Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 09:30 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I think the truth is more than you wish to bear.
You know, I find it interesting that those who would use (distort) the Scripture to fit their ideological argument for homosexuality are often the same ones who would tell you that religion shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Not sure they can have it both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 06:53 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
this makes black churches look violent. how christian of you.
That's funny that you should interpret such mild words as violent while defending the "kill Obama" speech as simply free speech. In fact, I believe in making your point, you said words couldn't be violent so why have you applied the definition to this MrSykes post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I would hate to misquote you, so let me again take your exact quote.

ok, first of all, there is no such thing as hate speech. there is only free speech, and the constitution protects that right. you also said that they should be thrown out of the US. you have to round up the people and throw them out first. where are you planning on throwing them by the way? you can't just deport americans to other countries. I simply offered the only logical plan for your suggestion. lock them up in camps. that way they can't spread their "hate speech." I like how you attempt to make it seem like I advocate violence. I think violent criminals should be hung. however, words aren't violence. the second a violent act infringes on the rights of another, that person should be prosecuted.

p.s. no one is an atheist in a bunker.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:21 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,679 times
^Jmarquise basically likes to stir the pot - I don't even think he believes half the nonsense he posts.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 01-18-2009, 10:11 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,532 times
Al Sharpton Bashes Black Churches for Homophobia (http://lezgetreal.com/2009/01/al-sharpton-bashes-black-churches-for.html - broken link)

Didn't want to start a new thread but found this article very interesting. Sharpton is calling out all churches but also touches upon his disapproval of black churches' behaviors as well. Sharpton's words are a shining example of a Christianity based in peace and love for our fellow man. His remarks remind us that there are good caring Christians out there because often we see many hate-mongering so-called Christians that sometimes seem higher in numbers because they love to constantly spew their hate in large volumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies