Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 11:25 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>yammer yammer yammer blah blah blah..the majority support of Americans....Not one. <

Union Secret vote
75% Americans that support private ballot elections over EFCA rules.
– Opinion Research Corporation, 2006

Public Financing
"A USA TODAY/Gallup Poll taken Tuesday [October 28, 2008] finds wide support for public financing of presidential campaigns, including a third who say the current voluntary system should be mandatory."

Drilling
67% Support Offshore Drilling. Rasmussen. June 17, 2008

English
August 2007 survey of 1,000 registered voters by the Winston Group, an opinion research company, found an astonishing 87 percent favored making English the official language of the United States.

Last I checked 4 is greater than one. Had enough or ya thirsty for more? I win.

Never post absolutes. Had you simply many. Shooting you down would have been harder.

Have a day.

Here's a current Rasmussen poll. They predicted the McCain/Obama outcome perfectly.

Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/scoreboards/by_the_numbers2/by_the_numbers - broken link)

How can Obama rate higher Energy Policy and the Immigration issue if Americans care so much about Offshore drilling and English Only...???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 11:53 AM

524 posts, read 942,254 times
Default Haters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I can hardly wait until Jindal runs for prsident. For the Republicans. And he's a Pakitani, with ties to Osama Bin Laden. And we can't understand him because he looks like those awful ignoramuses at the call centers. And where is his real birth certificate, I bet he was born in India.
The only hatemongers on this site are the leftists!

Piyush "Bobby" Jindal is Indian and not Pakistani (India & Pakistan have been enemies since 1947) He is the son of immigrants looking for a better life. Jindal over-came all of the racial boundaries of Louisiana, defeated 11 opponents to become the first (non-white) Indian-American governor at 36.

I like his politics! He is very intelligent and well spoken! After electing Obama you have no room to talk, when talking about terrorist ties! Obama's politics are too radical for most Democrats... it's just that most Democrats do not really know what he is planning. Look at his actual voting record and watch his video clips about what he says he is going to do... IN HIS OWN WORDS!

He was so Liberal that his numbers started to go down... so he made some more centrist and more Moderate campaign adds. There are people all around that think they will not have to pay their rent anymore, or have any bills, or feel that they can do anything now that their Messiah Obama is here to save them... are they in for a rude awakening!

Old 11-17-2008, 12:28 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,199,177 times
Believe me, if the economy does not start to kick a$$ by the summer of 2011, Obama will not want to face Jindal in the following year's election.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:39 PM

524 posts, read 942,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Believe me, if the economy does not start to kick a$$ by the summer of 2011, Obama will not want to face Jindal in the following year's election.
That is not true... if the economy goes up he will take full credit for it... if it goes down or does nothing he will blame Bush for everything.

Now that Obama has won this battle... he feels like he can win any war because he is the Messiah!

Old 11-17-2008, 01:51 PM

184 posts, read 359,591 times
Jindal is Anti-Israel

Old 11-17-2008, 02:57 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednemtheadventurer View Post
I'm already campaigning for Palin/Jindal for 2012!
Quite frankly, anyone who wants to see Sarah Palin as President and Commander-in-Chief is off of their rocker.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:09 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
From what I can see at this point, Jindal is a clear thinker, rational, makes good points, means what he says and says what he means. You know, integrity, rare quality today in politics. Maybe he will disappoint, who knows? But will certainly bet on him over what we are stuck with the next LONG four years.

You san say the same for Obama---but his campaign suffered from all of thse idiotic accusations from the conservative xenophobes.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:15 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednemtheadventurer View Post
The only hatemongers on this site are the leftists!
:
Leftists are not accusing Jindal of any of the xenophobic snarling, and did not accuse Obama of any of the xenophobic snarling. It was the conservatives who demanded birth ciertificates to prove that Obama was not a foreigner, and who continue to this day to falsely call him a Muslim, which they know to be untrue.

My point (missed by everybody who refuses to see anybody's point) is that the same people who accused Obama of being a Muslim and being a foreigner will certainly not accuse sweet little conservative Jindal of any of the same kinds of xenophobic smears.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:31 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Louisiana currently has the highest murder rate in the nation by far; we'll see if Jindal's leadership can bring it down.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:42 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Quite frankly, anyone who wants to see Sarah Palin as President and Commander-in-Chief is off of their rocker.
I am a conservative and I agree with this. It takes more than a hockey mom to be President of the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies