Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 11:04 PM

998 posts, read 1,514,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Then obviously his parents planned on Obama being a Muslim!
Yeah, and mine planned on me being a Lutheran pastor.

40-odd years later, I'm an agnostic, and have been since 1983.

So what? That doesn't make me "technically Christian".

Grow up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 11:34 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
fake. not even on the Zogby Poll website

but just to clear this up
the poll may be a fake. the chart you posted definitely is.

snopes.com: State I.Q. Voting Patterns

Old 11-17-2008, 11:53 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
that links debunking a 2004 chart.. doesnt matter if so anyways...
oh, so the 2004 chart is a laughable fake, but this new 2008 version is true?
lol!

i guess you didn't bother reading the last line of the snopes article

"expect to see this same joke again four years from now"

Quote:
I looked up ACT test and college tests scores myself, all lower in the red states.
link please. did you account for interstate movement of these test takers? explain exactly how college test scores of 17 year olds can be used to precisely interpolate the intelligence of an entire voting population.

Quote:
And red states take more of the tax money than the blue states do because they are poor with less jobs/lower paying ones.
what does that have to do with IQ? are you anxious to change the subject for some reason?

Old 11-18-2008, 12:22 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Anybody want to buy a maverick?

Old 11-18-2008, 02:33 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,024,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Sounds like you have no idea about that relationship. I was giving you an example so you could maybe grasp something. Sadly, it didn't work.
I doubt THAT ONE would get it..

W/c reminds me of my favorite Aussie expression:

"he has a kangaroo loose in the top paddock"

Old 11-18-2008, 07:45 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,125 times
Quote:
What makes you think Obama is not a Muslim? His father was a Muslim. Obama lived and went to school in Indonesia, which has the highest percentage of Muslims at 88%. Obama listed his religion as Muslim. Were you even aware of this about Obama, or are you just now learning of it?
He's not a muslim because he said he wasn't and has attended a Christian Church his entire life. This just shows how un-smart you are. Let me ask you a question. What makes you think that you're not an idiot?

Old 11-18-2008, 09:12 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,308,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
He's not a muslim because he said he wasn't and has attended a Christian Church his entire life. This just shows how un-smart you are. Let me ask you a question. What makes you think that you're not an idiot?
Yeah, I recall that Obama attended Reverend Wright's church for 20 years, but somehow didn't recall his [very] close friend's explosive racial and anti-American messages. Maybe that just shows how "un-smart" Obama is!

Old 11-18-2008, 09:33 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,720,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
You can do the same with Republicans. Watch Jay Leno some night when he interviews anyone on the street - no matter what affiliation - and you will see the same thing. So your post isn't working.
I think that is the point... this time around democrats got the majority of the dumbasses.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:45 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,024,653 times
Quote:
Yeah, I recall that Obama attended Reverend Wright's church for 20 years, but somehow didn't recall his [very] close friend's explosive racial and anti-American messages. Maybe that just shows how "un-smart" Obama is!

Oh wait is he Christian now? I thought you said he was technically a muslim?

In August, The New York Times Magazine did a story about trolls, some barely out of their teens, who antagonize others for the sake of "lulz": "Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh," one ex-troll told the publication.

Some people are just bitter and angry," said psychiatrist Dr. Terry Eagan, medical director of the Moonview Sanctuary in Santa Monica, California. "Sometimes, they're against everyone, other times against a specific group. That person can get really stimulated and can say all sorts of horrible things. But I don't think it's not like they didn't exist before."

#@*!!! Anonymous anger rampant on Internet - CNN.com

Old 11-18-2008, 10:52 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,308,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Oh wait is he Christian now? I thought you said he was technically a muslim?

In August, The New York Times Magazine did a story about trolls, some barely out of their teens, who antagonize others for the sake of "lulz": "Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh," one ex-troll told the publication.

Some people are just bitter and angry," said psychiatrist Dr. Terry Eagan, medical director of the Moonview Sanctuary in Santa Monica, California. "Sometimes, they're against everyone, other times against a specific group. That person can get really stimulated and can say all sorts of horrible things. But I don't think it's not like they didn't exist before."

#@*!!! Anonymous anger rampant on Internet - CNN.com
No, I don't think he is either, but my guess is that he leans toward Islamic ideology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies