Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-19-2008, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Texas
5,068 posts, read 10,091,032 times
Reputation: 1650

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
I don't believe you. I think you are inventing things for the sake of your argument.

This is right up there with all the pre-election claims that "The Black people I work with say they are voting Obama because he is black".

Oh really? I am sure that just like those Blacks, these Liberal women just go around saying self-incriminating things.

Blacks voting for Obama because he was black is a fair assumption. They didn't think he could win until he won Iowa and nearly won New Hampshire during the primaries. There was a big shift in voting patterns, as a result. Plus, a record 97% were registered to vote. I read articles in which quoted blacks saying that even though they were conservatives, they may be voting for Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2008, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,937,010 times
Reputation: 9412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
Umm, because all of these threads claiming to know what is in the minds of liberals are simply more rationalizations for why Obama won.

People living in acute denial.

Sorry to have blown your mind.
I don't see what Palin's lack of popularity has to do with Obama. His winning is a symptom of what's wrong with this nation, nothing more. But no worries. It always blows my mind when people can't stay on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Texas
38,859 posts, read 25,331,810 times
Reputation: 24780
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I answered your question. deal with it.

You evaded it.

But keep posting, by all means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 04:14 PM
 
Location: 38°14′45″N 122°37′53″W
4,156 posts, read 10,972,139 times
Reputation: 3437
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think it is looks. she has been perceived in the media as some sort of beauty queen and liberal women can't stand it.
"perceived in the media"???? She is a product of the beauty pageant circuit.
She and her mom,(most likely) did that, not the media.

Last I checked women ( or men ) weren't looking for a Miss Alaska runner-up to "End world hunger and create world peace"...at least not seriously!!!

Quote:
I personally don't find her the least bit attractive. she looks like a middle aged mother of 5.
agree with ya there.

Quote:
I know that most liberals don't like her views, but the level of the vicious meows is off the charts. I can't help but think that if she looked like janet reno, she would not be quite as hated by liberal women.
nope. She could look like the phantom of the opera for all I care, it's the brains those 'liberals' are looking for....

i think the 'looker' requirement was what the McCain campaign ended up with as a 'bonus' in their minds and ended up having to 'run' with it...since they couldn't find a female politician who was dumb enough to potentially destroy their political career by the position offered.
Seriously, it was a 'crap shoot' type of situation or any skirt asked....Palin was either not smart enough to realize it, or she's got some serious ego problem....
or both.
I don't hate her...I pity her though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Texas
5,068 posts, read 10,091,032 times
Reputation: 1650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
The amount of denial and bitterness with regard to Obama winning is mind blowing.

All of these obvious defense mechanisms. It's pretty scary actually, that so many embrace denial, and how many forms that denial is taking.

So, anyway, the OP thinks he speaks for all liberal women, and I am not surprised, after looking over his profile.
I certainly don't fall under that category. Obama is now my president-elect, and I'm going to do what I can to make the best of it. I do that no matter who is president, so there's no change in my behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Texas
5,068 posts, read 10,091,032 times
Reputation: 1650
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
"perceived in the media"???? She is a product of the beauty pageant circuit.
She and her mom,(most likely) did that, not the media.

Last I checked women ( or men ) weren't looking for a Miss Alaska runner-up to "End world hunger and create world peace"...at least not seriously!!!



agree with ya there.



nope. She could look like the phantom of the opera for all I care, it's the brains those 'liberals' are looking for....

i think the 'looker' requirement was what the McCain campaign ended up with as a 'bonus' in their minds and ended up having to 'run' with it...since they couldn't find a female politician who was dumb enough to potentially destroy their political career by the position offered.
Seriously, it was a 'crap shoot' type of situation or any skirt asked....Palin was either not smart enough to realize it, or she's got some serious ego problem....
or both.
I don't hate her...I pity her though.
She did the beauty pageant for money. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 04:17 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,577 posts, read 7,781,487 times
Reputation: 835
I totally agree that she was a token candidate. she was brought in by the party for shallow reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
"perceived in the media"???? She is a product of the beauty pageant circuit.
She and her mom,(most likely) did that, not the media.

Last I checked women ( or men ) weren't looking for a Miss Alaska runner-up to "End world hunger and create world peace"...at least not seriously!!!



agree with ya there.



nope. She could look like the phantom of the opera for all I care, it's the brains those 'liberals' are looking for....

i think the 'looker' requirement was what the McCain campaign ended up with as a 'bonus' in their minds and ended up having to 'run' with it...since they couldn't find a female politician who was dumb enough to potentially destroy their political career by the position offered.
Seriously, it was a 'crap shoot' type of situation or any skirt asked....Palin was either not smart enough to realize it, or she's got some serious ego problem....
or both.
I don't hate her...I pity her though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Texas
38,859 posts, read 25,331,810 times
Reputation: 24780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
She did the beauty pageant for money. Period.

Sarah Palin is living proof that a "10" in Alaska is a "6" anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Hangin' with the bears.
3,813 posts, read 4,888,190 times
Reputation: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you don't if that statement made no sense to you. no shame though. most do follow blindly. I remember my topic, the one where liberals were having a hard time admitting why they couldn't stand a politician in a dress.
I don't understand Palin speak which you used to write your post. Your topic is not about Obama. Are you two people? You accuse someone of going off topic and trying to hijack this thread and that's exactly what you're doing. Make up your minds, which is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 04:21 PM
 
Location: The Coldest Place
998 posts, read 1,505,930 times
Reputation: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Blacks voting for Obama because he was black is a fair assumption. They didn't think he could win until he won Iowa and nearly won New Hampshire during the primaries. There was a big shift in voting patterns, as a result. Plus, a record 97% were registered to vote. I read articles in which quoted blacks saying that even though they were conservatives, they may be voting for Obama.
You missed the point completely.

I work with a lot of blacks. Not one of them came out and told me they were voting for Obama because he was black. That ISN'T to say that they didn't vote for him because he was black. See the difference?

That would be about as stupid as me saying I was voting for McCain because he is white.

People do not self-incriminate themselves like that, which is why the whole premise of this thread is a farce.

Just read the title of it. It's the most assumptive garbage possible.

You all do know that many Liberal women are feminists, and that many feminists detest judging women based upon their looks?

Lastly, the even greater assumption here is that everyone shares the view that Palin is good looking.

I find it so ironic, because I have heard many conservatives, including my own brother, go on about how hot she is.

Just more psychological projection from people who are living in denial.

The people fixated on her looks are not liberals, it's people who start threads like this and agree with threads like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top