Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:06 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,076,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
That is completely untrue. And who are you to decide who others are?
You don't have to agree, but it's my personal belief. Bisexual people are usually always more attracted to the same sex, and whenever someone calls them out as a homosexual, they always respond,"No, I'm actually bisexual" as if that makes it any better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 10:07 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,015,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
About their sexuality or about their desire to marry and live their lives?
Particularly their sexuality.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:12 AM

That is the exact statement that usually fuels the whole "oh your a homphobe" mess, and I just don't understand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I don't agree with the "Homosexual lifestyle", but I don't hate people who are.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
That is the exact statement that usually fuels the whole "oh your a homphobe" mess, and I just don't understand it.
Why should I have to agree with it???

Old 11-14-2008, 10:15 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,335,082 times
Quote:
I don't believe a person can be bisexual. Your either a homosexual or a heterosexual. I feel people just use the whole "I'm bisexual" thing because they think it's more safe than being a full out homosexual.

I don't agree with the "Homosexual lifestyle", but I don't hate people who are. I just personally don't care about it. It is however very annoying and disgusting when homosexuals try to hit on you as if they expect you to be gay. This I feel is what causes people to become homophobics.
First of all, there is no "homosexual lifestyle" - it's just WHO a person is. It's not something someone just chooses to do - who the hell would choose it, when it's easier to be straight? Like you wake up one day, and say, "gee, just for kicks, I think I'll be gay now". There's no logic in that. Why do you call it a "lifestyle"? A lifestyle is something you choose to do because you like living a certain way, perhaps - living in a certain area, having a certain type of job, having children or not, etc. Do you choose the "heterosexual lifestyle" if you're straight? I don't think so.

I'm bisexual myself - have had relationships with both men and women. I guess it depends on how you define "bisexual". Guess I'm living the "bisexual lifestyle", whatever that is.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
First of all, there is no "homosexual lifestyle" - it's just WHO a person is. It's not something someone just chooses to do - who the hell would choose it, when it's easier to be straight? Like you wake up one day, and say, "gee, just for kicks, I think I'll be gay now". There's no logic in that. Why do you call it a "lifestyle"? A lifestyle is something you choose to do because you like living a certain way, perhaps - living in a certain area, having a certain type of job, having children or not, etc. Do you choose the "heterosexual lifestyle" if you're straight? I don't think so.

I'm bisexual myself - have had relationships with both men and women. I guess it depends on how you define "bisexual". Guess I'm living the "bisexual lifestyle", whatever that is.
When did I say you decide to be a homosexual??? Stop trying to look so deep into my statement and just take it for what it is. I don't hate homosexuals; just don't really care about what they do in their lifes.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:19 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,802,001 times
Man acting as a woman is just morally unacceptable. It's disgusting. It's an insult to God. End of story.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:21 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,747,394 times
I hate the use of the word "them" as if homosexuals are just SOOOO different from everyone else.

In any case, I recognize that people can "disagree" or find something wrong with my being a lesbian but I don't think they automatically hate me.

I don't see homosexuality as a lifestyle but whatever.
You're entitled to your opinion.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
I hate the use of the word "them" as if homosexuals are just SOOOO different from everyone else.
I apologize if my use of the word "them" is insulting....my only intent was to show differences regarding whom I was speaking of. I know that no matter what, homosexuals are people and just as human as anyone else!

Quote:
In any case, I recognize that people can "disagree" or find something wrong with my being a lesbian but I don't think they automatically hate me.
It's good to know that!

Quote:
I don't see homosexuality as a lifestyle but whatever.
You're entitled to your opinion.
as you are yours! Take care.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:33 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,335,082 times
Quote:
When did I say you decide to be a homosexual??? Stop trying to look so deep into my statement and just take it for what it is. I don't hate homosexuals; just don't really care about what they do in their lifes.
You said it was a "lifestyle" - that's something one chooses to do. Being straight, gay, or in-between is just who someone IS.

Sorry, I misinterpreted. Maybe you have a different definition of "lifestyle".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies