Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 02:41 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Spoken like a sarcastic, snippy, starkravingmad queen on fiyah!

Domestic partnerships are legal in the state of California.

Take your domestic partnership, get a lawyer, and SUE FOR THE RIGHT FOR IT TO BE RECOGNIZED IN THE OTHER STATES IN THIS COUNTRY WERE IT IS NOT! Sue for the federal government to recognize your DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP! And if there are still any LOOPHOLES AFTER YOU SUE SUE SUE! THEN GET A Lawyer DRAW UP A POWER OF ATTORNEY AND CLOSE THE FCKKIN loopeholes.

Period.
That shouldn't be necessary. Are opposite-sex couples goes through all that ****? Then same-sex couples shouldn't have to, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 02:50 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
That shouldn't be necessary. Are opposite-sex couples goes through all that ****? Then same-sex couples shouldn't have to, either.
Well, there's 52 states to run through individually.

And it will cost billions to fight the majority who don't like it.

You'd better get started now!

Old 11-11-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Well, there's 52 states to run through individually.

Quote:
And it will cost billions to fight the majority who don't like it.

You'd better get started now!
No one should have to fight the "majority" who doesn't like it. If don't think same-sex marriage is a good idea, then don't marry someone of the same sex. This isn't even as difficult as the stupid paper I'm supposed to be writing.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:

No one should have to fight the "majority" who doesn't like it. If don't think same-sex marriage is a good idea, then don't marry someone of the same sex. This isn't even as difficult as the stupid paper I'm supposed to be writing.
As I have said before, the US Supreme Court will not rule on this subject. It will be tossed back to state's rights, and each individual state will vote on it.

What don't you understand about this?

So, raise your billions, jam up the court system and have 52 tantrums all over the nation.

It will take decades to get it nationwide.

Each state will have their say on what they will accept.

California isn't the only state who voted on this subject.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:18 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,010,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Yes a lot of us are angry at the outcome of proposition 8 and hopefully we can settle down at pointing fingers. Yes a dissapointing setback of civil rights for many of your own country men and women, but hopefully more people get to learn about Gay Marriage and why is it really important. So please I beg anyone who doesn't understand why Gay Marriage is that important to read this wonderful (not long) essay, a good read.

Gay Marriage: The Arguments and the Motives

EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT.. most of what I've said in arguments with people on the thread I started was in this essay.. and I'm not even gay!!!

Giving you rep points for posting it..

Unfortunately those zealots will still not get it. They are too blinded by their prejudice. BUt Kudos none the less.. maybe it will get through to one or a few !

Old 11-11-2008, 04:05 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,578,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT.. most of what I've said in arguments with people on the thread I started was in this essay.. and I'm not even gay!!!

Giving you rep points for posting it..

Unfortunately those zealots will still not get it. They are too blinded by their prejudice. BUt Kudos none the less.. maybe it will get through to one or a few !
Sorry, but if you think it is normal to insert your penis into another man's anus, you will do it in the closet where the majority of Americans will not have to see you.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:11 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyankee View Post
Sorry, but if you think it is normal to insert your penis into another man's anus, you will do it in the closet where the majority of Americans will not have to see you.
You're stuck in a time warp. What is this? 1952?

Old 11-11-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
So, raise your billions, jam up the court system and have 52 tantrums all over the nation.
Just wondering where the other two states came from.

Quote:
It will take decades to get it nationwide.

Each state will have their say on what they will accept.

California isn't the only state who voted on this subject.
Right, I was just saying that none of that ever should have been the case to begin with.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyankee View Post
way to be irrelevant

Old 11-11-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Just wondering where the other two states came from.

Right, I was just saying that none of that ever should have been the case to begin with.
Territories vote too! - Guam and Puerto Rico

Last edited by LuckyGem; 11-11-2008 at 04:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies