Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:38 PM

4,905 posts, read 5,997,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
#1. it gives LEGITIMACY FOR A SEX ACT WHICH IS VILE.

#2. they will teach it to your kids that it's a viable lifestyle. it has already been done!

#3. it opens the door for other lifestyles to get married legally if they argue on the basis of "civil rights" "my rights are violated if i don't get my way". Imagine a bisexual male. or female who says, I want a husband and i want a wife! Or my civil rights are violated.

#4. I don't agree with people under the age of 18 marrying.. but you will have with parental consent... a young boy of 16 marrying a man of 34. if you think it won't happen think again! and it will be legal!

THE BUCK HAS TO STOP SOMEWHERE!

AND MY ARGUMENT HAS ZERO TO DO WITH RELIGION.

This is not normal:

ABC News: Barbara Walters Exclusive: Pregnant Man Expecting Second Child

NOR IS THIS NORMAL:

FOXNews.com - School Clams Up on 'Gay' Pledge Cards Given to Kindergartners - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

And whether you like it or not.. it's gonna be taught in the school to your kids that it's normal!

screw that! !!!

I am for CIVIL UNIONS AND DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIPS IF THEY MUST ABSOLUTELY MUST WALLOW IN THEIR OWN DEVIANT SWILL!!

... but don't TOUCH MARRIAGE! PERIOD!
Rationally explain, without using any arbitrary religion mumbo jumbo, why homosexuality and gay marriage are so evil and are so harmful. Only such explanations will appear in Middle Earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 06:39 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,816,274 times
The only thing evil are those Christian people doing the work of the devil instead of God.

I see all those gay hating and oppressive Christians not following their own doctrine.

Ephesians 4:32
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Isaiah 1:17
Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.

Proverbs 14:21
Blessed is he who is kind to the needy.

Proverbs 31:8-9
Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Rationally explain, without using any arbitrary religion mumbo jumbo why homosexuality and gay marriage are so evil and are so harmful. Only such explanations will appear in Middle Earth.

Last edited by artsyguy; 11-13-2008 at 07:25 PM..

Old 11-13-2008, 07:23 PM

5,978 posts, read 19,838,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
NO confusion.. yes i'm for seperation of church and state..

What I'm saying is simply if there is a service that is needed in the community and the religious instituation is the ONLY available facility for it they need to perform it..however, if there are other alternatives they need to refer that person to the equal alternative (equal in quality etc.) so that it's done safely (abortions that is).

First, as someone pointed out, it would be very rare to find a situation where only a religious instituation was available in the area.. most likely there would be a facility of equal quality that doesn't have any religious affiliations that would be able to perform whatever it is that is being rejected by the religious institution.

However, for public safely and health reasons, if there is NO facility nearby that could otherwise perform it, you would leave hte person unable to obtain a service that is perfectly legal and they may end up going to a back alley or some other such thing ..and we all know how that goes.
I'm not sure you actually get the separation of church and state doctrine. Why would they "need" to do something like an abortion? It isn't life threatening and it's against the tenets of what their religion is built upon. It's like asking the Pope to refer someone to get an abortion... ahhh somewhere else in and around the Vatican! Do you hear yourself saying this????? The law cannot even force parents to seek medical assistance for their children if their religion forbids them to do this, and this happens in life threatening situations. Okay, humor me...why don't you go to any hospital run and owned by religious and ask for an abortion and see what they say. Come back and tell us.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:05 PM

540 posts, read 628,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Having been to bible belt area of Florida and seeing what is there .I do not support incest marriage .

Incest marriage is very different than gay marriage which I do support
Oh...yea...yea...yea. The two Lipscomb sisters..I'm gettin turned on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies