Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 07:38 AM

425 posts, read 665,323 times

Advertisements

Did anybody else see Jindal on Face the Nation? I thought it was a very good interview

Quote:
...Bobby Jindal of Louisiana said it is imperative his party offers solutions to voters, and not just be the opposition...

..."As Republicans, we need to do three things to get back on track..."

..."Number one, we have got to stop defending the kind of spending and out-of-control spending that we would never tolerate in the other side..."

..."Number two, we've got to stop defending the kinds of corruption we would rightfully criticize in the other party..."

..."Number three, we have got to be the party that offers real solutions to the problems that American voters, American families are worried about..."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/16/ftn/main4607907.shtml?source=RSSattr=Politics_4607907]Jindal: Something Is Wrong With The GOP, Face The Nation: Republicans Discuss The Future Of Their Party Following Election Losses - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 08:35 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Well you can tell Jindal doesnt have the answers either.

1. People are not that concerned about taxes and spending...Poll show this.

2. Corruption? Fair enough, the GOP could easily improve here and should

3. Jindal is anti-choice in all cases and supports teaching Intelligent Design in public schools. Americans are against this in both cases.

4 He claims to have performed an Exorcism....LOL

This is the GOP's big hope???

Try this GOP

1. Support the Rule of Law in All Cases. Even when your side is doing the law breaking.
2. Stop telling people what to do in their personal lives...Pushing public school prayer, anti-gay legislation, anti-abortion legislation.
3. Stop being dead beats. Your ideology runs up sky high deficits. If you're going to cry about taxes, balance the budget first, and say out front where you will cut spending.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:46 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2008 View Post
Did anybody else see Jindal on Face the Nation? I thought it was a very good interview

I also enjoy listening to him speak. He is a lone sane and rational voice, on either side. So will be looking for him to make a bigger showing in the years ahead. Hope he will not disappoint, as there are very few with any real leadership skills. We are stuck with One now from the far left and most likely will prove to NOT be what we need in a free America. (That is putting it kindly.)

Old 11-17-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I also enjoy listening to him speak. He is a lone sane and rational voice, on either side. So will be looking for him to make a bigger showing in the years ahead. Hope he will not disappoint, as there are very few with any real leadership skills. We are stuck with One now from the far left and most likely will prove to NOT be what we need in a free America. (That is putting it kindly.)

No that's putting it ignorantly. There is not one single issue that Obama supports that doesn't enjoy the majority support of Americans....Not one.

That's not far left....that's far left from your minority right wing view..It is you that stands outside and to the right of most Americans.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:08 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
>There is not one single issue that Obama supports that doesn't enjoy the majority support of Americans<

Obama supports non-secret unionization votes. I win.
Obama does not support campaign spending limits. I win again.
Inverse. Obama against drilling. Public supports it. Ditto
OK to provide government services in Spanish. Ditto

Im hoping he governs as he campainged rather than his history. He is super intelligent and I hope he governs for the center not the left.

Last edited by ottomobeale; 11-17-2008 at 09:19 AM..

Old 11-17-2008, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>There is not one single issue that Obama supports that doesn't enjoy the majority support of Americans<

Obama supports non-secret unionization votes. I win.
Obama does not support campaign spending limits. I win again.

Gimme a few Ill think of a few more
Oh you're an expert on union matters AND campaign finance???

Great...just post your credentials since you don't provide objective sources regarding your "wins"...LOL

Old 11-17-2008, 09:19 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,871 times
Obama supported the gun ban in DC and later opposed it. Just as he first opposed the border fence but then later voted for it.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Obama supported the gun ban in DC and later opposed it. Just as he first opposed the border fence but then later voted for it.
So what's your point?

Americans support gun regulation and making it harder for illegals to gain access into the Country. Obama agrees as well.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:30 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Americans support gun regulation...
Fortunately we don't live in a Democracy but in a Constitutional Republic. Therefore, the majority of Americans' opinions are irrelevant in the context of the bill of rights. God Bless America!

Old 11-17-2008, 09:30 AM

524 posts, read 941,966 times
Default Palin / Jindal 2012

I'm already campaigning for Palin/Jindal for 2012!
Attached Thumbnails
Jindal:  Something is Wrong With the GOP-110508pod1.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies