Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 06:26 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,866,968 times

Advertisements

I know people who have undergone fertility treatments and each of them have 3 healthy and happy children. It would be nice if people adopted available children, but with good health insurance, fertility treatments cost way less than the adoption process and people aren't subjected to the social services interviews, home inspections, etc. that adopted parents are. It's much easier to have ones own children and much less evasive. Unfortunately, many people who do have their own biological children, would be best not to. I don't understand God's plan there. It's also human nature for people to want to produce children and many women long to experience pregnancy. Being treated for infertility is being helped by science. Same as having surgery or taking prescription medications. All of these things were created to help us live healthier and longer lives, and for some, to have children. If God wants us to join his Kingdom at a certain time and we're stricken with cancer, diabetes, influenza, etc. are we going against nature by getting treated for these afflictions?

In the church's eyes, creating life via medical procedures is looked upon differently than sustaining life via medical procedures, but both go against "nature".

As far as the Pregnant Man, he is biologically a woman and she, for whatever reason, wants to look like a man, but carry children in her womb. I haven't followed the story so can't say much on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 06:27 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
Its strange really why people want kids. Woman get pregnant, "Awww look how cute he/she is". Two years later, the "hell" kicks off, later come the smacking and then in the early to late teens they hang around streets getting drunk abusing old people.

The best part for the woman and the man is under age of 2. For some people, having a child is a joy and then they have to endure a lifetime of upset.

Sounds like you've had a real doozy of a childhood. What a shame.
Got therapy?

Old 11-18-2008, 06:27 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,889 times
What made all the couples even think that the scientists were trying to find a way?

Old 11-18-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Sounds like you've had a real doozy of a childhood. What a shame.
Got therapy?
You've heard of the Terrible Twos?

My childhood wasn't spent screaming and being a nuiscance. I was always quiet and years later we knew why. I have a disability.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:31 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Saying a man is pregnant is wrong because we all know a man cannot get pregnant, she didn't change her sex.
Aha. Gotcha. You have just defined "man" as a person who cannot get pregnant. But the person did get pregnant. So the person was not a man.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:38 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
We all have disabilities. The only question is whether they become serious enough to interfere with pursuit of a relatively normal lifestyle...

Old 11-18-2008, 06:40 PM

It does.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:41 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
The freak has a vagina and a uterus. Where does the man part figure into this, other than to deliver the sperm into the vagina and on to the uterus?

Why is this receiving national media attention? Why am I bothering to respond to such a stupid topic

Old 11-18-2008, 07:39 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Aha. Gotcha. You have just defined "man" as a person who cannot get pregnant. But the person did get pregnant. So the person was not a man.
Thats why I called her a she.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:51 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,253,371 times
Whichever doctor gave the OK for this dude to have kids should get his licensed revoked. I have nothing against transexuals. IMO, nobody wants to be in that type of situation by choice but I am totally against this guy getting preggars. Males cannot have babies. Easy as that. You think you're a man, then you shouldn't have the desire to be preggars.

Any man who wants to be pregnant, please refute my statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies