Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:31 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,588 times

Advertisements

It's that we do support our troops and vets. Maybe this forum can make a difference in someones life.

Unfortunately Verizon is not participating in this campaign but you can still donate at dav.org

Thanks you vets, enjoy your day 11/11

Quote:
COLD SPRING, KY, November 08, 2008 /24-7PressRelease/ -- This Veterans Day, the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) plans a grassroots campaign to send a million messages of thanks to the brave men and women who have served this great nation and to raise $5 million to ensure our veterans receive the health care and other benefits they earned and deserve.

With a simple text message, anyone can make a $5 donation to DAV by texting the word THANKS to 90999*. This program allows individuals to say THANKS to our nation's heroes for their service and sacrifice any where, any time.
Get the full story here: Press Release - Disabled American Veterans Launches Text a Million Thanks Campaign
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 08:42 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,936,034 times
Duplicate

Last edited by jtur88; 11-10-2008 at 08:56 AM..

Old 11-10-2008, 08:47 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,936,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
It's that we do support our troops and vets. ]
Sorry, we don't all agree on that. There are some of us who believe that the moral thing for US soldiers to do is to refuse to serve in an unjust but deadly adventure. Those are real human beings that they're killing over there. US troops are not playing World of Warcraft---what they are doing has consequences to people who are just like their own families back home.

Yes, we probably all do sympathize with the plight of our vets, whose lives have been destroyed by an egomaniac. But every one of our troops can do the courageous thing and lay down his arms and walk away from this insane slaughter and say "I am better than that".

I don't think this forum is the appropriate place to post your fund-raising drives and beg subscribers here to contribute their money to your causes. (Any peson who "says thanks" will have $5 charged to their phone bill. The story does not say who willl get the extra money, if more than a millkion people text this number.)

Last edited by jtur88; 11-10-2008 at 09:03 AM..

Old 11-10-2008, 03:55 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Sorry, we don't all agree on that. There are some of us who believe that the moral thing for US soldiers to do is to refuse to serve in an unjust but deadly adventure. Those are real human beings that they're killing over there. US troops are not playing World of Warcraft---what they are doing has consequences to people who are just like their own families back home.

Yes, we probably all do sympathize with the plight of our vets, whose lives have been destroyed by an egomaniac. But every one of our troops can do the courageous thing and lay down his arms and walk away from this insane slaughter and say "I am better than that".

I don't think this forum is the appropriate place to post your fund-raising drives and beg subscribers here to contribute their money to your causes. (Any peson who "says thanks" will have $5 charged to their phone bill. The story does not say who willl get the extra money, if more than a millkion people text this number.)

I'm sorry you don't support the people who volunteer to serve our country.

It's not my fundraiser and I didn't beg anyone. If you don't agree with donating to a disabled vet maybe the adult thing you should do is just move on and not bother replying to such a thread.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:53 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,967,267 times
I have seen radical leftwing liberals on the Huffington Post compare our U.S troops to nazi soldiers.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:22 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,714,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
I have seen radical leftwing liberals on the Huffington Post compare our U.S troops to nazi soldiers.
Yep... like those blood lusting marines that saved all of those lives at that Kalifornian hotel fire.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:26 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,192,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post

really, then maybe you should pick up a rifle and go out and help defend freedom, and give some thanks to the troops and vets who gave you the ability to voice your opinion.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
really, then maybe you should pick up a rifle and go out and help defend freedom...
I think he is restricted to picking up a keyboard.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:29 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,517,925 times
Notice that the people who hate the troops support the Democratic party?

Old 11-10-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Notice that the people who hate the troops support the Democratic party?
Well now more than ever... thats why we are completely f*cked if another world war brews up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies