Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:26 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
I think its better to focus on the FACT that having sex can lead to a pregnancy.

Sex isn't like water and food....you don't need it to live.

If you're going to have sex, make sure you're SMART enough to have some type of protection.

If sex only led to little creepy crawlies running around your nether-parts, who would care so much?

A little antibiotic or the AIDs coctail? You're ok.

It's not about sex or easier access to contraception, it's about the end result. I would care LESS if unprotected sex could ONLY bring someone a genital wart or 2.

Babies (fetuses) have been de-humanized so they are just a by-product of sex anymore.

Keep your legs closed or your buddy in your pants if you are NOT willing to protect yourself from an STD (which could end your life or you could be like Paris Hilton) or creating what (should you not abort it) a little, tiny, sweet and innocent baby.

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand?
I am not blind to the fact that sex with the opposite sex leads to babies.
Thank goodness I'm a lesbian.

At the same time, abstinence only programs have failed to slow teenage pregnancies and the same even goes for "adults" who end up with an unintended or unwanted pregnancy.

It would be nice if states gave discounts to guys wanting a vasectomy or insurance companies gave discounts to women who are on birth control, want a sterilization, etc, etc.

I know I don't need sex to live but it sure as heck makes life a lot more enjoyable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 09:35 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post

At the same time, abstinence only programs have failed to slow teenage pregnancies and the same even goes for "adults" who end up with an unintended or unwanted pregnancy.
Exactly. You think that pro-life people would be supportive of "smart" sex education, as it would result in fewer pregnancies, and in turn fewer abortions. The reality is that abstinence-only programs are a complete and utter failure. They don't work, and have never worked, just like the Drug Free programs of the Reagan years had an ambivalent effect.

Do they still pass out condoms in high schools? They did when I was there, and my university health center sells discounted contraceptives as well.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:01 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Real men get vasectomies.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:05 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post

NO they do not .

Old 11-19-2008, 10:25 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
NO they do not .
The ONLY way to end abortions:

Give every male a vasectomy at birth.

The absolutely ONLY way to end abortions....no matter what Republicans tell you.....

Old 11-19-2008, 10:30 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The ONLY way to end abortions:

Give every male a vasectomy at birth.

The absolutely ONLY way to end abortions....no matter what Republicans tell you.....

lol spoken like a true nut

Old 11-19-2008, 10:45 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Why am I a nut?
I am not proposing that all males get a vasectomy at birth but NOTHING else would end abortions.

I have asked in many threads on abortion....

""How does anyone plan to end abortions?"

I have never gotten a reply that didn't have a lot of " ifs " in it.

" If " doesn't work obviously.

So how would YOU end abortions?

Old 11-19-2008, 10:55 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,973 times
Quote:
You're missing the point the poster is trying to make.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:59 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,674 times
If every male had a vasectomy at birth then there would be no pregnancies.

Then you broads would be bitching and moaning about your damm biological clocks!

Old 11-19-2008, 11:11 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
I've been in a long term relationship for many years, we have lots and lots of sex (TMI? Perhaps...) and I have YET to get pregnant.... crazy, isn't it? My mom didn't tell me to just 'not have sex', she showed me where I can get birth control pills, condoms etc. I'm LUCKY to have parents that are open, but others may not be. I say, educate! And those gals who get pregnant and have babies at 15, 16, or 17 shouldn't be put on the cover of magazines for the world to see. That just glamorizes teen pregnancy and does no good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies