Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2008, 05:51 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,032,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
No again. why must I keep correcting you? didn't you watch fox news and listen to limbaugh the day of 9/11/2001? they were banging the terrorist drum, and after that, banged the drum for the invasion of iraq with the WMD thing. you know, I don't type bs, and you know it, because it is the truth.
Mutz,his name is proof enough that he doesn't recognise the truth NOR tell it.ELO does NOT rock at all.Just a closeted version of the Village People is what ELO was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
That is complete and utter BS and you know it! Liberals do not believe in truth, they believe in keeping people down with thier ideas. To promote any other group OTHER than Americans. Things like the fairness doctrine and affermative action are the kind of ideals they stick to
You mean the TRUTH about WMD in Iraq that you neoCON idiots believed?
The TRUTH about "terrists" in Iraq and a connection to 911 that you neoCON idiots believed? and it goes on forever.

You right wingers are WAY to gullible to be trusted with any power whatsoever plus you are all such chickenchits that you can't be trusted with "the button" because you are scared of your own shadows.Stand up.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:02 PM

38,607 posts, read 26,241,061 times
Because it's liberal...Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot we call it "change" now.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:03 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,122,324 times
The reason liberal radio doesn't last is that it doesn't unify people in anger. Liberals go out and do something constructive to channel that emotion. Conservatives choose to unify in their hatred of fellow countrymen and blame everyone else for the problems (real or imagined). The view from their armchair is a world populated by enemies. They are too concerned about winning an argument than doing something to solve the problem. Unfortunately those who DO bother to go out and try to offer a solution tend to make the situation worse. Conservatives would typically apply a one-size-fits-all solution and never bother to refine it over time. Let the intelligent liberal elite run things (we might as well use their stereotype to our collective advantage). Whatever problems they cause will eventually be solved because change is in their nature. Conversely, I guess what I'm saying is conservatives don't want to use trial and error as a method of problem-solving because it is not in their nature to consider change.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:16 PM

1,489 posts, read 2,027,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
"Conservative" talk shows appeal to the lowest (ie stupidest, most vulgar, most brutal, most ignorant, most hateful, most violent) common denominator. The World Wrestling Federation has a much larger audience than Masterpiece Theater.

If you dare, find Dennis Prager on your radio dial and call up and debate him.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
The reason liberal radio doesn't last is that it doesn't unify people in anger. Liberals go out and do something constructive to channel that emotion. Conservatives choose to unify in their hatred of fellow countrymen and blame everyone else for the problems (real or imagined). The view from their armchair is a world populated by enemies. They are too concerned about winning an argument than doing something to solve the problem. Unfortunately those who DO bother to go out and try to offer a solution tend to make the situation worse. Conservatives would typically apply a one-size-fits-all solution and never bother to refine it over time. Let the intelligent liberal elite run things (we might as well use their stereotype to our collective advantage). Whatever problems they cause will eventually be solved because change is in their nature. Conversely, I guess what I'm saying is conservatives don't want to use trial and error as a method of problem-solving because it is not in their nature to consider change.
Excellent post!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
If you dare, find Dennis Prager on your radio dial and call up and debate him.
Debate him about what??? WMDs NOT found in the neoCON war?? Bin laden NOT found by the neoCON warmongers?

Old 12-29-2008, 07:14 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,569,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Mutz,his name is proof enough that he doesn't recognise the truth NOR tell it.ELO does NOT rock at all.Just a closeted version of the Village People is what ELO was.
I know you pretty much lost when you resort to name calling. That is rule #5 in the liberal playbook: When things dont go your way, hurl insults.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I know you pretty much lost when you resort to name calling. That is rule #5 in the liberal playbook: When things dont go your way, hurl insults.
What name calling??? I never called you any names.What # is that in the neoCON playbook(180 spin)? Oh,you probably need a liberal to read your playbook to you tho' don't you?

Old 12-29-2008, 08:27 PM

38,607 posts, read 26,241,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Liberals go out and do something constructive to channel that emotion. The view from their armchair is a world populated by enemies. They are too concerned about winning an argument than doing something to solve the problem. Unfortunately those who DO bother to go out and try to offer a solution tend to make the situation worse. Conservatives would typically apply a one-size-fits-all solution and never bother to refine it over time. Let the intelligent liberal elite run things (we might as well use their stereotype to our collective advantage). Whatever problems they cause will eventually be solved because change is in their nature. Conversely, I guess what I'm saying is conservatives don't want to use trial and error as a method of problem-solving because it is not in their nature to consider change.

What an amazing post. I don't think I've read anything on CD so completely wrong.

"The reason liberal radio doesn't last is that it doesn't unify people in anger."

Right, you can only blame the worlds problems on heterosexual white males so long, then it starts to get stale and redundant.

"Conservatives choose to unify in their hatred of fellow countrymen and blame everyone else for the problems (real or imagined)."

Prop 8, Christians, Mormons, Gov Palin, Todd Palin, Jerry Falwell, Rick Warren, GWB, inflation, deflation, stagflation, racism, sexism, homophobia, anti-intellectualism.....

"They are too concerned about winning an argument than doing something to solve the problem."

"Obama said that unlike McCain, he will not suspend ads, or campaign events scheduled between now and Friday's debate."

Political Radar: McCain: Scrap Friday Debate for Bailout; Obama: The Debate is On

"Let the intelligent liberal elite run things (we might as well use their stereotype to our collective advantage)."

We did that from 1993 to 1995, and then.....

"No Republican incumbent lost in the midterm election. Foley became the first speaker to fail to win reelection since the Civil War. Other major upsets included the defeat of such powerful long-serving representatives as Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dan Rostenkowski (D-Ill.) and Judiciary Committee Chairman Jack Brooks (D-Texas)."

Congress runs into 'Republican Revolution' Nov. 8, 1994 - Andrew Glass - Politico.com

"Conversely, I guess what I'm saying is conservatives don't want to use trial and error as a method of problem-solving because it is not in their nature to consider change."

No, being wrong involves paying a price for being wrong. Trial and error is dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies