Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 07:12 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Marines are animals whose absence of moral instinct is exploited and amplified by a homicidal government. I don't see what color has to do with it.
Oh boy. Ever worked with Marines? I have. There are few others I'd want watching my back when things got hairy. And I'm a Navy guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 07:18 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Well.. that depends on what the motive for the murder was. Simply looking at the makeup of victimes/ perps does not a hate crime make

There could have been many other issues involved beyond race etc.
If they were there for money why did they rape the wife torture them and then kill them? This reeks of absolute humiliation of this young couple you don't do that just for monetary gain.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:18 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
I've never read so much hate for the military.. Should I let them know I'm a Veteran too?

And proud of it.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:19 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Yep, Navy and Marines fight against each other on the ship and in bars but if outside people try to fight one or the other then both unite against the instigator.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:21 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I think a hate crime has to have evidence that it's racially motivated. Rape, for instance, isn't considered a hate crime against gender, but if you think about it... isn't it? Probably better explained by lawyers. The story and police didn't reveal anything that evidences beyond theft and cowardly murders to protect their identity. Should that evidence get discovered those charges might still get added.

The marines should be dealing with these characters directly. UCMJ isn't as lenient as regular courts and need to keep the wrong element out of the military. If they're guilty... they're going to regret the day they were born.

so if the male would have been black, the wife white and the murderers all white, you still think there would not be the drive by media screaming for hate crime charges?

Old 11-09-2008, 07:26 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
so if the male would have been black, the wife white and the murderers all white, you still think there would not be the drive by media screaming for hate crime charges?
And they raped the wife in front of the husband.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:29 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And they raped the wife in front of the husband.

hope they get the death penalty for this, it is just sick.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:06 PM

798 posts, read 2,728,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
It's probably pretty tame compared to what they did to Iraqi civilians during their tour in Iraq. Our military trains them to kill, lets them kill like it was a video game, then does nothing to deprogram them back into a peaceful society once they return home. This is the tip of the iceberg.
Have you spoken to any iraqi civilian who have told you this?

Quote:
The military forces in Iraq aren't doing a damn thing for me or even for the country as such. The only bad part of ending this war is that those scum have to come home. You can expect more headlines like this in the future. If only they kept killing their own, it wouldn't be so bad. I can vividly imagine another Tim McVeigh in our near future, though. The chickens always come home to roost.
And what are you doing for your country?

Quote:
If that is the case, I'll fight Obama ten times harder than I fought Bush, as well as emigrate.
I think you emigrating is an excellant idea...

Old 11-09-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I do have a slightly larger frame of reference than my father in regard to the very large category "veterans". I haven't been living in a cellar for 33 years, I know plenty of veterans and military folk. Almost without exception, they are either too profoundly ignorant to know that this country's international problems are of our own making, or are too amoral to care. I don't hold either category in any respect. Is there a reason I should?
Surely you are kidding???

Old 11-09-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryDoubtful View Post
All this proves is that US Marines are brainwashed, psychopathic murderers who would just as easily kill the 'enemy' as they would their next door neighbor. Remember that the next time you're thinking of joining this 'elite' group of sickos in order to get a cheap college student loan.
This is a very sad story and is a sad statement to our society in general BUT I open my newspaper every day and see other sad stories of horrible murders and it is the "neighbor next door" who never served in the military who had committed these murders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies