Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 05:24 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
You're assuming that change implies that every appointee is someone not associated with any previous administration? I would see this is taking Obama's change message to its literal extreme which means that no matter what he does, you aim to find fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I agree..When Obama speaks of change, more than anything he intends to move away from the Bush administration crap. The change is that he is appointting talented poeple with experience not an entire administration of croonies, horse show judges and college drinking buddies.
Yeah...

Quote:
It's not enough just to look back in wonder of how far we've come - I want us to look ahead with a fierce urgency at how far we have left to go. I believe it's time for this generation to make its own mark - to write our own chapter in the American story.
Quote:
...the choice before you is about what comes next. Because we need to do more than turn the page on the failed Bush-Cheney policies; we have to turn the page on the politics that helped make those policies possible.
Quote:
I believe that we need fundamental change in America. Not just a change of Party in the White House, but change in Washington that the American people can believe in - unity instead of division; hope instead of fear; a politics that leaves behind the fights of the past so that we can finally take hold of our future.
Quote:
I know it is tempting ... to simply turn back the clock, and to build a bridge back to the 20th Century. There are those will tell us that our Party should nominate someone who is more practiced in the art of pursuing power; that's it's not yet our turn or our time. There was also a time when Caroline Kennedy's father was counseled by a former President to "be patient," and to step aside for "someone with greater experience." But John F. Kennedy responded by saying, "The world is changing. The old ways will not do...It is time for a new generation of leadership."

It is time for a new generation of leadership, because the old politics just won't do.

[The real choice in this campaign] is about the past versus the future. And when I am the nominee, the Republicans won't be able to make this election about the past because you will have already chosen the future.

It's time for new leadership
Hooray for "change!" Keep looking to the future, Mr. President! Leave the past behind, Mr. President! Old politics won't do, Mr. President! Old politicians will, though, apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 05:27 PM

972 posts, read 1,331,312 times
you guys just want to complain instead of giving anyone a chance.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:04 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Say hello to the new boss. Same as the old boss. Happens with every change of party power. Change you can believe in. Hope included... Arkansas in this case.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:15 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
oh no obama is putting people with experience into positions!

Lemme ask, were you guys bitching when George Jr. put a bunch of Nixon cronies into office (including one as his VP)?

Old 11-19-2008, 07:18 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Although I didn't vote for Obama, I will have to disagree with the OP... I think his choices although could be better, they also could be a lot worse... the mainstream media has pushed HEAVILY for their lobbyist connected candidates... Napolitano, Clinton, etc. etc.... just keep listening to them saying there is a "good" chance these will be picked... and someone else gets picked instead... this IS real change.. instead of picking lobbyists hand-crafted by Big Media/Big Business... Obama is doing the opposite so far... maybe we will be better off... if he picks Albright or Clinton.. we are in a crap hole...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies