Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 12:03 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

dont need to.
they got SNL and tina fey
hate carries well on audio
humor is visual as a rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 03:24 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Liberals like to think for them selves?

Old 02-12-2009, 04:05 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,012,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I was wondering yesterday why liberal talk radio is never nearly as successful as conservative talk radio. Do liberals prefer other media to the talk radio format, or does NPR suffice for most? I'd love to hear any answers from liberals or conservatives.

Mackinac

well.. IMO I think liberals are into more modern forms of listening and reading .. the web.

If or one don't listen to talk radio but subscribe to PodCasts.

I think the younger generations tend to be more liberal and don't really listen to talk radio AT ALL. I never have, nor ever will. But I will upload a podcast into my Ipod Nano when I hit the treadmill.

Just my two cents.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:21 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
Quote:
Because almost every media outlet, print and electronic skews their news to the left.
Actually they mostly skew to the right.

Viacom, Time Warner, Disney, News Corp, GE, Clear Channel etc all are inherently conservative.

I wouldn't care if I did have a liberal option for radio. Those shows aren't serious. Look at all of the idiots on the conservative shows. None of them can be taken seriously - they make irrational, illogical and whiny comments everyday...

Old 02-12-2009, 06:02 PM

30 posts, read 110,490 times
Good question because I have often wondered the same thing. In Phoenix, you have Rush Limbaugh and Levine, and whoever else right winger is on. I can't stomach them but once inawhile I will turn on the station while driving and they just don't make sense and it is hard for me to believe these people have a following. They spur on hate and prejudice. Much of what they say, are lies and inaccountability.

The only thing I can equate why they don't have as many Liberal Radio stations is because advertising..that is what keeps you on the air, most advertisers take a Conservative and Republican stance.

There are a few Liberal talk show staions on the internet. I listen to headonradionetwork in the afternoon. Great shows. And then there is Air America and Nova M Radio you can listen on the computer.

I wish there were many more Liberal radio stations. I wish Rush Limbaugh would be banned. He encourages people to hate and be prejudice.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 923 times
Broadbill, Your post of 11-06-08 was right on. I never heard it said so elequently. I am going to use your argument at work next time we hit this topic. The conservatives out yell me all the time as if that makes their argument.

Last edited by dlcorn93; 09-02-2009 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-02-2009, 03:16 PM

243 posts, read 343,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
liberals like to think for them selves?

beautiful!

Old 09-02-2009, 03:23 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I was wondering yesterday why liberal talk radio is never nearly as successful as conservative talk radio. Do liberals prefer other media to the talk radio format, or does NPR suffice for most? I'd love to hear any answers from liberals or conservatives.

Mackinac
Most libs I know prefer to read and find out information for themselves. Most NeoCons I know always say "I don't have the time for that crap, I just listen to Rush." They want it short and quick.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:25 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Ed Schultz and Stephanie Miller seem to be doing well enough for themselves.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:29 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
the right wing radio only survives through heavy private sector subsidy.
bwahhhhh!!!!! LOL!!!!

THAT is FUNNY!

I just spit on my computer screen!

thanks for the great laugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies