Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 09:52 AM

532 posts, read 908,756 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend was playing XBox Live last night and he heard multiple players talking about assassinating Barack Obama. There was even talk about a million dollar bounty. This was several different people at different times.It is frightening what people will say behind the safety of an anonymous avatar. Do you think theywere serious? What is wrong with people?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 10:04 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
I seriously doubt that the kids playing their XBox on the Internet were serious.

I don't doubt that it'll be tried, though. It only takes one deranged fool with enough time on their hands. With over 300 million people in the country, there's always at least one. And then there's foreign interests that would like to see it happen...

I'm sure that every President in modern history would have been assassinated if it weren't for the security they're provided. A few kids talking about it while playing games online aren't a threat - even if they're serious, they're too stupid to get close to succeeding.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:23 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
Swagger.. Get a Clue.. more adults play on Consoles than Kids.. I am sure there is some truth to it eastcoastlady.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:21 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,889 times
$1million to do the job would be fine, but during this financial crisis, $8million is more like it.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:38 PM

465 posts, read 1,417,733 times
Childishness, it will probably blow over as people get used to Obama.
There are a lot of nuts out there and I'm sure the secret service realizes this.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:44 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
.It is frightening what people will say behind the safety of an anonymous avatar. ?!
Tell us who you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I

I'm sure that every President in modern history would have been assassinated if it weren't for the security they're provided. .
Harry Truman took his morning stroll down Pennsylvania Avenue at the same time every morning. LBJ took great delight in speeding away from his security detail and driving around by himself. It was Reagan who took security to the level of clinical paranoia.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:45 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
My boyfriend was playing XBox Live last night and he heard multiple players talking about assassinating Barack Obama. There was even talk about a million dollar bounty. This was several different people at different times.It is frightening what people will say behind the safety of an anonymous avatar. Do you think theywere serious? What is wrong with people?!
If they were in fact serious they're probably way too stupid to pull it off.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:23 PM

532 posts, read 908,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Tell us who you are.
No, I'd rather not. I keep politics away from work where it isn't appropriate so I wouldn't want anyone from my office hearing what a raging liberal I am
However, I'm not going around making threatening statements or anything either.
Isn't it illegal to threaten to kill the president?

Old 11-08-2008, 03:44 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
If they were in fact serious they're probably way too stupid to pull it off.
I agree.They would be stoned and watching cartoons when the law came busting in.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:49 PM

609 posts, read 1,174,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
$1million to do the job would be fine, but during this financial crisis, $8million is more like it.
completely agreed, one million dollars just isnt what it used to be. by the time you organize everything, try and cover your tracks ect does is 1 million worth it? move down south thenn. get caught??

this job would have to be proffesional. remember at all of obamas dangerous public showings there are soo much security you could believe. snipers, helicopters probably waitign by ect.

btu why kill him?? what would it gain?? for right wing america?? nothing at all. hed jsut be replaced by another one. its not a beauty padgent where mccain woudl tkae the crown after. in this day and age it would abckfire if anything and spark more sympathy and support by all people for the obama group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies