Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 10:52 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,760,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
The TV's shows now have ridiculous images of negroes as the big heroes and the lily white boys as the villains. That's suppose to make you negroes feel good--you know what um sayin? It's crap! The negroes ruin their neighborhoods and then they don't wants to live their no more. Thens they must find another white neighborhood to infect; you know what um sayin?? Negroes are all about crime and makin babies they can't financially pay for. How black kids don't even know who their daddy is?
Better hurry home. I just heard your village's idiot is missing.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:13 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,091,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyka View Post
what makes a person gay. Is it when you sleep with the same sex, right. You want rights for who u go to bed with. Because aren't u gay if u sleep with the same sex and never love them. So people that go to bed with the same sex wants rights, got it
And heteros never have sex with someone they don't love? Give me a break! No one, gay or straight, want's to marry every person they have sex with. Gay marriage is about love. I've been with my partner for 13 years, and we have two children. You think our relationship is only about sex?

Old 11-10-2008, 11:15 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,091,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The thread title should read:

"Why are so many African Americans so against gay rights?" not "Why are African Americans so against gay rights?" since African Americans aren't against gay rights, just too many.

The answer: The Bible.
Which is another thing I don't understand - why the black community is so Christian. This is a religion that was FORCED on their ancestors when they were slaves!

Old 11-10-2008, 11:19 AM

3,017 posts, read 5,192,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Which is another thing I don't understand - why the black community is so Christian. This is a religion that was FORCED on their ancestors when they were slaves!
And ironically, it would be the very religion that ensured their collective survival over the next brutal 400 years.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:26 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,428,008 times
Quote:
The TV's shows now have ridiculous images of negroes as the big heroes and the lily white boys as the villains. That's suppose to make you negroes feel good--you know what um sayin? It's crap! The negroes ruin their neighborhoods and then they don't wants to live their no more. Thens they must find another white neighborhood to infect; you know what um sayin?? Negroes are all about crime and makin babies they can't financially pay for. How black kids don't even know who their daddy is?

Pot, meet kettle.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:54 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,374,760 times
Quote:
I can't even do anything but laugh at your complaint about TV shows, this must be like your worst nightmare having a black president, please don't go committing suicide over it.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:03 PM

6,021 posts, read 7,798,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Because the dirty little secret is that blacks are just as bigoted as the rest of us.
sexuality should be left at home not boasted. whats next your gonna wanna marry your damn dog..

are people bigots that hate people who seek to have sex with underage people according to our laws and statues

not liking someone because of their sexuality is not the same as hating someone for their race and or background

Old 11-10-2008, 01:09 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,769,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
sexuality should be left at home not boasted. whats next your gonna wanna marry your damn dog..
This is such an annoying and unpersuasive argument. Marriage between two consenting adults who love each other is NOTHING like marriage between a human and a dog. I have no idea why anyone would even suggest such a thing.

It isn't the same as victimizing underage people, either...

Old 11-10-2008, 01:20 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,594,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyka View Post
Black church and white church are different in worship on Sunday Morning. I think white churches are more accepting than black churches. We let our piano player go because he was gay. What kind of example is that setting for the youth. To me and maybe I am wrong but being gay is sexual. What makes u gay is u sleep with men, not being in love with a man. Because if you go around sleeping with men u r gay, right. Sleeping with men is a choice, right.
If you are a straight woman, could you have sex with another woman? If you are a straight man, could you have sex with another man?
No. I'm a straight woman and there is nothing that could entice me to sleep with another woman. It is not where my interests lie at all. And, if you are straight as well, the same would hold true for you.
Gay people are no different in this. Gay people sleep with whom they are attracted to, they could no more sleep with a person of the oopposite sex then you and I could sleep with someone of the same sex.
It is so very very easy. Actually simplistic, really.....I have no idea why people cannot grasp such a very basic idea. Unless they themselves are gay and are fighting their homosexuality behind a curtain of rabid heterosexuality, you tell me.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:53 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,222,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I've all but given up hope at this point. There really is nothing to be proud about as a gay American. We can't help the way we are, and to add insult to injury everyone else just piles on the prejudice as well. It's a lose-lose situation no matter which way you slice it.
It took 2+ centuries to get a black man elected president. It's called a human rights struggle for a reason. It doesn't come easy. As the older hate mongers die off the new generations become more enlightened and eventually we will win our rights as surely as blacks and women did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies