Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 03:45 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
I pray that you will seek the Lord's forgiveness, repent your sins, and change your non-believing ways to a life of God-loving Christianity.

He can guide you in the right direction. I am sorry that you have chosen the wrong path to the extent of insulting other people on a message board whom you do not even know personally. Accept Christ in your heart, read the scriptures, attend services in the house of worship, and you will be a better person.
Holy crap, now if this ain't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. I think your bible beating has smogged up your brain, might want to do something about that.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:48 PM

355 posts, read 447,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Holy crap, now if this ain't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. I think your bible beating has smogged up your brain, might want to do something about that.
In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, I pray for your life and attitude to change.

Amen.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:49 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, I pray for your life and attitude to change.

Amen.
LOL...."the power of christ compels you! the power of christ compels you! the power of christ compels you!" You remember "The Exorcist", right?

Old 04-20-2009, 03:50 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
I pray that you will seek the Lord's forgiveness, repent your sins, and change your non-believing ways to a life of God-loving Christianity.

He can guide you in the right direction. I am sorry that you have chosen the wrong path to the extent of insulting other people on a message board whom you do not even know personally. Accept Christ in your heart, read the scriptures, attend services in the house of worship, and you will be a better person.

In that same vein, I wish you to walk away from your fairy tales and start living a life that is full of reality and personal responsibility. I hope you stop using religion as a crutch, and at times a weapon to beat others into submission. I am also sorry that you have chosen the wrong path, a path full of self righteousness and judgement, when you could live a fulfilling life serving yourself and others around you.

RAmen.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:59 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Dude, do us all a favor & get over yourself. Your mother superior act is nauseating. By the way, what the hell is brimstone anyway?
Burning sulfur.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:04 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,712,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

RAmen.

Hahaha! Rep for that.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:10 PM

749 posts, read 947,038 times
This is not even up for debate. It is a sin in every religion, plain and simple. Go to the Middle East and try to copulate with the same sex.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:19 PM

416 posts, read 712,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGY View Post
Just to let everyone know here, I at one time identified as being gay. I no longer hold that belief. I do believe that homosexuality is a product of nurture and environment and I do believe that there is alot of choice when it comes to this issue.

I don't believe that gays were born that way.

I believe in traditional marriage and I will help in any way possible to keep it that way.
I understand if this is too uncomfortable, but could I ask when you decided you were gay, and what that felt like, and what happened to convince you that you weren't or didn't need to be?

Thanks much.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:46 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
This is not even up for debate. It is a sin in every religion, plain and simple. Go to the Middle East and try to copulate with the same sex.
It is up for debate because not everyone subscribes to hateful religion. There are religious groups that accept homosexuality whole heartedly, and of course there are the non-religious, many of who also accept and embrace it.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:51 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
Maybe in Judaism, and I'm not sure about Islamic traditions, and Catholics can claim the catechism, but Christianity that relies on the New Testament cannot conclusively claim that homosexuality is a sin.

Note: The only reason I separate Catholics from Christianity as a whole is the catechism. I am fully aware that Catholicism is just another brand of Jesus fanboyism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies