Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 06:31 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,765,635 times

Advertisements

Do gays in California plan to convince California voters by forming an angry mob and assaulting a 69 year old grandmother??? This makes me sick, a gay guy was stomping on the old woman's cross and pushing her violently...

Why do so many on here sympathize with this movement? I don't even think that the 'movement' represents your average gay guy, it represents the extremist (and now militant) wing of the gay pride parade.

Now I see there is another thread about a group of gays who stormed into a church.... What the hell is wrong with this country?????????????

YouTube - Anti-Proposition 8 Mob Attacking Grandmother
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 06:53 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,489 times
Well the extremists who did this are to be punished. HOWEVER, to suggest that the sympathizers of this movement are all extremists is ignorant. MOST gay people, I'd imagine, are part of this movement as well as a large part of straight society. Don't blame the whole group for the stupidity of a few. remember, that's what you guys were all saying about the idiots at Palin rallies shouting "Kill him!" (Re: Obama.)

Old 11-12-2008, 06:54 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Do gays in California plan to convince California voters by forming an angry mob and assaulting a 69 year old grandmother??? This makes me sick, a gay guy was stomping on the old woman's cross and pushing her violently...

Why do so many on here sympathize with this movement? I don't even think that the 'movement' represents your average gay guy, it represents the extremist (and now militant) wing of the gay pride parade.

Now I see there is another thread about a group of gays who stormed into a church.... What the hell is wrong with this country?????????????

YouTube - Anti-Proposition 8 Mob Attacking Grandmother
Another repeat thread, please check the page before posting.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:08 PM

630 posts, read 1,294,914 times
I just saw it on fox, i was thinking if these gays had one of their vote no on prop 8 signs knocked out of their hands, they would have behaved violently. Why were all the gay marriage protesters holding up "no on 8" signs? Its already been voted for.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:34 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,765,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Well the extremists who did this are to be punished. HOWEVER, to suggest that the sympathizers of this movement are all extremists is ignorant. MOST gay people, I'd imagine, are part of this movement as well as a large part of straight society. Don't blame the whole group for the stupidity of a few. remember, that's what you guys were all saying about the idiots at Palin rallies shouting "Kill him!" (Re: Obama.)
That's why I said extremists have hijacked the movement from the majority of moderate gays. That's too bad, until they settle down, I think average folk like me will not tolerate the loud disrespectful tone that the whole movement seems to have adopted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Another repeat thread, please check the page before posting.
That's your job! I don't hang around here all day so I wouldn't know...

Old 11-13-2008, 12:33 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,489 times
Quote:
That's why I said extremists have hijacked the movement from the majority of moderate gays. That's too bad, until they settle down, I think average folk like me will not tolerate the loud disrespectful tone that the whole movement seems to have adopted.

I think you're wrong, they have not hijacked the movement, they are merely PART of it. It's only that the extremists get more press. I think moist of the movement is really quite moderate. what is 'extreme' about wanting equal rights as the rest of humanity?

Old 11-13-2008, 12:34 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Rotfl

Old 11-13-2008, 12:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
when i see innate hatred towards christianity i know where that is coming from regardless of the label.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:40 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
gays are getting loud and belligerent because the average folks keep looking down on them...get it through your head big mean bear. Look at blacks in the 50s...the followers of Malcolm X comes to mind...hello.

Quote:

Old 11-13-2008, 12:43 PM

387 posts, read 677,929 times
Related: Would-be Prop 8 Supporters take gay man at gunpoint, beat him to death.

Let's not judge either side based on the actions of extremists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies