Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 04:41 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,236,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
God, what an insulting post. Obviously by your steryotype of gay people, you don't understand us whatsoever.

Were you disgusted when President Elect Obama mentioned gay people in his acceptance speech?
Little secret: Obama isn't for gay marriage either. Look at the debates.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:42 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
if the shoe fits...
It dosen't and rational people see that.
If possible let's stay on topic, I don't care to get into a cyber spat, it solves nothing.
We disagree on this "issue" in many ways, you have your opinion and I have mine, however I don't see where I have resorted to name calling and false labels, please afford those who disagree with you that same consideration.

I will reply to the topic and issues directed at me but at this time let's discontinue the dialogue between us.
It's not productive.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:45 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,827,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Someone told me the other day that (whatever her version of it was) the Bible forbids interracial marriage. It involves the mixing of cultures, which she said God frowns upon.

So there ya go.
is this a bible wasps follow?

Old 11-10-2008, 04:48 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,138,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
is this a bible wasps follow?
Not sure I follow you. Are you asking if the person was a fundamentalist WASP? If so, yes, she is. She's almost a parody of them. She's the kind of person who speaks disparagingly of Martin Luther King, so of course it was no surprise to me that she's opposed to interracial marriage.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:58 PM

186 posts, read 475,068 times
I wanted to post this in the other thread, but it was closed. This thread kind of touches on what I planned to say in the other thread...such negativity towards african americans...

The people for prop 8 did a better job of getting out there and targeting those who they knew would easily be shifted to their side. They actually went to black churches and used that to their benefit.
What did the no on prop 8 people do?? All I know (not saying it is fact) it seemed as though they felt that they were entitled to the win, that throwing some signs here and there would suffice. I think there is A LOT of ignorance related to gay/lesbian relationships that need to be addressed and if the apposers would have went out there and really targeted those who are most likely against gay marriage the results may have been different. (And the african american community tends to be homophobic) Lastly, you can not expect groups of individuals that are labeled as minorities because of their ethnicity to be able to totally relate to someone who considers themself a minority based on thier sexual preference. TWO BIG DIFFERENCES...esp when religion comes into play.
And I am greatly disheartened by the way some individuals in the gay community have been acting, how can you want someone to support you if it is so easy for you to look down on them?? I do not care how you may want to look at it, race and sexual preference are two different things, you can not be madd at someone just because they dont agree with your beliefs. Instead of being angry and throwing racial slurs, become proactive in a positive way and erase some of the fears people have associated with gay marriage.

Anyways, like I said before, I voted no on prop 8.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:13 PM

713 posts, read 1,865,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Well, since a minority like gays and lesbians cannot get married, or the right was taken away, then blacks should not be allowed to marry white people. Let’s put it up for popular votes and bask in the idea of non-equality for the blacks. I am not being racist. But maybe it will remind them of when they sat in the back of the bus. Maybe then they will be more open about gay marriage and EQUAL RIGHTS for every one.
So now anyone can form their own "minority" and demand special rights? Almost anyone can consider themselves a "minority" in some way. I don't see how people who attempt to mate with the same sex are a "minority" any more than people who play chess are a "minority."

Is it time to ditch the group-think and victim-think?

Old 11-10-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nella925 View Post
I wanted to post this in the other thread, but it was closed. This thread kind of touches on what I planned to say in the other thread...such negativity towards african americans...

The people for prop 8 did a better job of getting out there and targeting those who they knew would easily be shifted to their side. They actually went to black churches and used that to their benefit.
What did the no on prop 8 people do?? All I know (not saying it is fact) it seemed as though they felt that they were entitled to the win, that throwing some signs here and there would suffice. I think there is A LOT of ignorance related to gay/lesbian relationships that need to be addressed and if the apposers would have went out there and really targeted those who are most likely against gay marriage the results may have been different. (And the african american community tends to be homophobic) Lastly, you can not expect groups of individuals that are labeled as minorities because of their ethnicity to be able to totally relate to someone who considers themself a minority based on thier sexual preference. TWO BIG DIFFERENCES...esp when religion comes into play.
And I am greatly disheartened by the way some individuals in the gay community have been acting, how can you want someone to support you if it is so easy for you to look down on them?? I do not care how you may want to look at it, race and sexual preference are two different things, you can not be madd at someone just because they dont agree with your beliefs. Instead of being angry and throwing racial slurs, become proactive in a positive way and erase some of the fears people have associated with gay marriage.

Anyways, like I said before, I voted no on prop 8.
Exactly. And I wonder where most of these same self-righteous (white) gays were when black gays were just trying to have a drink with them in the Castro.

jasmynecannick.com: Guest Column: Gay Racism in the Castro by Keith Boykin

Oh that's right. Gays can't possibly be racist. C'mon! After all they've done for blacks?

Pu-leez

Old 11-10-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoeppel View Post
So now anyone can form their own "minority" and demand special rights? Almost anyone can consider themselves a "minority" in some way. I don't see how people who attempt to mate with the same sex are a "minority" any more than people who play chess are a "minority."

Is it time to ditch the group-think and victim-think?
Next will be the lefties I guess.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:32 PM

972 posts, read 1,330,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
70% of black voters in CA voted for banning gay marriage. I have nothing else to say.

Black voters helped ban gay marriage in California | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press (http://www.freep.com/article/20081107/NEWS15/81107126 - broken link)
yeah this I find strange and I have to agree that it doesn't seem fair to me, seeing how it is a civil rights issue.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:39 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,699,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
"Regarding your f..... comment, I never mentioned the N word. Be careful with words, you could be banned from here"

"Oh sure, the only man I know who doesn't get turned on watching two chicks getting it on".

Let me respond to these two quotes, first of all I have never called anyone a Fa@@ot, and when I was a boy we routinely called one another a s!ssy, it meant you were scared to do something or acting girlie. Now that I'm an adult I don't use either word because of the intent those words would have on the person they are directed to.
Two women having sex really doesn't turn me on, the act itself says they don't want to be bothered by a man, why would I impose.

So now I've been accused of "hate mongering" did I not state in my original reply that this would indeed happen? disagree with the "agenda" get labeled a hate monger. "It's a stain on the black community", no it's not. See, this is the thing that gets me. Rosa Parks didn't refuse to give up her seat so that you could sleep with another man or woman. Rosa Parks refused to give up the seat because of her treatment as a BLACK WOMAN not a HOMOSEXUAL WOMAN. MLK, do you really think that as his home was being bombed, as he was hit in the head with bricks,and had death threats phoned in to his wife was thinking "hmmmmmm maybe one day this society will allow me to be seen as a person first and black second, by the way I guess I'll champion "gay rights" while I'm at it"
Think about it, MLK while not perfect, was a man of the black church and at that time the black church was not nearly as wishy washy as it is today in terms of homosexuality. The stance was as clear as day,the life style was and is a direct contradiction to the word of God. So please stop attempting to portray him as a man who would turn his back on his God to make you feel better.

Someone else called me a bigot because I described an aspect of the homosexual lifestyle, notice I got called a bigot not a liar? What I said was absolutely true, we are adults here so let's not pretend what I said wasn't the truth. Are those who tell the truth now bigots because you don't want to hear the truth. It was called rhetoric, how about calling it what it is, the truth.
Someone suggested that the "Gay agenda" isn't shoved down my throat. Well what would you call it when you use the court and public officials to promote the "diversity" of the homosexual lifestyle to my school aged children w/o my consent and many times awareness. When the country consistently gives you their response to the Marriage question and you basically tell everyone to go screw themselves because they have a different set of viewpoints than yourself. When I can't watch television without seeing the token gay couple in the most unrealistic situations, and my children look at me and asked "why are they doing that", now I must explain homosexuality to an seven year old.

You then tell me my "almighty God" can't judge you and that my God never said to hate others.
God loves every sinner that DOES NOT mean he accepts the sin, and we are all sinners in his sight, not only because of what we physically do but oftentimes what we mentally think. My God WILL judge me and even if you choose not to believe it he will judge you also, please don't believe that because he loves you he will disregard his own word.
I don't hate anyone, it makes me no difference if you are gay or straight, if you ever needed a helping hand mine would be there for the taking, this in no way is my endorsement for your lifestyle, it would simply be the humane thing to do.

You state that you never call anyone a F……., well, look at your own statement below……..

“how would you receive a post where I suggested we go back to a time where "sissies and "fa@@ots" were beaten on site”

I am not sure I can understand why trying to get equal rights is an agenda…….next thing we are going to be accused of having a gay mafia…..

Someone else didn’t call you a liar for your lifestyle comment. You are a liar. There you go.

What is your seven years old doing watching Prime time TV? Shouldn’t he be watching cartoons, doing his homework or sleeping? And if he happens to ask what those two men/women are doing, on those “most unrealistic situations” (yeah, because we gays don’t exist, we are not real), then you simple tell that kid, they are two human beings that love each other, like your mommy and daddy.

I don’t have any comments regarding God. I know He loves and accepts me for whom I am. He even loves you. Bless your heart.

And if you ever need help, my hand will also be there to help you, even my house if you need a roof. No need to lock the door at night, the gay boogie man will not try to have sex with you. I respect your “choice”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies