Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:00 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
This may not pertain to Obama directly, but this is more of a reason than ever to stock up on ammo now!
Legislation
It is a way to start the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 09:22 AM

973 posts, read 2,229,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

Wow what a way to think with the narrow mind!
How do you know your suburban/city neighbor is not armed to the hilt? There are many professional people like Dr.'s, Attorneys, etc. that are armed and now becoming more so since Obama was elected!
Exactly. Most people who own guns don't advertize to the world that they have them. I'd bet you'd be stunned to see how many people from all political parties have purchased guns since the election.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:36 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
It amazes me how many folks attach a stigma to citizens who choose to be armed. As if being armed makes one paranoid or lacking in intelligence and self confidence. I prefer to look at it as a refusal to be dependent on others for protection, or just a refusal to be a victim. Winston Churchill said it best. "We sleep, safe in our beds at night, because violent men stand ready to defend us". I would rather be one of those "violent men" than to rely on others to fill that role. My family sleeps, safe at night, because I stand ready to respond to violence with violence ten fold. If someone wishes to look down upon this attitude , thats fine, just don't look to me for help when the wolf is at the door.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:31 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,597,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

Wow what a way to think with the narrow mind!
How do you know your suburban/city neighbor is not armed to the hilt? There are many professional people like Dr.'s, Attorneys, etc. that are armed and now becoming more so since Obama was elected!
sorry, i was thinking of night of the living dead and dawn of the dead (the original one) that had the rednecks with tons of guns, not the remake of dawn of the dead

i dont think red dawn was set in suburbia either

Old 11-13-2008, 10:43 AM

858 posts, read 1,501,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriKenArtist View Post
Noone is going to take away your guns! This talk has been going on for years. Personally I cannot understand why some individuals have the need for high-powered automatic weapons.
Oh wow.... Yet another one that needs to educate them self in what the actual AWB has on it....

Old 11-13-2008, 12:18 PM

396 posts, read 1,035,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Is that the best you have? A weak attempt to bring down a fellow poster for..............typos?

And "Deliverance"? What do gay rapists have to do with 2nd ammendment issues? Other than protection from.
This has got to be one of the funniest posts I have ever read. I know that neither of you were trying to be funny, but it's just so ridiculously hilarious...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies