Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 04:36 PM

464 posts, read 1,741,309 times

Advertisements

Uncle Sam has nothing over this Monster : Obama Wants You! . Only in this american age of apathy , could people be duped on the highest of all issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 04:48 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDeDo View Post
Uncle Sam has nothing over this Monster : Obama Wants You! . Only in this american age of apathy , could people be duped on the highest of all issues.
I voted for McCain and this is one of the reasons why.

Of course you'll get many heated responses to this as people will have their own beliefs - so I'll agree to disagree with those who like what the posted URL states.

Lets hope this newly elected president doesn't have more surprises up his sleeve and leads this great country in the right direction in which the majority of Americans will approve of.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:49 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
I voted for McCain and this is one of the reasons why.

Of course you'll get many heated responses to this as people will have their own beliefs - so I'll agree to disagree with those who like what the posted URL states.

Lets hope this newly elected president doesn't have more surprises up his sleeve and leads this great country in the right direction in which the majority of Americans will approve of.
What has Obama suprised us with?

Old 11-13-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
What has Obama suprised us with?
Many people don't know about the content of the posted URL (being I've spoken to MANY myself and know of people that have as well with them not knowing) so there's the surprises I speak of.

I hope there's not any more negative ones coming - let him keep his surprises positive ones that most of the American people will approve of.

Like I said that I'll agree to disagree.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:18 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,742 times
Quote:
Many people don't know about the content of the posted URL (being I've spoken to MANY myself and know of people that have as well with them not knowing) so there's the surprises I speak of.

I hope there's not any more negative ones coming - let him keep his surprises positive ones that most of the American people will approve of.

So anybody can post whatever they want about somebody and it should be considered true? It's called propaganda. Just because you've spoken to people who by into propaganda doesn't make the propaganda true. Obama himself hasn't suprised us with anything. He's maintained his same message for two years. If you believe this stuff, I truly feel sorry for you.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:24 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,103,650 times
Quote:

Unsurprisingly, that url is filled with absolute bullsh*t.

Critical thinking people. Get some.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Unsurprisingly, that url is filled with absolute bullsh*t.

Critical thinking people. Get some.
Okay then I'm all ears - tell me the truth about what's said in that URL and Obama, that's all I seek, set it straight.

You'd be surprised on how many people have different viewpoints and truths about Obama - it'll make ones head spin.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:39 PM

387 posts, read 677,607 times
I'm just going to throw this out there. The pro-life crowd is not going to win converts by being so extreme in their ideology. Here in Colorado, a law defining a fertilized egg as a "person" was voted down on November 4 by a 47 point margin. It isn't that we're all gung-ho about abortion, we just aren't crazy.

Painting Obama as someone who just wants to kill "babies" is ridiculous. Unless there can be some reasonableness from the pro-life crowd, I don't think they'll get anywhere.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:42 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,103,650 times
Quote:
Okay then I'm all ears - tell me the truth, that's all I seek.

You'd be surprised on how many people have different viewpoints and truths about Obama - it'll make ones head spin.
People may have different opinions, they don't have different truths.

Obama Wants You... to sanction the killing of infants born alive!

This whole "killing infants alive" is an absolute ruse. Illinois law already requires doctors to assist infants born alive, that bill was only used by those who want abortions ban to water down the language to eventually allow for a court ruling claiming abortion is illegal under current law.

This was 5 years ago. Care to point out how many infants born alive have been killed in Illinois (sanctioned by medical professionals) since then? I'll give you a hint. It starts with z and ends in o.

If you think all of a sudden the US is going to start doing this as of Jan 20th, I've got some GM stock to sell you.

By the way, some of that isn't necessarily false, but so ridicululously biased they miss the forest for the trees. They say Obama wants you to forget his associations with NARAL and Planned Parenthood. But that's not true at all. Obama doesn't hide the fact that he, like the majority of the country, is pro-choice. The anti-choice folks have been fighting this battle for 30+ years, and public sentiment is still against them. Websites like that preach to the choir (complete with their own "truths"). They accomplish little else.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
People may have different opinions, they don't have different truths.

Obama Wants You... to sanction the killing of infants born alive!

This whole "killing infants alive" is an absolute ruse. Illinois law already requires doctors to assist infants born alive, that bill was only used by those who want abortions ban to water down the language to eventually allow for a court ruling claiming abortion is illegal under current law.

This was 5 years ago. Care to point out how many infants born alive have been killed in Illinois (sanctioned by medical professionals) since then? I'll give you a hint. It starts with z and ends in o.

If you think all of a sudden the US is going to start doing this as of Jan 20th, I've got some GM stock to sell you.

By the way, some of that isn't necessarily false, but so ridicululously biased they miss the forest for the trees. They say Obama wants you to forget his associations with NARAL and Planned Parenthood. But that's not true at all. Obama doesn't hide the fact that he, like the majority of the country, is pro-choice. The anti-choice folks have been fighting this battle for 30+ years, and public sentiment is still against them. Websites like that preach to the choir (complete with their own "truths"). They accomplish little else.
As a Pro-Life Believer I'm not all of a sudden going to agree with Pro-Choice ideals.

Pro-Choice is an excuse for irresponsible behavior most of the time (didn't say ALL) to fool around then dispose of their "mistakes". Of course there could be 1,000 forum pages debating when life starts in the womb - so I'll stop here. Again I'll agree to disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies