Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:14 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
For the sake of argument, I'll say this; I'm curious then, are they ill somehow? A birth defect? A mental illness? I don't know, I'm asking. So, if they're ill--which I doubt they'd own up to if they were--wouldn't it be worth going for help as one would if they had cancer or some mental illness? Because, clearly, God didn't intend for this unnatural act to take place between men. If it's disease spreading to accidentally get traces of human excrement on your hands, just imagine how much more disease spreading it is to do unnatural acts like this. Why can't we address that without being accused of hating?

That being said, while I have participated in an occasional discussion about homosexuality--even with my gay friends, I do not shun or condemn gays and love them as much as I do my other, just as sinful-but-in-different-ways friends--and they love me, despite my own sins.
I think gay is just gay. I don't want to scientifically dissect heteros either. They just are.

If you're not hateful it's self-evident. You don't appear to be anywhere near hateful or anything like it. I am very careful about tossing "hate" around, myself.

Also, I don't think that anal sex has to be or necessarily is as dirty as many people envision. There are precautions that can be taken, and I am not talking about just condoms.

Thanks for the thoughtful response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 11:18 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Better yet, I think people should be allowed to believe whatever they want, without someone else's views being shoved down their throats
Excellent plan. So this means you support gays being left alone to enjoy their lives without having control freaks shoving their views down their throats?

Old 11-15-2008, 11:26 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,559,676 times
Quote:
For the sake of argument, I'll say this; I'm curious then, are they ill somehow? A birth defect? A mental illness? I don't know, I'm asking. So, if they're ill--which I doubt they'd own up to if they were--wouldn't it be worth going for help as one would if they had cancer or some mental illness? Because, clearly, God didn't intend for this unnatural act to take place between men. If it's disease spreading to accidentally get traces of human excrement on your hands, just imagine how much more disease spreading it is to do unnatural acts like this. Why can't we address that without being accused of hating?

That being said, while I have participated in an occasional discussion about homosexuality--even with my gay friends, I do not shun or condemn gays and love them as much as I do my other, just as sinful-but-in-different-ways friends--and they love me, despite my own sins.
The first part of your argument clearly applies to the nutjobs, yet I don't them getting the help they need. Instead we let them run around with their disorder and interfer with ppl's lives.
"For the sake of argument, I'll say this; I'm curious then, are they ill somehow? A birth defect? A mental illness? I don't know, I'm asking. So, if they're ill--which I doubt they'd own up to if they were--wouldn't it be worth going for help as one would if they had cancer or some mental illness?"

Also, in your first argument, "clearly, God didn't intend for this unnatural act to take place between men." That is bullsh*hit, the great FSM allows homosexuality.

Your second argument clearly applies to oral sex, which is unnatural too, and will spread a lot of disease, but lots of heterosexuals do it, and I would be damned if someone tries to claim that one is wrong.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Because, clearly, God didn't intend for this unnatural act to take place between men. If it's disease spreading to accidentally get traces of human excrement on your hands, just imagine how much more disease spreading it is to do unnatural acts like this. Why can't we address that without being accused of hating?
Here's the thing public-- you don't know what god intended by bringing gays into existence. So why did god bring them here? To be persecuted by heterosexuals? I doubt that. Heteros don't seem to understand gays much, but the cave man shooting down what we don't understand... it's wrong.

Diseases are spread regularly in heterosexual relationships. Cervical cancer in women is brought upon them by... men. STD Facts - Human papillomavirus (HPV) HPV isn't spontaneous. Shall we abolish hetero sex? Dumb idea, right? What you consider an unnatural act is often requested by men of women. Whatever consenting adults decide for themselves, I truly want to stay out of it. Not my business, not my choice, not my life or body to meddle. Out of someones butt was my attempt at humor, but I was serious.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post

Your second argument clearly applies to oral sex, which is unnatural too, and will spread a lot of disease, but lots of heterosexuals do it, and I would be damned if someone tries to claim that one is wrong.
I don't think mormons are likely to donate millions to create legislation against BJ's. Can you imagine the uproar?

Once heard a jewish girls say it wasn't kosher though. hahahhaaa

Old 11-16-2008, 12:05 AM

998 posts, read 1,513,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I don't think mormons are likely to donate millions to create legislation against BJ's. Can you imagine the uproar?

Once heard a jewish girls say it wasn't kosher though. hahahhaaa
Oh the jokes I have heard about the Jewish girls and that!

Old 11-16-2008, 12:14 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Instead of focusing too much on bashing nutjobs, we should really be concerned with how we can help them help themselves by seeking counseling and other services to help rid them of their abnormalities in the brain. These beings have chosen a control freakish lifestyle that is disgusting, bigoted, and only can lead to eternal OCD behavior, and as regular folks (well, most of us here are moderate), it should be up to us to help these people find help. They need it. Stop the hate, and direct to the cure centers.

Currently there is no cure, sorry.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:02 AM

917 posts, read 2,298,630 times
Mormans who are married are supposed to wear special pjs to bed that have holes in certain places that allow for them to have sex. That's how opressed THEY are. it's considered a "sin" to see their spouse naked. Now as to what to do about the nut-job control freaks? I think we could just totally ignore them. Not respond to any of their posts. They might not go away but with no feedback they might get bored.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:50 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,448,045 times
I agree. I think republican rehab centers sound like a great idea.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:56 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,912 times
Quote:
Oh please! I hate to be crude but you can't compare being left handed to having sex in areas of the body that were meant for the elimination of human excrement.
If that's your rationale for opposing homosexuality, then you don't have one. That's a sexual practice heterosexuals engage in, also. And many homosexuals do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies