Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 08:56 AM

13,631 posts, read 20,713,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It's not aimed at Africans, it's aimed at black Americans
Yea pal I know. That remark was a (failed) attempt at sarcasm, nothing more. 8 years of inane rantings from a bunch of SMERSH wannabes gets old after awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 09:02 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,330,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am sure they meant it as a compliment.After all they are not bad people. Its the USA thats filled with bad people. We just don't understand them is all.
In their culture it may be considered an awesome compliment to be called a house negro.

lol actually Al-Zawahri isnt Pushtun or any of the tribes he isnt truly part of the Afghanistan culture he is an illegal immigrant there with a guerilla military that can fight . Its time we leave .

Old 11-19-2008, 09:04 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,965,218 times
I can only think of a David Chappelle or Richard Pryor skit when I read about this. I can imagine Chappelle of Pryor standing at a press conference being very erudite while speaking to the press on a wide range of issues only to told that Zawahiri had just called him a "house ******." The President (Chappelle or Pryor) suddenly drops is sophisticated articulation and changes, idiomatically, into a "street brother" vowing to kick the rag headed Maryland Farmer's butt, if you get my meaning.

YouTube - Richard Pryor, 1st black President

YouTube - President Black Bush

Old 11-19-2008, 09:09 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,176,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Question: What would an Arab "terrorist" know about the history of slavery in the US? And further more how would a "radical Islamic terrorist" understand the cultural dynamic of that history so as to understand that calling a black American a "house negro" would be considered an offense?

He wouldn't, but an American would.
Uhmmm they watch tv. They watch the news and oh yeah many of them have western educations. The leadership that is.
My post was based on sarcasm. The sarcasm was aimed at the many self hating Americans who seem to feel that only americans say or do bad things and that the terrorists who target and kill unarmed women and children are actually freedom fighters. These same terrorists who if they had their way would be allowed to treat their women as property. Not unlike how they treat their livestock but perhaps a few levels lower than how they would treat a prized goat.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Uhmmm they watch tv. They watch the news and oh yeah many of them have western educations. The leadership that is.
My post was based on sarcasm. The sarcasm was aimed at the many self hating Americans who seem to feel that only americans say or do bad things and that the terrorists who target and kill unarmed women and children are actually freedom fighters. These same terrorists who if they had their way would be allowed to treat their women as property. Not unlike how they treat their livestock but perhaps a few levels lower than how they would treat a prized goat.

I agree but the women are so used to this indoctrinated in this culture,mind set that the same woman you try to liberate blows herself up in front of your truck.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:15 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,607,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Since when did Al-Qaida al-Zawahri represent the world? It's people like you who buy into this kind of propaganda. The guy is trying to start a race war within the US playing on age old racial tensions.
That is a 24/7/365 practice for liberals. He's just taking a page right out of their playbook.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:25 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,975,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT. SHLITZ View Post
Well, the fact that the insult is coming from a filthy diaper head, I don't take much stock in his insult. I hope we capture that sub-human and Obama put's a bullet in him on the White House lawn. It infuriates me to no end when I see a map and Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia are still on it.
Uhhh...wow, THAT'S a little extreme. "Diaper head"??? Are you aware that those kinds of racial and ethnic slurs are not acceptable? And you basically want to wipe Afghanistan, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia off the map????
Are you NUTS?
You're just as hateful as the extremists are.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:36 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,176,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I agree but the women are so used to this indoctrinated in this culture,mind set that the same woman you try to liberate blows herself up in front of your truck.
You misunderstand me. I have no wish to liberate any of them. If they seek liberation let them fight their own battles. Not our problem not our fight.
I was pointing out that the self haters who are normally also hard core liberals tend to ignore the facts. The fact that these people whom they would call freedom fighters have ideologies 200 or more years out of date.
They call our soldiers storm troopers and terrorists freedom fighters. That was my point. To think that these terrorists would not know how to slander an African American is naive at best. Many of the leaders of these terrorist groups have western educations, have been trained in western cultures of course in a negative way. Keep in mind many over the last 12 years referred to Colin Powell as a house negro. This is not a new slur and not the first time a foreigner has used it to describe an African American.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:55 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,965,218 times
Quote:
You misunderstand me.
Which isn't hard when you misunderstand your own argument.

Quote:
I was pointing out that the self haters who are normally also hard core liberals tend to ignore the facts.
Sorry, but it was the Republicans who throughout the 90's refused to recognize the threat of al-Qaeda. It was the Republicans who argued that Clinton was doing nothing more that "wag the dog" when he attacked al-Qaeda bases in Afghanistan and Sudan. It was the Republicans who refuse to accept the idea of transnational terrorism and who clung to the misbegotten idea that the only terrorism that existed was state supported, not transnational which lead to their concentration on Iraq instead of Afghanistan.

Quote:
The fact that these people whom they would call freedom fighters have ideologies 200 or more years out of date.
Frankly, I don't know one "liberal" who has called any of these people freedom fighters. I seriously doubt and in fact I challenge you to present one liberal view post or argument that supports Islamic subjugation of women or support for those who do.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
You misunderstand me. I have no wish to liberate any of them. If they seek liberation let them fight their own battles. Not our problem not our fight.
I was pointing out that the self haters who are normally also hard core liberals tend to ignore the facts. The fact that these people whom they would call freedom fighters have ideologies 200 or more years out of date.
They call our soldiers storm troopers and terrorists freedom fighters. That was my point. To think that these terrorists would not know how to slander an African American is naive at best. Many of the leaders of these terrorist groups have western educations, have been trained in western cultures of course in a negative way. Keep in mind many over the last 12 years referred to Colin Powell as a house negro. This is not a new slur and not the first time a foreigner has used it to describe an African American.

gotcha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies