Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 09:17 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,450,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
My point is that most of the people in California who voted yes on proposition 8, hate Republicans as much as the pro-gay marriage crowd does.
And of course you have a link to back this up, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 09:31 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Why is it that Liberals cannot take a loss? Regarding Prop 8, its rather pathetic the antics they are putting up just because they lost. We are in a democracy, and the people spoke and have decided that they did not want gay marriage to be legal in California. It seems like liberals are whiny babies and will protest everytime things dont go the way they want it to. Its extremely pathetic, and I am hoping that the nation is watching these pathetic little whiners and realizing that liberals are just a group of people who want democracy ONLY WHEN IT WORKS IN THEIR FAVOR. And, if the courts overturn the people again, there will be hell to pay for our state.
How many americans do I have to explain to that we ARE NOT A DEMOCRACY. Majority does not always rule!

Old 11-08-2008, 09:47 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,122 times
Quote:
And of course you have a link to back this up, right?
Yes I do
Black vote helped gay marriage ban - UPI.com
Blacks, Postgrads, Young Adults Help Obama Prevail

You have to be living under a rock if you don't believe most blacks hate Republicans as much as gay people do. Hence why most blacks always vote for the Democrats yet at the same time they still overwhelmingly are against gay marriage.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:51 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Prop 8 is what founding fathers would call tyranny of the majority imposed upon individuals. They warned against it. They warned against church and state colluding together as well.

As much as conservatives want to make themselves out to be red blooded flag waving god bless americans, they shat upon the constitution to suit their personal beliefs by imposing them upon others. I'm against prop 8, it's patently unamerican because it's unconstitutional. Inalienable rights cannot be revoked. PERIOD.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:58 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,450,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
Yes I do
Black vote helped gay marriage ban - UPI.com
Blacks, Postgrads, Young Adults Help Obama Prevail

You have to be living under a rock if you don't believe most blacks hate Republicans as much as gay people do. Hence why most blacks always vote for the Democrats yet at the same time they still overwhelmingly are against gay marriage.
Well, isn't that sad? It doesn't speak well of blacks. And I have a graduate degree and am white and I fully supported Obama.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:00 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,349,098 times
Quote:
Why is it that Liberals cannot take a loss?
It wasn't a football game, you simpleton. It's institutionalized inequality. Some matters are more serious than "win or lose."

Old 11-09-2008, 07:17 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,733,638 times
Quote:
Why is it that Liberals cannot take a loss? Regarding Prop 8, its rather pathetic the antics they are putting up just because they lost. We are in a democracy, and the people spoke and have decided that they did not want gay marriage to be legal in California. It seems like liberals are whiny babies and will protest everytime things dont go the way they want it to. Its extremely pathetic, and I am hoping that the nation is watching these pathetic little whiners and realizing that liberals are just a group of people who want democracy ONLY WHEN IT WORKS IN THEIR FAVOR. And, if the courts overturn the people again, there will be hell to pay for our state.
Ironically enough, at the same time California voters passed Proposition 8, they also rejected a parental notice requirement for abortion for the THIRD time in four years. South Dakota voters rejected a virtual abortion ban for the SECOND time. Who exactly can't take a loss?

Old 11-09-2008, 07:20 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
history of this country and its evolution.
Wasn't it something to do with England?

Old 11-09-2008, 07:30 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
Its extremely pathetic, and I am hoping that the nation is watching these pathetic little whiners and realizing that liberals are just a group of people who want democracy ONLY WHEN IT WORKS IN THEIR FAVOR.
Well let's revoke your right to marry someone of the opposite sex and then call you pathetic for protesting about it. Actually, you are pathetic for so adamantly opposing something that is very good for some and has nothing to do with you. In other words, it helps some and harms no one. Pathetic and petty. And other things that I'll restrain myself from saying.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:32 AM

706 posts, read 1,241,620 times
San Francisco was on the lower end of voter turnout, just below the state average.

San Francisco being the cultural home of gay rights should have had a much higher turnout.

I expected them to have the highest in all the state. I support their right to peaceful protest, however they would be much better off in educating themselves about the voting process and actually getting out there to vote, instead of protesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies