Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 02:00 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,141,385 times

Advertisements

As far as guns are concerned....what do we need them for?? Look what happened to that kid at a gun show that shot himself to death with a machine gun accidently!! What was a kid (8 years old I think) doing at a gun show and allowed to have that thing in his hand???? Where was his father or whoever he was at the show with at the time???? This is why we don't need guns in the first place. Sure I'll agree we need to protect and defend ourselves but if this is the outcome...then what's the use?? Obviously this kid lost a chance to live his life and probably becoming a productive citizen and because of a lack of judgement on his parents part it'll never happen. So again...what good are they if the proper safeguards are not taken!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 04:05 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
As far as guns are concerned....what do we need them for?? Look what happened to that kid at a gun show that shot himself to death with a machine gun accidently!! What was a kid (8 years old I think) doing at a gun show and allowed to have that thing in his hand???? Where was his father or whoever he was at the show with at the time???? This is why we don't need guns in the first place. Sure I'll agree we need to protect and defend ourselves but if this is the outcome...then what's the use?? Obviously this kid lost a chance to live his life and probably becoming a productive citizen and because of a lack of judgement on his parents part it'll never happen. So again...what good are they if the proper safeguards are not taken!!
There have been a number of tragic accidents on our roads here in Tioga county in the past few months. Almost all probably could have been prevented with closed course driving instruction/training and/or not consuming alcohol. Should we stop driving cars because of that?

5000 people a year die from falls. Should we ban second story houses or ladders?

300 people die in their bathtubs. Should we ban bathtubs?

The list is endless really. Every thing in life is a risk, much of which can be prevented with proper training and equipment, plus some basic common sense.

I think we need heaps of guns. Statistics I've read over 15 years, show more guns available less crime. Switzerland has an automatic assault rifle in almost every house and you don't see them going berzerk do you?

Guns are like cars. People need proper training with an emphasis on safety. We don't have enough of it.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:15 PM

Exactly, people need proper training. Unfortunately, nowadays that is not the case and guns being as they are...a deadly weapon...what do we need them for???? If everyone would use them for safety then we'd wouldn't be having this conversation here in this forum but they don't. Most guns are not used by as many, such as you, would like to be...for target practice, shooting competitions, protection, etc. So they are nothing more than deadly weapons made by companie's interested in just making a profit with no regards to where they end up!!

Old 11-09-2008, 04:21 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,082 times
the 2nd ammendment needs to be upheld ....bottom line. However, the NRA and other special interest groups who benefit from fear of "gettin' rid of da guns" because people go out in droves and spend all the money they complain about not having on weapons. Same folks who preach about less gov't will allow themselves to be hoodwinked by a bnch of special interst groups into beliving their way of life is in danger...Fear drives people to make bad descions, like stock piling ammo and going out and buying 7 guns because they think Obama is going to usurp the Constitution. Not gunna happen people!

I have stock in some weapons manufactuers soo please, by all means, make me more wealthy.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:02 PM

858 posts, read 3,043,681 times
Default My Momey

Quote:
If you're not trying to sound "racest" as you say...why don't you learn how to express yourself and how to spell correctly before bashing blacks in America. In case you didn't know air conditioning, for example that you and everyone around the world enjoys so much, was invented by a black man. Along with many other inventions that they are not properly credited for. Also, as far as I know, blacks aren't the only ones selling drugs "in every street" as you say. They are plenty of good ol' white trailer park trash and even white collar white people selling drugs on the streets of America!! So why don't you wake up already and pay attention to what goes on in the world before you go stereotyping black's in America. Sure there are some that are no good but the same can be said about whites and just about any other race. By the way, ignorance, it's spelled "RACIST". Go to Barnes and Noble and get yourself a dictionary for Christmas!! You obviously need one!!

Always told m e if i dont have soment nice to say bout somone to keep my puss shut. sooo inth is case i will lol

By the way I can spell the other word alot better!! And thats the only one I need to know. So I will save my money on that book, and put it on a down payment for another gun!

Old 11-09-2008, 05:26 PM

513 posts, read 1,079,667 times
Quote:
DAvid - I don't get your post. You cite the child's guardian as culpable for his death, then say this is why we don't need guns in first place, then cite the guardian's culpability again. Your logic makes no sense

Old 11-09-2008, 05:39 PM

Of course it would make no sense to a closet racist as yourself with an obvious lack of education. That's the problem with white America...too punk and ***** to say what you really feel in public but inside amongst your own or behind a keyboard just another bunch of racist trash!! By the way, in case you're wondering, I'm not black. I'm born here in the U.S., a proud veteran of the U.S. NAVY, and would rather be in combat with a black man willing to make a sacrifice than a *****, racist, redneck white boy from the hills which you obviously are!! People like you need to get together, go back to the woods, and leave the rest of the world to those educated and willing to make a difference. Instead of being whiny, selfish, blind little ******* that you all are!!

Old 11-09-2008, 06:02 PM

858 posts, read 3,043,681 times
WOW MR. Navy!! Getting alittle hot around the neck arnt we?? Perhap's a ice cold 6 pack could cool you down. I know them good old navy boy's like their booze! Or maybe one too many already?? Stay safe don't drink and drive..

By the way boozen & driving is the #1 cause of death in the US. Not Gun's!!

Old 11-09-2008, 06:12 PM

Yes, us Navy men do like to drink but I did my drinking back then when I was in the Navy ('78-'82). I don't drink except a little wine now and then at home or at dinner parties. Unlike some backwoods rednecks that don't know how to stop drinking especially when they're not home and then commit the accidents you speak of. Drinking and driving being the #1 cause of deaths in the U.S. is always the cry of you pro-NRA bozos who stand behind the rest of the idiots who patronize that club of rednecks. Also, I'm not "hot around the collar" as you say. Just pointing out the stupidity of some people, mostly uneducated, who post here.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:13 PM

904 posts, read 2,054,506 times
Why is this thread in the NEPA forum?

There's gotta be some appropriate echo chamber of a forum somewhere for the gun enthusiasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies