Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 08:05 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I've seen the same thing....its really sad.
What's really sad in my opinion is parents who don't even take the time to take their children to church and teach them about God and the "love thy neighbor as thyself" lifestyle taught by Jesus Christ.

http://jesuschrist.lds.org/SonOfGod/eng/

Last edited by justamere10; 12-07-2008 at 08:19 AM..

Old 12-07-2008, 08:33 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKyngeKorny View Post
That is a LIE!

Prayer doesn't "hurt" anyone, but it is not allowed, because, "it offends people who do not believe in the same religion, or any religion, at all."

Yet, the senator who said, "marriage is not discussed in schools," admitted, ON HIS WEB SITE, that marriage is discussed in 98% of California schools.

Like I said, if a guy wants to marry a guy, or a girl, a girl, assure me that they will not bring it into the schools. If I can't pray there, because it offends someone, equality demands that I have a right to be assured that I won't be offended by some homosexual telling my kids how wonderful it is to be "married" to another sodomite. Don't give lip service. Give equality.

Homosexuals don't want equality. They want to dominate.

And, if sodomy can't be taught and learned, what does the "gay" expression, "turning someone out," mean?

GOTCHA!
Frankly, my personal belief is that human sexuality probably follows a normal curve. Some of us are born gay or straight and cannot be 'taught' to go from one side to the other. Many are in the middle and, like men in prison, can become gay if that is the only thing available, but on the outside are straight. There are many gays who were 'cured' by some church psychologist, got married, had kids, and then rediscovered again that they are gay. Best just to accept people for what they are to find their own way through life.

God also made some animals gay, and some who are only gay sometimes.
To me, this should not be an important issue. I don't care if a person prefers ice cream to sherbet. It does not affect me one iota. It has only become important because the law does not treat gays equally and it should.

The gay people I know just want equality. I don't think you associate with many, so maybe you get your information by reading minds.

Your sexual issue with gays, as you have stated, is based on your interpretation of your religion. Schools should not be teaching the religious viewpoint, particularly of any one religion, but stick to the facts. The facts are there are many other animals that are gay, some for all of their lives, some for a part. They are totally accepted by the rest of the community, and even rear the young at times.

If the existence of God were a proven fact we would have prayer in schools. The thing is, although I believe in a spiritual realm there is no way in which I could prove it to you, so I do not expect that you should believe what I do. If you say you DO believe, how would we know if we are both agreeing on what this thing called God is?
There is no way that we could settle on a prayer that would please everyone.

But gay-ism is a part of nature. It exists in animals. It exists in people. It is not something, like religion, that you can join or not join or select another one. It does not require the belief in an imaginary friend.
It is like race. It just is. And, also unlike some religions, it harms no one.

It is merely another factual part of life and I see nothing wrong with acknowledging that part of nature's expression in schools.

When you consider, it is really a horrible thing when in certain circles something this insignificant and small is used to single out an entire segment of society as somehow less worthy. It's as though some of us just have a lot of pent up anger and need something to vent it on. Blacks, gays, anyone - just to be able to transfer our anger at ourselves to someone else. It is easier to beat up on some small group 'out there' than take a good look inside and find out where all those nasty feelings are coming from.
Think of it, if somehow you could rid all the gays from the world, and did that, would you really feel better inside, or after a short joyous period would you be hunting around for another group to pick on?

Last edited by goldengrain; 12-07-2008 at 08:50 AM..

Old 12-07-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

....The same with gays. They are a repressed minority. The evidence is that they are born that way.
Your kids will not learn to become gay because you did not have to learn to become straight.
It is just the way you, and they, are.
So you have nothing to fear....
There is nothing to fear.
There is no evidence that homosexuals are "born that way" though I think it true that every human being has tendencies and attractions towards certain things more than certain other things.

But we all have the freedom to choose how we BEHAVE, even to choose our sexual behavior. As far as I am concerned a person is not a homosexual unless they actually engage in physical sexual relations with someone of the same gender.

I think it is a very dangerous trend for homosexual behavior to be taught or promoted in our public schools.

I consider the traditional family: father (male), mother (female), sons, and daughters, to be the basic unit of society. The traditional family has worked to replenish the earth and teach the children for millenia.

----
A stone-age burial in central Germany has yielded the earliest evidence of people living together as a family.

The 4,600-year-old grave contained the remains of a man, woman and two youngsters, and DNA analysis shows they were a mother, father and their children.

"Their unity in death suggests unity in life," researchers said in Tuesday's edition of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

While tools and remains from the stone age have long been studied, there are few clues to the social relationships between people.

"By establishing the genetic links between the two adults and two children buried together in one grave, we have established the presence of the classic nuclear family in a prehistoric context in Central Europe — to our knowledge the oldest authentic molecular genetic evidence so far," lead author Wolfgang Haak of the University of Adelaide, Australia, said in a statement.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,453626,00.html

Old 12-07-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:

Think of it, if somehow you could rid all the gays from the world, and did that, would you really feel better inside, or after a short joyous period would you be hunting around for another group to pick on?
I think you flatter yourself. I think about 96% of Americans very seldom if ever even think about people who do sex differently!

(Though admittedly the media is on a bandwagon with this thing right now and it's in normal people's faces almost daily. Otherwise, the way consenting adults do sex in the privacy of their own home is probably of little or no concern to most Americans.)

With the exception of rape, sexual behavior is a choice, regardless of how some animals may behave.

That's how I see it, I do not hate or love homosexuals anymore than I hate or love males and females who prefer different sexual positions than I am accustomed to, it just doesn't factor in to those emotions.

Why all the fuss?

Old 12-07-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR1dotOrg View Post
There is no evidence that homosexuals are "born that way" though I think it true that every human being has tendencies and attractions towards certain things more than certain other things.

But we all have the freedom to choose how we BEHAVE, even to choose our sexual behavior. As far as I am concerned a person is not a homosexual unless they actually engage in physical sexual relations with someone of the same gender.

I think it is a very dangerous trend for homosexual behavior to be taught or promoted in our public schools.

I consider the traditional family: father (male), mother (female), sons, and daughters, to be the basic unit of society. The traditional family has worked to replenish the earth and teach the children for millenia.

----
A stone-age burial in central Germany has yielded the earliest evidence of people living together as a family.

The 4,600-year-old grave contained the remains of a man, woman and two youngsters, and DNA analysis shows they were a mother, father and their children.

"Their unity in death suggests unity in life," researchers said in Tuesday's edition of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

While tools and remains from the stone age have long been studied, there are few clues to the social relationships between people.

"By establishing the genetic links between the two adults and two children buried together in one grave, we have established the presence of the classic nuclear family in a prehistoric context in Central Europe — to our knowledge the oldest authentic molecular genetic evidence so far," lead author Wolfgang Haak of the University of Adelaide, Australia, said in a statement.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,453626,00.html
Goodness, who is attacking the nuclear family? Not I.
A normal curve is where there is a huge number of people who are heterosexual.
If we had a small population and wanted to repopulate the world perhaps I could see a usefulness in keeping the gay population down to a minimum. It would not be fair, but would be serving society as a whole.
But if the world today were to shun chemicals in our food supply and raise everything organically we could not support the current population.
There are an awful lot of us now.

Nobody is trying to change the world into gays.
Nobody could.
Gays are a small number in our population.
Fewer than blacks.
And far easier to ridicule and pick on, it would seem.
No wonder they get upset.
If the rest of the animal world has gays, it is logical that nature has also given them to us.

With the prejudice they face, it is strange to think that in this day and age people actually believe they decide to be gay. Just as we never made the choice to be hetero, in their early lives, when I was awakening to the opposite sex, they were thinking of their own. Most, when they find out that they are going to be social pariahs, would rather be straight, if they could.
I know a guy who went to 9 psychologists to be 'cured' so his father would finally love and accept him.

It's pathetic, to me, how these people are treated, made to feel inferior for something that is no fault of their own.

I think the world's population is in no way threatened by homosexuals.
If gays had totally equal rights tomorrow, would you 'become' gay?
Would you love your spouse or children less?
I doubt it would change anything in our lives.

All it would do would be to stop persecuting a small minority because they are different in a small way.
Believe me, your kids will not be gay if they are looked upon as equal.
I was reared in a household that did not discuss any of these topics. I was not attracted to members of my own sex.
During a very early job of mine I found out my boss was gay. A girl asked me if he were seeing anyone. I said, yup, but he's a guy. I told my boss and he had to give me a lecture on how I should keep my mouth shut. I had never known how they were discriminated against until then.
I told the girl I was only kidding, because girls were after me all the time to introduce them to him and I was sick of it.
Ok, I lived a sheltered life.

The thing is, it was really shocking to find out that this really nice and intelligent and fair-minded level-headed guy might not get a promotion if people knew he had boy, rather than, girl friends.

That family that you mentionthat was dug up - good for them.
It is nice to hear of families sticking together, supporting one another.
Nobody is arguing against the family.
Family is the basic building block of society.
Some are good, some are very dysfunctional, but that's another story.

Kids are not 'taught' to be homosexual, just that they should not be rejected by society if they march to a different drummer.

You seem to believe that if homosexuals were to be treated equally there would be a mad rush of people to try it out.
I disagree.
I wouldn't.
I think we are hard wired to be what we are.
I have not thought for one moment that folks would stop marrying and having children and trying to live good, moral, lives if gays were given equal rights.
Apart from some people's views on gays, many of them also live good, moral lives by anyone's standards.
They have just as varied opinions on right and wrong, religion, politics, child rearing, UFO's, holistic food, trimming shrubs, Muslim terrorists, as do the rest of us.
They have moms and dads, serve in the military, go home for the holidays, have all sorts of cars, catch colds, attend church services.
The only difference is that they were born liking people of the same sex the way we were born with attraction to the opposite sex.

I think, viewing the totality of a person, this is a very small thing - my life is not defined by my sexual experience. I would not like that to be the case, and I am sure gays don't like to have their entire worthiness to walk the planet being summed up in that one word, as some people do.

It is snowing here and I am going to stop and read a book by the window and enjoy the view.
Have a nice day.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR1dotOrg View Post
I think you flatter yourself. I think about 96% of Americans very seldom if ever even think about people who do sex differently!

(Though admittedly the media is on a bandwagon with this thing right now and it's in normal people's faces almost daily. Otherwise, the way consenting adults do sex in the privacy of their own home is probably of little or no concern to most Americans.)

With the exception of rape, sexual behavior is a choice, regardless of how some animals may behave.

That's how I see it, I do not hate or love homosexuals anymore than I hate or love males and females who prefer different sexual positions than I am accustomed to, it just doesn't factor in to those emotions.

Why all the fuss?
Just for equality under the law. That's all.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Goodness, who is attacking the nuclear family? Not I.
A normal curve is where there is a huge number of people who are heterosexual.
Yes, I think homosexuals are on average as normal as everyone else in the population except that they choose to have sexual relations with people of the same gender. And, like everyone else they get to do sex the way they want to do it as consenting adults in private places.

So why all the fuss?

Old 12-07-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:

....It's pathetic, to me, how these people are treated, made to feel inferior for something that is no fault of their own.

....All it would do would be to stop persecuting a small minority because they are different in a small way.
If you feel "inferior" because of your choice of sexual behavior, it is your choice to feel that way. Apparently sodomy is no longer illegal in most states. American society is not "persecuting" people for how they behave sexually with other consenting adults in private places.

Why all the fuss?

Old 12-07-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Just for equality under the law. That's all.
I'm not an attorney but apparently "civil unions" (especially in California) provide that equality for everyone. Nobody is forcing consenting adults to live apart or to not have sexual relations with each other in private, regardless of the genders involved.

Do you yourself WANT to be married to someone of the same gender?

Old 12-07-2008, 10:52 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times
OK, you guys aren't even talking about the OP anymore. Why can't we all, gay and str8, actually have a civilized conversation with each other. Despite our differences we all really do have a lot in common.

If you are anti-gay, the best thing you can do is let it go. You act as if you are tired of seeing and hearing about gay people all the time yet you continually start threads and post on threads about gay people.

If you are pro gay, the same goes for you. The constant persecution and harrassment would for the most part cease if you would also just start living your own lives and stop trying to force everyone to agree with you or your lifestyle choice. Acceptance is not a right given to you in our Constitution. Freedom is. So live free, do as you please, and don't worry about everyone else.

We can all live free and in relative peace if we will all come to understand that we are different and we will never all agree with each other or accept one another's way of life. I am closing this thread now, because it has gone far off of the original subject matter. If I have offended you with these words of truth, please feel free to DM me to discuss this further. And please understand, I am speaking from my heart. These constant feuding threads about homosexuality are only hurting and pushing us apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies