Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:09 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,619,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
It's funny how these all guys just resort to name-calling or the standard 'tin-foil hat' defense. Nobody can explain how Bush 'saw' the first plane crash into the towers when it wasn't televised, and they have no desire to know.
I have no problem with conspiracy theories --- such as the NAU --- and I also have no problem saying that W was corrupt and inept.
I do have a problem with blaming W for 9/11. How can a man that is purported to be so damn stupid mastermind 9/11? Either he is a complete dumb**** or he is an evil genius. Can't have it both ways.
But in this regard......why would you not believe al queda would not hate us enough to do it? These are barbarians with no conscience and no sense of pity or compassion. All they care about is getting their message out and if they die while doing it, all the better. Was W responsible for the London bombings? Was W responsible for the first world trade center bombings? Was W responsible for the beheading of Daniel Pearl?
I can go on and on........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 08:19 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,923,579 times
Is there a limit on stupid threads?

Old 11-07-2008, 08:25 PM

702 posts, read 2,292,313 times
Quote:
The SECOND plane hit was when Andy Card whispered in his ear, and he sat there for minutes with a bufuddled look on his face, only I don't see befuddlement, I see calculated deceit.
Hey Kramercat, I'm going to be the one poster to stand up for you because I believe it was 100% an inside job, and W did indeed have advanced knowledge of the whole mess (and he profited handsomely from it).

However, as he "read" a children's book upside down and was told the country was under attack, I didn't see a look of calculated deceit - I saw a look of "Oh sh*t, they went through with it. Now what do I do? Should I look confused? Shocked? Should I start crying?" He spent a few more minutes pretending to read to decide how to react to the "terrorist attack". He'll have lots of quiet time to reflect upon his dirty deeds as he trots around on horses and explores the jungles down in Paraguay next year. Maybe he'll have a chance encounter with a merciless gang of coca smugglers.

The tragedy here is the senseless murder of thousands of people, and falsely painting a negative label on Middle Eastern nations and its cultures.

That is all.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:42 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,930,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Its posts like this that remind me to hit that little "Republican" check mark when I re-register to vote..
Lol, aye I can understand being suspicious of your government, but some people take it so far that "stupid" just doesn't properly describe them.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,930,013 times
Quote:
It's funny how these all guys just resort to name-calling or the standard 'tin-foil hat' defense. Nobody can explain how Bush 'saw' the first plane crash into the towers when it wasn't televised, and they have no desire to know.

Because the problem is many of these things have been explained over and over and over and over again. The thing about a conspiracy theory is that it lives comfortably in a world of constant "question" and operates using the philosophical principal of "since we can not know everything, we know nothing". It builds on that and every single rational explanation is countered with yet another "unknown" which speculation can build and assumptions can run wild. Conspiracy theories can never be disproved because of this. They go beyond the reasonable and thats where they thrive.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:22 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,803,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
you seriously don't think that nobody saw it, that nobody told him about it, or that he concluded it from what other people were saying...

People don't try to hold any conversation on some topics because some things are stupid beyond belief. This might just be one of them.
Explain what Bush said then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies