Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 02:07 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times

Advertisements

Hello job losses means people aren't driving. The extreme gas prices showed people they need to slow down. They were setup to be producing maximum amount of oil and when demand slowed so did their production rates. You will see an increase.

Paranoid much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 02:11 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
We are just now getting into the heating season some places have been for a while by in large the US will be using more fuel within the coming weeks. Layoffs and conservation and mild weather conditions have created the prices you see.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:19 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
let's see: bush magically caused the price of a barrel of oil to plummet from over $140 to below $56 to supposedly help the oil companies?

explain how that works.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:25 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
There's some great theories here. Rather goofy theories, but entertaining.

Any talk of cartels, supply, demand, commodities, etc. gets very boring, I have to admit.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:26 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
We are just now getting into the heating season some places have been for a while by in large the US will be using more fuel within the coming weeks. Layoffs and conservation and mild weather conditions have created the prices you see.
Don't worry---Venezuela will probably give poor Northeasterners free heating oil again this winter. Some countries still have a hunanitarian streak alive in them. Of course, those people will have to pay the American retailers to deliver the oil and charge their own profit for the service, but the oil will be free, a gift from the people of Venezuela.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:37 PM

4 posts, read 8,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Bush and Cheney are sick enough, where if they could, they would.
I honestly think, more realistically, Bush will attack Iran on 1/19/2009.
Or give Israel the go-ahead to.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:46 PM

4 posts, read 8,972 times
Actually, the argument was the inverse of that. The questioner wondered why the two-headed Bush-Cheney Dragon wasn't finding a way to keep the prices high on their way out the door? I think that gives far too much economic credit to these incompetant boobs. They have shown an ability to blow things up, however. It is this propensity that worries me.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:00 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,270 times
1. demand for oil (fuels) has dropped. why? because nearly everyone who was a liberal, is now conserving, because they almost can't afford to drive those big gas guzzlers anymore, but, with the drop in price on fuels, demand will go up again, and so will the price. opec, demand, and speculators control oil prices, not any administration. if someone thinks it's a conspiracy, it's merely coincidental.
2. please stop sticking pins in your sarah palin voodoo doll, we want her to fade quietly into the sunset so she can further her education and speaking skills.
3. dubya is not the "godfather" of this country, so, he and his administration can't set anything or anyone up, they're too incompetent to do that, the only thing they're capable of doing is throwing in the 'monkey wrench'.
4. the last time I'd heard of a conspiracy theory this good was when one of my acquaintances (now de-friended) said that the attacks of september 11, 2001 were done by this great force, that actually imploded the twin towers, the pentagon, and dropped a bomb in pennsylvania.

Quote:
I know I may take flack from GOPers on this, but based on the attacks I'm seeing on Obama's presidency already, big time, by the right, this makes me wonder.
It does not make sense for gas prices to be this low right before the Dumbya leaves office. I thought it would be his last chance to help Exxon, BP and his dear friends, the royal Saudi family, before he left. Just like the big time price gouging this spring, gas being 4.25 to 4.50 in many places. While the economy is big time hurting overall, the oil companies are still doing really well.
Does anyone besides me, think that, Obama is being set up? That the price will stay not much more than it is now, but shortly after he takes office, Bush, Cheney will use their oil connections, to drive the price to 5.00 a gallon? That could squash any good feelings about Obama and the Dems down the sewer. I honestly can see this, since, well, in the mid Term elections, gas was under 2.00 a gallon, set that way to try to influence votes for the GOP. Not even 4 months later, it was easily over 3.00 a gallon.
Does it make sense, especially after gas being 4.25 to 4.50 in 1/2 the country, for gas prices to fall almost 50% now?
Again, I feel, it's being done to harm Obama's administration. If gas goes to 5.00 a gallon in 2011, that's one thing, but I hope I'm wrong, but funny business will make gas go to 5.00 a gallon by March.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:05 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Bush and Cheney are sick enough, where if they could, they would.
I honestly think, more realistically, Bush will attack Iran on 1/19/2009.
I think a lot depends on how Bush wants future generations to think about him.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:07 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Don't worry---Venezuela will probably give poor Northeasterners free heating oil again this winter. Some countries still have a hunanitarian streak alive in them.
I would rather freeze than except oil from a communist dictator.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies