Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 05:50 PM

149 posts, read 171,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
You are wrong. We are ALL to be treated the same under the law. You cannot vote away a person's rights.

We cannot deny the right to marry to an entire class of people because God created them with different genes.

Years back the bible was used to deny women their rights under the law.

More recently the bible was used to perpetuate slavery. It is so sad that many blacks are using the strategies that were used against them to suppress another group.

Now the same book is being used to deny gays their equal rights.

There is no way that this will continue. Gays WILL marry.

This move by the Mormons is just to soften the feelings of the Republican religious right so that next election time their guy might do better. Mormons who make these decisions tend to be game players and are not strangers to lying when it helps their cause. They know their people will follow like good little sheep.
How can you make something right that alway has been wrong since the beginning of time. God is against gay sex or marriage period. Alway has been and alway will be. You are trying to legalize sin and to force millions of Christian to go against the Bible and their faith. What gives you that right? The Bible condemns homosexuality not only in the old testament but also in the New Testament folks. To keep beating the drum of rights is bogus. That is like saying we demand rights to commit adultery, child molesting, bestiality, serial killers, and so on. Sorry to have to draw a picture here but you people are forcing this. God forbids a man to lie with a man as a woman, or a woman to lie with a woman as with a man. God created man and woman to be one flesh to have children, to be a family and all that God made was good. What Homosexuals are doing is perverted and against Gods Holy design. It is really a slap in Gods face. So why force this on the majority? It is wrong!

Old 11-17-2008, 05:50 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post

And therein lies the proof of hubris.]
Actually a person who has voted the will of God has no reason to feel ashamed. None whatosever.

Quote:
You're calling yourself christian and believe you're without sin?
Its not a sin to keep the Lord's commandments and encourage others to the same. Not at all.

Quote:
It's not in the realm of possibility that you could be wrong?
Following Gods will wrong? Never.

Quote:
This is the point where even faithful hetero christians shun you and consider you beyond all reason.
84% of Christians who go to church at least once a week voted Yes on 8. Its the pick-and-choose 'Christians' who manipulate Scripture to justify wickedness that have the problem. Perhaps some of them should actually attend church more often.

Quote:
95% of the bible (all versions) is a message of love written in parable format as a means to reach the soul and encourage thoughtful self examination.
And Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Said it Best:

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15

Quote:
By all other actions he encouraged another path, offered an option, respectful of free will consistent with Gods respect of free will.
100%. We have free will.

But he has indeed given us a clear indication of the path he wants us to take when it comes to marriage.

For the record, Im not really this CHURCHY, but when forced to answer for oneself, a person is sometimes brought back to their faith.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:54 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy27 View Post
How can you make something right that alway has been wrong since the beginning of time. God is against gay sex or marriage period. Alway has been and alway will be. You are trying to legalize sin and to force millions of Christian to go against the Bible and their faith. What gives you that right? The Bible condemns homosexuality not only in the old testament but also in the New Testament folks. To keep beating the drum of rights is bogus. That is like saying we demand rights to commit adultery, child molesting, bestiality, serial killers, and so on. Sorry to have to draw a picture here but you people are forcing this. God forbids a man to lie with a man as a woman, or a woman to lie with a woman as with a man. God created man and woman to be one flesh to have children, to be a family and all that God made was good. What Homosexuals are doing is perverted and against Gods Holy design. It is really a slap in Gods face. So why force this on the majority? It is wrong!
You don't seem to understand, not everyone believes in god. And also, if there were a god, doesn't it seem wrong for you to speak out in his/her name, shouldn't he/she be the one doing it? Also, allowing gay marriage is not forcing christians to go against their faith because you don't have to recognize it, now do you? It's allowing gay people the right to be married, period.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Because you CAN say nothing more.
Agenda = equal rights.
That is all.

Gays do not want multiple spouses, like some religious groups do.
They do not wish to corrupt our youth, as other religious groups have.
They only want to be able to pair into couples and have the same rights as the rest of us in mainstream America who marry. That is not pushing an 'agenda'. That is just asking for common human decency.
I hate to say this but every thing you have said is not true and I think you know it. You are trying to police this forum with your beliefs and sway others. I don't buy it and I hope others do not either. The truth be known many homosexuals have multiple partner much much more that straight people. Have not heard of the bath houses in California? Yes many do desire to corrupt our youth and to encourage them to try homosexual sex! Human decency you say is an oxymoron on this issue. Human decency would be for the homosexual to get help, and not spread his sinful perverted lifestyle on innocent children. I do not want to argue but you are forcing my hand on this. I could leave this forum but feel I have to set the record straight for others that may not understand what is really going on. We should be seeking the truth.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:00 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Actually a person who has voted the will of God has no reason to feel ashamed. None whatosever.

Its not a sin to keep the Lord's commandments and encourage others to the same. Not at all.

Following Gods will wrong? Never.

84% of Christians who go to church at least once a week voted Yes on 8. Its the pick-and-choose 'Christians' who manipulate Scripture to justify wickedness that have the problem. Perhaps some of them should actually attend church more often.

And Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Said it Best:

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15

100%. We have free will.

But he has indeed given us a clear indication of the path he wants us to take when it comes to marriage.

For the record, Im not really this CHURCHY, but when forced to answer for oneself, a person is sometimes brought back to their faith.
For the record:

Not all us are 'Christian'---------as in Jesus Christ died to absolve mankind's sins. If I screw up----------it is my own damn problem.

That stated: I do follow many, if not most Christian tenets.

As for the Ten Commandments: to me it is a code of ethics, nothing more.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
I hate to say this but every thing you have said is not true and I think you know it. You are trying to police this forum with your beliefs and sway others. I don't buy it and I hope others do not either. The truth be known many homosexuals have multiple partner much much more that straight people. Have not heard of the bath houses in California? Yes many do desire to corrupt our youth and to encourage them to try homosexual sex! Human decency you say is an oxymoron on this issue. Human decency would be for the homosexual to get help, and not spread his sinful perverted lifestyle on innocent children. I do not want to argue but you are forcing my hand on this. I could leave this forum but feel I have to set the record straight for others that may not understand what is really going on. We should be seeking the truth.
For the record: Gays are born-------------not converted/'perverted' from Straight people. And too, many of not most pedophiles are Straight as well.

BTW: I am Straight but not a child molester.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Why would anyone waste their time proving the earth is not flat or the moon is not made of swiss cheese? If you want to wallow in ignorance be my guest.
See right there is what I mean. Flat earth you say, well guess who believed in the flat earth? It was your so called scientist of the day that thought the earth was flat. The real church never believed the earth was flat, neither did Isaac Newton a strong Christian Scientist new the earth was round as a ball. The swiss cheese part I guess you made that one up.

So making remarks like "If you want to wallow in ignorance be my guest." doesn't sound very scientific to me. Again I ask where is the proof of evolution? Don't have it? Well then get back on subject.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:14 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,267 times
Quote:
You are trying to police this forum with your beliefs and sway others.
This sounds more like you, to be honest.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Evolution is complex & it's pretty difficult to explain it all in one post on CD. However, I do suggest that you go to your local public or natural science museum & check it out, have you been to your museum yet? I also suggest you read through Darwin's "Origin of the Species" & become familiar w/his studies of the species of finches on the Galapagos Islands. The proof of evolution is innumerable thru various studies, research, findings, etc.-the evolution of marine life to amphibian to land mammal is one example, along w/the presence of vestigial organs, such as the tailbone that we still have. And surely even you are familiar w/the early neanderthals. It may do you some good to become more familiar w/it if you want to have a plausible discussion on here.
Yes yes I know all about Darwin and his book even by so called evolution standards is way behind the times. Vestigial organs have been debunked long ago and evolutionist know this, where have you been? Neanderthals are just as much human as we are, some say they may have suffered from rickets during the ice age and lack of vitamin D. Their brains are as large of not larger than ours. The finches not a problem with horizontal adaptation, but you never see vertical. You can breed all styles of dogs but they will always be dogs never turn into a new species never. Sorry but evolution has sold you a bill of goods.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:28 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Yes yes I know all about Darwin and his book even by so called evolution standards is way behind the times. Vestigial organs have been debunked long ago and evolutionist know this, where have you been? Neanderthals are just as much human as we are, some say they may have suffered from rickets during the ice age and lack of vitamin D. Their brains are as large of not larger than ours. The finches not a problem with horizontal adaptation, but you never see vertical. You can breed all styles of dogs but they will always be dogs never turn into a new species never. Sorry but evolution has sold you a bill of goods.
Sweetheart, I majored in conservation just a couple years ago, so please do not tell me what has or has not been debunked by scientists or is thought of as an "old way of thinking". It's obvious you don't have a grasp on it nor do you want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies