Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:27 PM

117 posts, read 168,031 times

Advertisements

Edwards, Liebermann, Gore, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Harry Truman, Richard Nixon, DAN QUAYLE (seriously, who can forget him?? haha), Cheney, George Bush.

((some of which were nominees for VP ^))

Palin will probably go down in history, especially if Democrats keep flaming her like they love doing oh-so-much McCain helped her established her name and get her face out there. I doubt this is the last we've seen of Palin, though it probably won't be next election that she comes back out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 07:30 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreAristotle View Post
Edwards, Liebermann, Gore, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Harry Truman, Richard Nixon, DAN QUAYLE (seriously, who can forget him?? haha), Cheney, George Bush.

((some of which were nominees for VP ^))

Palin will probably go down in history, especially if Democrats keep flaming her like they love doing oh-so-much McCain helped her established her name and get her face out there. I doubt this is the last we've seen of Palin, though it probably won't be next election that she comes back out.
Um...most of the people you named WERE former Vice Presidents...they weren't LOSING Vice Presidential candidates, which is what the OP referred to.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Um...most of the people you named WERE former Vice Presidents...they weren't LOSING Vice Presidential candidates, which is what the OP referred to.
Yeah, my bad I misread the OP. Well, there was Edwards, so I got one lol

I tried to look it up for a link, but I only got things on Palin

Old 11-06-2008, 07:44 PM

288 posts, read 811,953 times
Geraldine Ferraro 84, Lloyd Bentsen 88, can't remember Dole's running mate in 96 though!

Old 11-06-2008, 07:49 PM

6 posts, read 7,432 times
I don't think she will be forgotten that fast. Thats wishful thinking to a lot of people.

aldri7

Old 11-06-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Palin will never be forgotten. Why?

* Spending $200,000 on clothes
That money was given to her to spend as she pleased... they probably didn't want her wearing her 100 dollar target clothing while running for such a high ranked position.

Quote:
Palin advisors tell Fox News that a portion of the over 150,000 dollars spent on clothing for Sarah Palin and her family were returned after the Republican National Convention. When asked why such a large amount was spent on clothing the advisors responded that different sizes and styles were bought for Palin to try on and possibly wear and that everything that “could be returned was (returned).” Clothes that were not worn or tailored for Palin were returned to the stores after the RNC.

FNC’s Carl Cameron also reports that of the 150,000 dollars spent that 50,000 dollars worth of clothes were returned immediately, 50,000 dollars worth remains unwrapped and packed in the plane, and more than 50,000 dollars worth of clothing is currently in use by the Palin family.

Palin said, “But RNC purchasing some clothes that are either returned or they are going to charity It is not my property."
Quote:
Barack Obama’s trips to Hawaii on a chartered Boeing 757 each cost more than twice the price of Sarah Palin’s new clothes.

Brad Blakeman, who was in charge of scheduling for President Bush, says a Boeing 757 costs about $20,000 an hour for fuel, crew, and maintenance. Since a trip to Hawaii entails 10 hours of flying time from Chicago, the total cost for each round-trip comes to about $400,000.

Obama used the Boeing 757 for trips to Hawaii over the summer for a vacation and again last week to see his failing grandmother. Admirable though that visit was, “By Obama using a private jet to go on a purely personal visit to see his grandma, he’s wasting not only energy, but he’s using the money that his supporters have given him for campaign purposes,” Blakeman says. “It’s a purely personal visit paid for with campaign funds.”

On the other hand, the media are highlighting the Republican National Committee’s purchase of $150,000 in clothes for Palin, even though the dresses will be donated to charities. The New York Times played the story on page one.

“They’re picking on Palin, who was provided a wardrobe by the RNC strictly for political purposes, and it was always intended that these garments would be then given to charity,” Blakeman says. “So there’s a benefit that’s going to charity, not a benefit that Palin will have after the election. There was a need for it because she’s a modest person who didn’t have an extensive wardrobe to do 24/7 campaigning.”

Old 11-06-2008, 09:00 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Trivia question: Which of these three distances is the fartest?
1. Wasilla, Alaska, to Russia
2. Plains, Georgia, to Canada (Jimmy Carter's home town)
3. Plains, Georgia, to Cuba.

Answer: Number 1.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:01 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,191 times
When you think of Jesse Ventura, Al Franken, even Arnold....there could very well be a place for Palin. I know, I know, two were governors like Palin, and one is running for Senate (still - recount in order). But you never know.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:06 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Bob Dole ran as VP to Ford in 1976, and his VP candidate in 1996 was Jack Kemp.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:34 PM

628 posts, read 2,070,248 times
She WAS part of the 24 hour new cycle. Once that stops, only the Fundies will give a rats ass about that pea-brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies