Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:49 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I quit reading when he said liberals have control of the newsmedia.

It's pretty much a given that at least 2 out of 3 newsmedia is leftist leaning...

Bud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 04:36 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times
Don't talk crap about Chuck Norris, or little Ninja Squirrels will sneak into your house and night and steal your nuts.

Nice post though.. wonder if it was really from Chuck.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:54 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I quit reading when he said liberals have control of the newsmedia.
Did it hit a little too close to home?

Old 11-11-2008, 05:55 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Does it really matter what a third rate actor says about anything??? We never listened to good actors during the election to form our thoughts or opinions so wth would we listen to this idiot now.I'll bet Obama framed it and laughs with his buddies about it.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,174 times
It is so sad that so many Americans ARE BLIND to the crisis facing this nation. This is the first year
that I have seen innumerable racists and conservatives come out in droves to voice the negitives . .

Get this straight: The damage done to this beautiful country (which I love and respect dearly, just in case readers go off the tangeant) is so great that nobody can fix it in the next 20/25 years. We
are morally and economically bankrupt. We have been killing thousands of innocents both here and
internationally with our internal and foreign policies - Our policies are to destroy the lives of hard
working Americans. .. to use their tax dollars to finance big business who can write off virtually all
their draws as business expenses. As an Accountant if I followed these local accounting precedures practised here in other Western and even third world countries I would be in prison. In this country
if you cannot "fix a balance sheet" for "bank purposes" you dont have a job.

To all those anti-Obama fanatics in about a decade or two English will be the second language to Spanish . . and in about a century most peoples of the world (especiallyly here) will be brown. The days of "old white men" in the white house will be no more. We will have women and people of color
as our future leaders.

Internationally, we do not have a single country who is "with us". If I were an advisor I recommend we withdraw from all our military excursions, except Afganistan where we need to more than double our efforts. We need to use our brains more than the trigger on the borders of Pakistan. The Pakistani dictators used our tax dollars to line their pockets and in my strongest feelings I know that our taxes paid for the safe-keep of Osama bin Laden and we may even be doing that right now.

After paying interest on the monies borrowed from China, Russia etc use the funds to better the medical infrastructure for all Americans. Double the education budget: More than half of our students do not finish high school and thats a shame. College is unaffordable here. We need America educated in every front . .

We need to bring back manufacturing. Stop state funding for businesses operating outside the US.
We need our capitalists to be more patriotic by investing here instead of China. Stop the brain drain
that started after our Iraqi adventure and encourage smart people to return. Treat outsiders with respect (tell that to Condi / Chaney squad). Don't provoke hatred and wars anymore and dont destabilize other countries anymore. This is a critical moment for all of us. No country admires the
US right now.

Obama is our only hope. I disagree with him on various issues (especially in the way he got sucked into the way that Washington thinks) Encourage and help him to bring sanity. He is not a hardliner
like others before him.

Prem Charan

Old 11-11-2008, 08:28 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
>wonder if it was really from Chuck.<

Not on snopes or urban legends. hmmmm

Old 11-11-2008, 08:46 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,240,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfjtm View Post
Plenty of liberals state that liberals have control of the news media. Pick up a book, preferably life-long Democrat Bernard Goldberg's "Bias" or "Arrogance." Better yet, read them both, in that order, then you'll understand how liberals have control of the news media - direct from a liberal's mouth.
Whining about the "liberal media" is about all the right wingers have to fall back on. The media was saturated with right wing propagandists until it became apparent the public wasn't buying that pig anymore no matter how much lipstick you slap on it. Who could forget the "fair & balanced" Fux News flag waving & cheerleading the Iraq war. But to people that grow up on this right wing propaganda everything else seems biased.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:11 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Wow. What poor winners you all are.

I read the letter and while I didn't agree with everything in it, I recognized the intelligence, thoughtfulness and strength of character found within it.

Then comes the bashing. The same "kill the messenger" mentality that we saw with Joe the plumber. Mr. Norris was asking his leader to lead, and to follow the oath he's going to be taking in January. What about that makes him "stupid" or an "idiot"?

If Democrats continue to behave the way they did before the election and maintain the same attitude demonstrated in this thread, they're guaranteeing themselves the loss of Congress and perhaps even a second Obama term.

You won. You have the white house and congress. Start acting like grown-ups and show some grace.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:21 AM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
Im sure Obama was overwhelmed with joy and pride to have received a letter from his majesty Chuck Norris.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:02 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,733,470 times
Chuck sez: "it would be relatively easy for you to rule as king"

Ummm, sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies