Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:10 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,107 times

Advertisements

Instead of focusing too much on bashing gays, we should really be concerned with how we can help them help themselves by seeking counseling and other services to help rid them of their abnormalities in the brain. These beings have chosen a lifestyle that is disgusting, filthy, sinful, and only can lead to eternal damnation, and as Christians (well, most of us here are Christians), it should be up to us to help these people find help. They need it. Stop the hate, and direct to the cure centers.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:13 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Instead of focusing too much on bashing gays, we should really be concerned with how we can help them help themselves by seeking counseling and other services to help rid them of their abnormalities in the brain. These beings have chosen a lifestyle that is disgusting, filthy, sinful, and only can lead to eternal damnation, and as Christians (well, most of us here are Christians), it should be up to us to help these people find help. They need it. Stop the hate, and direct to the cure centers.
What we as Christians desperately need to do is PRAY. Only God can change the hearts and mind of men.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:14 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
What we as Christians desperately need to do is PRAY. Only God can change the hearts and mind of men.
However, God gives man freewill, and unless these people go out and seek help for themselves, I doubt praying alone will do a whole lot.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 02-16-2009 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: inappropriate language

Old 11-15-2008, 11:22 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
However, God gives man freewill, and unless these people go out and seek help for themselves, I doubt praying alone will do a whole lot.
Yes, we have free will but I seriously doubt that we became Christians purely because we freely wanted to be saved. Someone prayed for me to receive salvation and in turn, we are called to pray for those who are loss so that they can turn from their sins and seek out Jesus' free gift of salvation.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 02-16-2009 at 02:33 PM..

Old 11-15-2008, 11:28 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,063 times
I cannot speak for all gay people...but I can say that I do not want your prayers, nor do none of my friends, or all the other gay people that I have known in my life.

Save your prayers for something constructive...finding a cure for disease, pray for those that are hungry, the homeless, pray for world peace...pray for any of the hundreds of challenging issues the world faces...

Old 11-15-2008, 11:33 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,129 times
Quote:
This is a "wind up"...yes?
If this thread is real then i think the help should be given to anyone who agrees with the sentiments of the OP.
Homosexuality is NOT an illness or an abnormality of the brain. Every animal on the Earth has homosexual tendencies and Humans are no different. Humans are born either Heterosexual or Homosexual. It ISN'T a choice. Homosexuals are no different to Heterosexuals except in their sexual preferences. They should have exactly the same rights as Heterosexuals and to use a man made book ( the Bible ) as a template for human sexuality is at the least naive and at the worst, just plain Dumb.
If the Bible is to be believed and Humanity started with just Adam and eve and then their offsprings, why is Incest illegal?
The only counciling needed today is for people who think that Homosexuality is some kind of illness or curse.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:36 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,088 times
I think we need to get rid of the abnormality of christian nutjob-ism.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:41 AM

You have hit the nail on the head here, person.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:44 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,716,443 times
Quote:
I agree, there is a cure to every disorder/disease... its just a matter of when it is found.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:50 AM

Kereczr.... you are right. Amazing how Sodomy is a sin for Homosexuals but a fun pastime for Heterosexuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies