Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2008, 04:23 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyII View Post
Gays should not adopt young children.
I agree with you. This is not just the viewpoint of YOUR church, as many Protestants, Catholics, Jews and Muslims don't like it either. The kids will be at a disadvantage and they don't need 2 mommies or 2 daddies...there are infertile heterosexual couples lining up to adopt, with an insufficient quantity of children available to meet the demand. Gay couples can always have dogs, cats...and even white tigers.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 12-25-2008 at 05:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 04:38 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
NOBODY wishes to impose anything related to sex gay or straight onto children.. I don't know how many times I have to say it on these boards.
The gay agenda (teaching it as an acceptable lifestyle to one and all) is permeating our children's schools. Two mommies, two daddies, that kind of stuff. A lot of very nice people don't approve of that or want their children to be indoctrinated.

Old 12-25-2008, 05:00 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The gay agenda (teaching it as an acceptable lifestyle to one and all) is permeating our children's schools. Two mommies, two daddies, that kind of stuff. A lot of very nice people don't approve of that or want their children to be indoctrinated.
You all talk like everyone is going to get up and become gay. All you Christians cry like babies saying "We should not redefine marriage for 10 percent of the population!"

So if it is only ten percent, there is not a lot of them. So stop acting like everyone is going to be gay.

Can't reason with people who do not know logic.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:33 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,129 times
Quote:
that is your job to teach them that.... but they must also learn that it is not ok to treat gay people or other kids of gay people poorly or like second class citizens.... If you're going to teach them that it's wrong.. then you better teach them to be quietly intolerant like yourselves... because the PUBLIC schools are for everyone... if you don't like that.. then send your kids to church schools.. I don't know what else to say to you about that....PUBLIC is for everyone.. if the public is too sinful of a place for your liking.. then perhaps church school is in order...IT IS YOUR JOB AS A PARENT TO DO WHAT YOU SEE BEST FOR YOUR CHILDREN. But it cannot be at the expense of other people's children and voting for nonsense that is against the principles of the constitution.... If that is not acceptable for you... then you're going to have to figure it out from there....

Old 12-25-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I agree with you. This is not just the viewpoint of YOUR church, as many Protestants, Catholics, Jews and Muslims don't like it either. The kids will be at a disadvantage and they don't need 2 mommies or 2 daddies...there are infertile heterosexual couples lining up to adopt, with an insufficient quantity of children available to meet the demand. Gay couples can always have dogs, cats...and even white tigers.
just because many religions agree.. doesn't make it right or based on facts...
Many gay people have children from straight relationships. believe it or not, many gay people have been in straight relationships and have tried to live according to your little standards... alas they cannot deny who they are and their feelings.. and they still have kids who ARE their flesh and blood, as well as having another mommy or daddy. Who are you to dictate what a family should or could be? how dare you... who do you think you are?
and your previous post talking about turds and what not and thinking it's funny to make fun of gays...
what are you twelve????
52 percent is NOT an overwhelming majority... and just because 52 percent of the population believes something doesn't make it the right thing to do...
that is why the issue must be weighed against the constitution to determine its validity... and that is why gay marriage will prevail.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,420 times
I know I am coming in at the middle or end of this, but what I think you're saying is that someone had a problem with a gay lifestyle, and that you believe it's ok, and that gay marriage will prevail? Just thought I'd drop in my opinion which is that if you believe in Christ and The Bible, you must believe all of the Bible not which ever parts may suit you and the parts I have read state that marriage is for a man and a woman. I don't believe that gay marriage will prevail based on that alone. I'm not trying to say I'm right and you're wrong, or that I know more than anyone else. I'm just saying that's what I read in the Bible, which millions believe in. I would just encourage you to pray for truth, whatever it may be.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyawantstohelp View Post
I know I am coming in at the middle or end of this, but what I think you're saying is that someone had a problem with a gay lifestyle, and that you believe it's ok, and that gay marriage will prevail? Just thought I'd drop in my opinion which is that if you believe in Christ and The Bible, you must believe all of the Bible not which ever parts may suit you and the parts I have read state that marriage is for a man and a woman. I don't believe that gay marriage will prevail based on that alone. I'm not trying to say I'm right and you're wrong, or that I know more than anyone else. I'm just saying that's what I read in the Bible, which millions believe in. I would just encourage you to pray for truth, whatever it may be.
everyone finds their path in life.. and because some people have found their path WITHOUT the bible or jesus... and you don't think its a valid path.. doesn't give you the right to take away their right to life liberty and persuit of happiness...
The foundation of all of this is not in telling people they should think or believe as I do... or that if they believe that being gay is a sin they should miraculously recognize the error of their ways and beliefs... NO that is not what I am saying... what I am saying is that people do not have the right under the constitution to impose their beliefs into law if it imposes on the rights of others. So in the case of prop 8. that 52 percent against it.. has every right to believe what they believe.. but they do not have the right to bring the issue to a vote. It shouldn't have been allowed to be voted on AT ALL. Of course if you ask people what they think.. they should be able to respond how they feel... but what gay people are saying is.. that they shouldn't HAVE TO ASK the general public if it is ok for them to get married..
That would be like having to ask all your friends and people at work or school or on the street to vote if you can marry your husband or wife.. is that their place??? whether they agree or not they can keep their opinion.. but who are they to be asked and given the authority to approve or deny it???
That is why we have courts and a constitution...
Not everyone prays to the same god.. or reads the same scriptures...
and Not everyone has the same path in life... If people are finding their path out there without jesus and the bible.. you should be able to respect that..
If you can do that.. then you should be able to disagree with gay marriage according to your beliefs.. but respect that people do marry someone of the same gender.. because afterall we are not talking about the kingdom of god.. we're talking about the United States of america... which does have seperation of church and state... That seperation allows you to believe in your personal truth and not be forced to roll up to the church of england each sunday morning... The same seperation of church and state that allows people to marry who they love... and not be treated as second class citizens under their government who they pay taxes to. That is called taxation without representation. Marriage is not just a religious institution.. it is a civil institution under the law. Civil marriage is all gays are asking for...

Old 12-25-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
You all talk like everyone is going to get up and become gay. All you Christians cry like babies saying "We should not redefine marriage for 10 percent of the population!"

So if it is only ten percent, there is not a lot of them. So stop acting like everyone is going to be gay.

Can't reason with people who do not know logic.
I agree with your last statement. You see, it is not just the gays, but also their democrat and liberal advocates that have academia locked up - so much easier to promote a gay agenda when you have a captive audience - students. Also the media is a major advocate for the gay agenda, as well as virtually every democrat/liberal group.

With a little thought and logic, you would understand that.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
that is your job to teach them that.... but they must also learn that it is not ok to treat gay people or other kids of gay people poorly or like second class citizens.... If you're going to teach them that it's wrong.. then you better teach them to be quietly intolerant like yourselves... because the PUBLIC schools are for everyone... if you don't like that.. then send your kids to church schools.. I don't know what else to say to you about that....PUBLIC is for everyone.. if the public is too sinful of a place for your liking.. then perhaps church school is in order...IT IS YOUR JOB AS A PARENT TO DO WHAT YOU SEE BEST FOR YOUR CHILDREN. But it cannot be at the expense of other people's children and voting for nonsense that is against the principles of the constitution.... If that is not acceptable for you... then you're going to have to figure it out from there....
I do send my children to private school.

It is not the job of teachers/administrators to advocate the gay agenda or to indoctrinate the public school children into believing that is a normal behavior.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
I agree with your last statement. You see, it is not just the gays, but also their democrat and liberal advocates that have academia locked up - so much easier to promote a gay agenda with you have a captive audience - students. Also the media is a major advocate for the gay agenda, as well as virtually every democrat/liberal group.

With a little thought and logic, you would understand that.
that is absurd... some how everyone that disagrees with you is somehow a militant agenda
Did you ever stop to think that people who actually educate themselves.. and experience the world.. are much more apt to be free thinkers and see the logic in gay rights.. rather than it being some huge conspiracy agenda that you like to make it out to be.
Scare scare... lie.. lie.. scare some more...
Education is NOT something that can be locked up by anyone...
like somehow if someone is going off to college.. they're going over to the dark side right??
You're ridiculous...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies