Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:41 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeefy View Post
People do not understand that there is NO FIXING the economy. It has to contract. It has to self-correct. Injecting money only prolongs the suffering and makes the correction worse.
Why is any of that true? A lot of analysts believe that the problem we face is lack of credit liquidity. In that case, injecting money would seem to be just the thing, as it increases liquidity to make up for that which vanished as the result of paper losses in financial markets.

Quote:
So here's a challenge - regardless of who you support: Give your candidate's solutions to the economy problem that DO NOT involve printing money, increasing national debt, increasing taxes, or tampering with the free market. I say it cannot be done. Let's see what comes of this.
Let's see your candidate's plan for throwing a ball so that it DOES NOT at any time travel upwards, downwards, or sideways. I say it can't be done. Let's see what come of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 09:58 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyP View Post
My 401K is up 4% this year. Not too bad. SS trust fund is not
In no small part due to a $700 billion dollar bailout.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:04 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
A campaign, debates, appearances, speeches?

You call that a resume?
A resume, no it is not resume, but it was the most intense job interview that anyone in the private sector has ever undergone.

"This clown has never held a job in the private sector."

Now who is the clown, the Columbia, Harvard Law graduate or the poster who after such intense scrutiny missed Obama's work as a private sector attorney. Now remind me of McCain's private sector vitas.

"I wish I could include all my appearances and debates on my resume. I'd be a superstar."

I doubt it.

"How about some freaking EXPERIENCE. ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Something, God, something to give us a little confidence in this guy."

Your confidence is not required. The election is over, the people have spoken.

"Oh right, he was a rabble rouser...I mean community organizer. Terrific."

Question; do you equate the NRA or the NRL organizations with rabble rousers, because what are they other than public sector interest groups which organize on a grass roots level to affect government policy?

How did this HAPPEN????[/quote]

Old 11-09-2008, 09:06 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,194,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekape View Post
Isn't that WHY you elected him? His standing on specific issues? Oh wait, he never GAVE detailed descriptions on "how" he was going to "Change America".
I don't suppose it ever occurred to you to look at his website at any point during this election cycle?
All the candidates had them. Most were pretty detailed, including Obama's.

Just a thought, for 2012.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:57 AM

464 posts, read 1,360,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
A campaign, debates, appearances, speeches?

You call that a resume? This clown has never held a job in the private sector.

I wish I could include all my appearances and debates on my resume. I'd be a superstar.

How about some freaking EXPERIENCE. ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Something, God, something to give us a little confidence in this guy.

Oh right, he was a rabble rouser...I mean community organizer. Terrific.

How did this HAPPEN????
great, now get yer ass on that podium sir...show us what yer about

but 1st go to http://www.barackobama.com/issues/ before you continue to run your trap

Old 11-10-2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISeeTheFuture View Post
Oh, and eat me.
eat your mother

Old 11-10-2008, 01:10 AM

Quote:
That's sort of how Hitler came to power, too. Germany needs CHANGE! Never mind exactly what kind of change that is, but we need CHANGE! The Germans were soooo happy to get someone who was a great orator and who promised vague, formless, CHANGE.
what is this scroll of **** lying in front of my screen?

are you f-ing kidding me. You are RIDICULOUS! you cannot be serious. I dont, I just dont see how I missed this one. youre kidding me right?

See, pessimism is staring me in the face when I read this. How can you relate hitler to...you're kidding me

If the idea of change to you reminds you of the holocausts events...I am concerned. I noticed you said soemthing such as, "I know its not completely similar",
Quote:

Granted, I do not believe Obama will form gestapo like units that come door to door. .
but you said it...therefore you are attempting to relate it.

Its accusatory and dismal. Perhaps if your chosen president won and said the same thing word for word....you wouldnt have to say about it. You are discriminating.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:40 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Change like Hitler. Sounds like it. A neighbor said she went looking for how Hitler came into power and it was similar to how Obama came into power. He turned the children against their parents.

I am already hearing that the Democrats are talking about taking the 401K, hard earned money in my case, away from the senior citizens and giving it to the government. That sounds like stealing to me. That will be stealing half the money I own. I could buy one of those huge houses with that, but I chose to be responsible and save so I wouldn't be a burden to my children. What next. You are already killing the unborn. Are we to be next, because you don't want to deal with senior needs. We worked hard to bring up this generation while we were paying for the past generation. Now the ball is in your court. Let's see you do any better than we did.

I do not put anything past this next dishonorable administration.
Oh you had your chance to privatize social security. Why didn't you take Bush's advice? He's always looked out for you before.

Bush looked out for me too... vets who saved money in a 401k will be denied medical care altogether because they consider it earned income as if it's disposable income, along with the value of your home paid for or not.

Saganista, I always seem to learn a little something more when you post. THANKS!

Last edited by harborlady; 11-10-2008 at 02:03 AM..

Old 11-10-2008, 03:40 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,519,110 times
Quote:
Something to consider, whether you're backing the Messiah or McCain, the ONLY solution that either party has thrown out for the economy amounts to "print more money, finance it with debt (read that taxes), and hope for the best while pointing fingers at the other party for any problems." People do not understand that there is NO FIXING the economy. It has to contract. It has to self-correct. Injecting money only prolongs the suffering and makes the correction worse.

So here's a challenge - regardless of who you support: Give your candidate's solutions to the economy problem that DO NOT involve printing money, increasing national debt, increasing taxes, or tampering with the free market. I say it cannot be done. Let's see what comes of this.
Agreed. Allowing the free market to self correct will be the only way to fix this. Not printing more money(the dollar is devalued enough already) or actions like the bailout. I in fact, wrote my senators and congresswoman expressing my views against the bailout.. of course, you see how well that went for me.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:53 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Agreed. Allowing the free market to self correct will be the only way to fix this.
Free markets do not self-correct. There is no benevolent center to which they will eventually seek to return. All markets do is seek equilibrium. There is nothing at all to keep that equilbrium from occurring and then persisting at levels that imply socially disastrous consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies