, allowing drugs to enter the US (you do know that one of the illuminati families, I believe the Onasis family is in charge of most of the shipping right?)
What is it with conspiracy theories?

Quote:
Many whites will try to keep black men down. Check the statistics, Obama cannot legislate the human heart.
LOL -- This is utter trash. Blacks in America have the highest standard of living and more opportunities than if they lived in any country with a Black majority. It's because Whites are allowing their countries to become 'diverse' that Blacks have these opportunities.

I guess you could be living in a paradise amongst your own in Haiti or Africa rather than having Whitey and his rule of law and technology 'keep the man down'? Right?

Old 12-13-2008, 05:48 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterserv View Post
Oh, the excuses won't end. That, after all, is what blacks do best.
have any excuse why your "not a member lol"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies