Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:41 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times

Advertisements

Poor fat, useless sack of s**t. If she doesn't know how to stop cramming her face with food long enough to take up less than an entire zipcode then I really don't see how she could attack other people's character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 10:02 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
the progressive "thinkers" are working over time. who cares what percentage of a "group" voted. the FACT is OBAMA won the election,(blacks voted for him 95%) and all the libs chime in; get used to it. well things didnt go so well for your gay friends. except that people voted there feelings. to bad if it doesnt suit you. shut up trying to blame anybody. they lost the vote. right on jim280

Nah. I don't feel like shutting up. In fact, I think I just might work to have the measure reversed.

You have a problem with that?

Old 11-10-2008, 10:16 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,239,342 times
It's the first intelligent thing I've heard her say. It truly is a stain on the black community to go from being oppressed to oppressor. They of all people should know better.

Obligatory disclaimer: Some of my best friends are black and gay.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Poor fat, useless sack of s**t. If she doesn't know how to stop cramming her face with food long enough to take up less than an entire zipcode then I really don't see how she could attack other people's character.
Yeah, I can't imagine how she could attack those fine upstanding black bigots character.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
I have as much right attacking her as she has attacking black people for the way they voted. Famous my a$$,if she don't like the way the black people voted....tough $hit. She's just a loud mouth pig calling the blacks bigots and ignorant because she didn't like the way they voted.
No, we're calling blacks who voted for Prop 8 bigots just the way I would be a bigot if I voted for blacks & whites not to have the right to marry eachother. I've always fought against bigotry against the black community. What a sad betrayal by those who should know better. Blacks that try to defend this outright bigotry are a disgrace.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:56 PM

952 posts, read 3,705,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
70% of black californians (http://www.roseanneworld.com/blog/2008/11/70_of_black_californians.php - broken link)

"They showed themselves every inch as bigoted and ignorant as their white christian right ring counterparts who voted for mccain-palin and bush-cheney".

I agree with her. I don't understand how a group of people that has been discriminated against and treated like dirt for hundreds of years can turn around and do the same thing to someone else. Deprive them the right to get married because they are gay.
And don't even bring up the bible say this crap, because not everybody believes everything that is written in the bible. If on "judgment day", God is so worried about weather or not you married a man or a woman, rather then looking at your life and how you were as a human being and how you treated others, then damn it, send them to hell then.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:56 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
70% of black californians (http://www.roseanneworld.com/blog/2008/11/70_of_black_californians.php - broken link)

"They showed themselves every inch as bigoted and ignorant as their white christian right ring counterparts who voted for mccain-palin and bush-cheney".

Roseanne who?

Bud

Old 11-11-2008, 01:27 AM

855 posts, read 2,395,816 times
You could be gay and never be discriminated against if it was not known you were gay unless you went out of your way to demonstrate it. Blacks were/still are discriminated against on sight despite the majority being productive members of society on many levels, now including the highest office in the land. There is a difference. A gay person can "blend into society", for lack of a better phrase, a black person can't hide the color of their skin. Don't compare the two because it's not the same. Heck, there are people who still stigmatize interracial relationships.

If someone does believe homosexuality is immoral or goes against the grain of society, that's their choice. Whether they were raised that way or acquired that belief, it remains their choice and it isn't Roseanne's or anyone else's place to tell them they're wrong. That's freedom of choice, part of the foundation our democracy was based on.

I personally don't care. Live and let live as far as I'm concerned and if a gay couple wants/needs a marriage license to legitimize their relationship, they can have it. It's not up to me to decide whether it's right or wrong but it's not my place to tell someone else to feel the same way.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:37 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Well, that isn't the topic of the thread, but still, that's not a reason. This isn't a theocracy. The Bible doesn't much care for infidelity, either...should we outlaw it? The vote was for or against civil marriage, not religious marriage.
Some states do have laws where a married person can press charges against his or her spouse for infidelity. You are right that this isn't a theocracy, and that is what makes the United States such a great nation where we can have people of all faiths or no faith at all to vote on an issue. Unfortunately for gays, WE THE PEOPLE have clearly spoken on this issue.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:46 AM

186 posts, read 475,033 times
It is sickening that people are blaming all blacks in california because a majority of them voted yes on prop 8...and you're basing this all off of EXIT POLLING. It is sad because I voted no and so did a lot of other black people, but most people seem to forget that. How about you look past race and see WHY these individuals voted the way they did...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies