Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 08:10 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times

Advertisements

There are no pregnant men, period. Hormones and body modification do not change who you are.

Look at this guy. He thinks he IS a tiger, born into a mans body but he IS a tiger, and he sure is trying to look like one. Anyone convinced? Does anyone really think wanting to be a man and cutting off your breasts will work any more than body modification, tattoos, nylon whiskers and eating raw meat will make you a tiger? Would any of you take seriously the headline: 'Tiger fathers human baby!' Of course not, you would consider it ridiculous tabloid new as should be the case for 'Pregnant Man'.

Last edited by NCyank; 11-17-2008 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 08:14 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,349,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I guess the difference is (and I have to check this) is that the state of Oregon has legally considered him a man, so his marriage to his wife would be considered a heterosexual marriage and thus be legal by the Feds. He can move to any state he wants to, and can file his federal return as MFJ, unlike the MA or CT married same-gender couples who have to file separately (either single or HH) on their 1040.
Oh, I've got it. The Mass married gay couples file married on the state tax, single on the fed tax, and this particular couple files married on all forms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I believe some people oppose what he did because there is not enough data to support that his taking of testosterone prior to the pregnancy will not affect the children that he bears later on in life. Barring any moral opinions on overstepping the lines or doing what he wants with his body, some are of the opinion that he could possibly be endangering the health of his offspring(s).
They could be right. If only we could prevent crack addicted women from having kids, since they are definitely endangering their offspring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyinLa View Post
He's making a mockery of those who identify as transgendered, he forces the realization that a woman who cuts off her breasts and grows a mustache, is and always will be a woman.
This has got me interested in what exactly a transgender person is, what qualifies someone as a man or woman, etc....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
There is no such thing as a pregnant man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Personally, I find this a tad disturbing. This person is not a man. Men do not give birth. This is playing around with the laws of nature. Nature does not make mistakes. We are born the way we are because thats the natural order of things. To surgically alter oneself into a different gender and keep the biological functions of the original template. Methinks that modern medicine has gone over the edge here.
I definitely would have thought that before a woman would be considered a man she would no longer be able to have children. I realize that for people undergoing sex changes, it is a process and at some point, the person is kind of going to be half and half, to some extent, for lack of better way to express it, but really, if a woman is going to become a man, and she hasn't got all the surgeries done yet, the tubes should be tied before she can be considered a man, or a hysterectomy or something.

Men do not have children. It's getting a little out of control here. You cannot have it all. "I want to be a man, but I also want to have kids, etc...."

I don't know, to me this is over the line. Just because "he" could, doesn't mean "he" should.

I just don't see how "he" is actually considered a man. "he" seems more like a female cross dresser at this point.

Men don't have babies!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
His gender is male, his sex is female. Not that hard of a concept to grasp.
sex:
1: either of the two major forms of individuals that occur in many species and that are distinguished respectively as female or male especially on the basis of their reproductive organs and structures
b: the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex .hlcomplexityorange { color:#CC6600; } a.hlcomplexityorange { text-decoration:none; } a.hlcomplexityorange:hover { text-decoration:underline; } Physician-reviewed articles on gender on Healthline.

Obviously something is hard to grasp here. If I were a man, and a pregnant man came into the restroom, sorry but I'd be like WTF!

And if I was a woman, and an obviously pregnant person came into the bathroom that looked like a man, I'd be like, "She looks like a man, but she's got to be a woman to be pregnant".

We all have our freedoms, and I am pretty laid back type of person, but a line has been crossed here.

Oregon has to be looking at their law at this point. This person should not be defined as male.

Something is just wrong with this.

I am all for some kids having a mommy & daddy, a mommy & mommy, or a daddy & daddy.

But a kid with a mommy & daddy and the daddy is the mommy? That is f'd up.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:32 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
I don't really understand this brotch. first it says it just wants to be left alone, but then it goes on oprah and barbara walters. why not do what you do in private and stop putting yourself on the chopping block? it's just asking for trouble. want to be left alone, don't constantly appear on national television. it's that simple.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:34 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
Would you wanna live next door to it?!!
That wouldn't bother me.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
They are dragging down society in general. America does not need to accept deviant behaviors as normal.
We should hurry up and fix all those left-handed people, then. Did you know that President-Elect Obama is left-handed? You let one of 'em get into an executive position!

Old 11-17-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Look at this guy. He thinks he IS a tiger, born into a mans body but he IS a tiger, and he sure is trying to look like one.
So we're going to compare sex change to species change? Give me a break.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:43 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
they actually did an entire south park on it. there is no such thing as a sex change. do you honestly think that a brotch would be accepted as "one of the guys?" give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post

Old 11-17-2008, 08:45 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
"So we're going to compare sex change........."

But in this case there has been NO sex change.
Just mutilation and desire and an amount of extra progesterone that may or may not equal what other women have naturally or may take for other purposes.
She is still a she.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:48 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
How is that a bad comparison? Beatie is biologically a female. Nothing will ever change that, just like the "tiger" man will always be human.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:58 AM

524 posts, read 942,183 times
Default Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Give it a few years. That kid is going to be so confused about sexuality...
I'm confused right now... If she wanted to be a man, why did she have sex with a man? Lesbians who feel that they should have been men... like other women. Did she want to be a gay man?

My head hurts! So if she became a 'gay man" so that she could have sex with... gay guys... How ugly was this girl that she had to change sexes in order to get laid?

I used to joke that I was a lesbian in a man's body... but as of now, I will never say that again because there is probably a group out there that could sue me for impersonation or false representation.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies