Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-19-2008, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Texas
5,068 posts, read 10,084,699 times
Reputation: 1650

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
All the same context..
One-On-One With Sarah Palin, CBS Evening News Anchor Katie Couric Interviews Alaska's Governor On The Ailing Economy - CBS News
Couric: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

Palin: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie - that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us
Nope this was the first one:
Quote:
Does it matter? Politics is all about perception. A genuinely smart politician would have recognized this tendency and overcome it by giving numerous interviews demonstrating the depth of her real knowledge. From the moment she answered a simple question by saying "Well, I'm just gonna havta get right back to ya" she lost most of her credibility. It went downhill from there.
Oh I see, from your link you quote her one way and another quoted her another way. The other person agreed that if Palin had said she would get back with her, then that would've been OK, and she said so.

Kouric seemed to be a little confused, herself, because she had it in her mind that Republicans are all about not regulating things, whereas the Fannie-Freddie situation clearly called for regulation, while democrats said there was no problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2008, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Denver
2,969 posts, read 6,908,661 times
Reputation: 4866
I don't hate her, but I think she is definitely not worthy of being a V.P. or Prez. She's kind of disappointing actually ..... because she looks nice and cute and then your read about her beliefs and they are such a big turn off to people that aren't religious or that are animal lovers, for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,577 posts, read 7,773,279 times
Reputation: 835
those are good reasons. I was not in line with her beliefs either. I am only in line with the republican party in theory. the party hasn't practiced the platform in forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I don't hate her, but I think she is definitely not worthy of being a V.P. or Prez. She's kind of disappointing actually ..... because she looks nice and cute and then your read about her beliefs and they are such a big turn off to people that aren't religious or that are animal lovers, for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Hangin' with the bears.
3,813 posts, read 4,884,667 times
Reputation: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Nope this was the first one:


Oh I see, from your link you quote her one way and another quoted her another way. The other person agreed that if Palin had said she would get back with her, then that would've been OK, and she said so.

Kouric seemed to be a little confused, herself, because she had it in her mind that Republicans are all about not regulating things, whereas the Fannie-Freddie situation clearly called for regulation, while democrats said there was no problem.
I read your statement to mean that because Palin said she would 'get back to' Couric with the information, it was the same as saying 'I don't know'. And, there is nothing wrong with saying, 'I don't know'. I agree. Saying 'I don't know' is a valid answer to a question. My concern with Palin's ability to tell the truth is her playing with words, 'faking' her knowledge. It wasn't until she was cornered that she finally admitted she didn't know the answer. She only felt compelled to tell the truth when she couldn't talk her way around the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Texas
5,068 posts, read 10,084,699 times
Reputation: 1650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I read your statement to mean that because Palin said she would 'get back to' Couric with the information, it was the same as saying 'I don't know'. And, there is nothing wrong with saying, 'I don't know'. I agree. Saying 'I don't know' is a valid answer to a question. My concern with Palin's ability to tell the truth is her playing with words, 'faking' her knowledge. It wasn't until she was cornered that she finally admitted she didn't know the answer. She only felt compelled to tell the truth when she couldn't talk her way around the question.
I know lots of things about specific events or quotes, but I don't always have them on the tip of my tongue. When I say I know things, it doesn't mean I'm faking it. I like to look up details. We were talking about debris in space elsewhere. I recalled a story about a little chip of paint doing damage to a spacecraft orbiting the earth, but had to look it up for details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Texas
38,859 posts, read 25,306,605 times
Reputation: 24780
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I have none. I am quite good at brainwashing if I so choose. how about we stick to the topic gringo.

Stop evading and give me an honest response, please.

You initiated this line of discussion. You imply that you have little use for females while, at the same time, claiming to have them all figured out. Very contradictory. Why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,577 posts, read 7,773,279 times
Reputation: 835
I'm sorry, did you even ask a question? never said I had little use for women. they have lots of uses, just like men. I have everyone figured out, not just women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Stop evading and give me an honest response, please.

You initiated this line of discussion. You imply that you have little use for females while, at the same time, claiming to have them all figured out. Very contradictory. Why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Texas
38,859 posts, read 25,306,605 times
Reputation: 24780
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I'm sorry, did you even ask a question? never said I had little use for women. they have lots of uses, just like men. I have everyone figured out, not just women.

Spoken like a 17 year old.

Carry on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,577 posts, read 7,773,279 times
Reputation: 835
what was your question? you answer with the brilliant quote, "." spoken like a genius. I was carrying on, until you claimed you asked me a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Spoken like a 17 year old.

Carry on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 03:00 PM
 
Location: The Coldest Place
998 posts, read 1,505,229 times
Reputation: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
how old are you? do you ever say anything besides ?

I know quite a few liberal women, and their rationale seems to be the same. I never claimed to be an expert. what makes you an expert? to quote you ""
I don't believe you. I think you are inventing things for the sake of your argument.

This is right up there with all the pre-election claims that "The Black people I work with say they are voting Obama because he is black".

Oh really? I am sure that just like those Blacks, these Liberal women just go around saying self-incriminating things.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top