Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:11 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Maybe the poorer states have a lack of good education and that's why they voted Bush twice and then thought McCain would be a good pres.

I'm in Boston and nobody here voted for McCain or Palin and this is a very educated, sophisticated part of the country.

Funny, in that the list of top 100 schools in the country Massachusetts has 2 in the top 100 while Texas has 13. So I would check before running your mouth about the state of the educational system in certain states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 11:39 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
i too am tired of the southern bashing by these liberals. i don't see any state in the south having to write IOUs for their bills while begging the federal government to BAIL THEM OUT!

Old 06-28-2009, 01:36 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
By golly I'd rather be some broke working man unlike dem der card carrying commy yankees

Old 07-01-2009, 02:27 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Default The Only Rich Red State Is Texas..Alaska Population Is Too Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
By golly I'd rather be some broke working man unlike dem der card carrying commy yankees
The only Rich Red State is Texas...and the Big Cities there aren't even conservat cities , now I would say that Alaska Is A Rich Conservat State , but they don't have a large enough Population to Qualify As A State...

Old 07-01-2009, 03:02 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
The only Rich Red State is Texas...and the Big Cities there aren't even conservat cities , now I would say that Alaska Is A Rich Conservat State , but they don't have a large enough Population to Qualify As A State...
Texas suburbs are richer (on average) than inner cities and are solidly red.

There are also many relatively large cities in Texas that are red. The top 4 aren't, but there are several within the top 10 that are, each with hundreds of thousands of people.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:27 PM

817 posts, read 853,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Election Tracker: Candidate Polling - Election Center 2008 from CNN.com

Looking at the voting map on the news I wondered. Why do the states that are most expensive to live in and has way more rich people, usually go for a democrat, like NY, NJ, CT, and CA for example. While the poorer states (usually in the south or in the middle) go republican. I mean the richest states need a republican more than the poorer states need a democrat (well you will think when taxes is suppose to be the issue). But they still go democrat. Why does the red states like to be so red then. Is it about race? Religion beliefs?
Cost of living.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:11 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Alaska is more than twice the state Texas ever will be.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:41 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Default There Only (4) Cities In TEXAS That People Want To Visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Texas suburbs are richer (on average) than inner cities and are solidly red.

There are also many relatively large cities in Texas that are red. The top 4 aren't, but there are several within the top 10 that are, each with hundreds of thousands of people.
There's only (4) cities in the whole state of Texas that are a "Destination" and "people don't come to Texas to check out their's
"suburban area's.......

Old 11-01-2010, 05:40 PM

42 posts, read 67,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Better tell that to massively huge Catholic and Jewish populations in MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ. I grew up in NYC...half the city goes to Catholic schools and the other half Jewish schools. What about the massive Latino community in California...devout Catholic for the most part.

I'm personally an atheist, but I think you're reaching to say that people in blue states "detest" religion.
Sinclair Lewis said in the 30's when Fascism comes it will be wrapped around a flag Holding a bible.
Politicians USE religion as a weapon to control you and hide their actual agenda. Fools fall into this trap and call others names when in truth they are behaving in a manner most inappropriate and least likely to be sanctioned by any god. Prejudice and hate and not helping neighbors or seniors or the infirm are not actions sanctioned by honest religions. But they are sanctioned by the nitwits as Fox propaganda network and the GOP, Greedy Old Politiicans.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:32 PM

12 posts, read 24,794 times
IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EDUCATION both parties are crooks for one ,2 the dem states look it up are broke ill and wis for example who said there not .truth is the truth and education has nothing to do with it. if it did they'd be smart enough not to be broke as they are. talk about being prejudice , in the world today a good collage degree guarantees nothing thats the truth .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies