Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 07:39 AM

103 posts, read 261,489 times

Advertisements

and we're supposed to be upset that a church mobilized it's members - and money?
The awful truth is that many ordinary Americans - not Mormons - agree that the media is going way too far in pushing the gay lifestyle.
What gays do on their own time and their own dime is fine - but it is not okay to push that lifestyle to our kids and grandkids in their tender years on public TV.
In my town a priest got caught trying to have sex with a young kid in a restroom....
Enough is enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 07:43 AM

103 posts, read 261,489 times
OBAMA used foreign money to get elected. And it is a terrible sin now to use MONEY (which Obama did big time) to win an election?
Make me laugh.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:23 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyII View Post
OBAMA used foreign money to get elected. And it is a terrible sin now to use MONEY (which Obama did big time) to win an election?
Make me laugh.
No, he didn't. snopes.com: Obama's Troubling Internet Fund-Raising

Old 11-25-2008, 11:33 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
'Prop 8' Protesters Clash With LAPD, 7 Arrested

Last night gays protested in Los Angeles by shutting down busy Santa Monica & San Vincente blvds until 3AM. Another protest today will march to the Mormon Temple [Mormon's spearheaded the anti-gay amendment w/ large contributions & organization].

These protests could grow in number as Californians deal with the withdrawal of human rights to gays\lesbians. The demonstration got a little ugly last night & more is likely to come.

We need more gay protesters across the country, we need to expand the protest to include Catholic Cathedrals, black baptist churches as well as all the businesses that supported Yes on prop 8, not to forget about the Mormon churches in other states. The Protests should never stop!!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 11:36 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
I assume that after this, they will protest at a Mosque sine they certainly don't support gay marriage. After that, I guess they will move on the headquarters of the Democrat National Party and then the White House in January since Obama and Biden don't support gay marriage either.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I assume that after this, they will protest at a Mosque sine they certainly don't support gay marriage. After that, I guess they will move on the headquarters of the Democrat National Party and then the White House in January since Obama and Biden don't support gay marriage either.

We will protest where ever we need to. Better stay home. You wouldn't want your kids to know that gays exist. Keep telling them about Santa.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:04 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
take your protests to iran please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
We will protest where ever we need to. Better stay home. You wouldn't want your kids to know that gays exist. Keep telling them about Santa.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
take your protests to iran please.

You can go to Iran on your vacation, since you don't want to see us protesting. While you're there, protest about your taxes. I'm sure they'll listen.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:09 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
I don't care if you protest. I am saying that it's not going to happen here for something that happened in california. there isn't some massive gay population here like their is in some cities in california. I will just laugh if I see some people protesting. then if they get in my way, I will tase them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
You can go to Iran on your vacation, since you don't want to see us protesting. While you're there, protest about your taxes. I'm sure they'll listen.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:15 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times
http://*****sunited.blogspot.com/200...gizes-for.html

I was with them until they said, "Christianity for all."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies