Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 04:46 PM

998 posts, read 1,505,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Typical liberal. You want to be able to make snide remarks towards others but if they dare to defend themselves, they're the one who is pursuing it. If you could really hear yourself you'd be the one who's horrified.
You weren't defending. You were accusing and marginalizing by calling my point off-topic.

Bye now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 04:49 PM

382 posts, read 950,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
It's not about how attractive or unattractive she is, it's about what comes out of her mouth, it's about witch doctors laying hands on her, it's about her wanting to make the choices she would make for her family, the choices for all families.

It's the Palinites that would have you think that it was her "good looks" that infuriates liberal women, but it's not. She's not ugly, but her politics sure are.
Good point! By witch doctors do you mean similiar to the psychic fortune tellers, spiritualists and muses that liberals like to trust in?

Old 11-19-2008, 04:49 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,132,324 times
I don't get the "she's hot" stuff ---

YouTube - Sarah Palin SINGS and DANCES with "The Wasilla Singers"! RARE FOOTAGE!
But I guess some old guys like middle age church ladies!
I dislike her because she's ignorant ,vain,full of herself and a bad mother.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
Good point! By witch doctors do you mean similiar to the psychic fortune tellers, spiritualists and muses that liberals like to trust in?
"Muthee and his wife returned home to Kenya from Scotland, where he had finished his graduate studies, in 1988.[3] They soon felt that they were "called by God to Kiambu" and after six months of prayer, research, and "spiritual mapping," they came to believe that a woman known as "Mama Jane" was a witch, and thereby caused traffic fatalities, traffic accidents, crime, and spiritual oppression in the area. [2][5] Muthee alleged that "top government and business leaders [were] afraid to do anything without her approval," that at least one person per month would die in a car accident in front of her "divination house"[3] and that she weekly "went to Thomas' church site, performed magic, and cast her spells and curses."[4] Muthee publicly declared, “Mama Jane either gets saved and serves the Lord, or she leaves town! There is no longer room in Kiambu for both of us!"[4][3] Angry townsfolk wanted to stone Mama Jane in retaliation for the traffic accidents. When the police entered Mama Jane's home to intervene, they were allegedly startled by what they believed to be a demon and shot her pet python to death." Soon after his followers began to pray that God would either save or oust Mama Jane, three young people died in another apparent accident in front of Mama Jane's house, according to Muthee's account.

Thomas Muthee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-19-2008, 04:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,101,258 times
I wouldn't say that all liberal women hate Palin in fact none of the ones I know do. They simply disagree with most of what Palin stands for. She is the antithesis of the liberal movement. I am a conservative Libertarian and Palin doesn't exactly meet what I would consider qualified.
She became a focal point on city data for many. Read the posts.....
The attacks against a down syndrome baby? ttacks against an unwed preg teen daughter. Attack after attack on personal issues. To call them petty attacks would be accurate.
There were some vaild attacks on her policies. That is the actual policies and not the fabricated ones.
Palin is a has been never really was that is being kept alive for a reason I can not fathom.
Janet Reno was mentioned. Now that woman is coyote ugly. Not an insult simply a fact. LOL

Old 11-19-2008, 04:56 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,085,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Which one of her five colleges was the recipient of her beauty pageant money? Or, did they let her split it?
I don't know, but let me get back to-yah!

BTW, I just read some interesting quotes (http://tinyurl.com/5cktzn - broken link) from a couple of liberals:

Camille Paglia, the radical feminist, declared that she had “heartily enjoyed [Palin’s] arrival on the national stage”. She had been subjected to “an atrocious and sometimes delusional level of defamation”, Paglia added. “I can see how smart she is and, quite frankly, I think the people who don’t see it are the stupid ones.”

Joanne Bamberger, the liberal author of the popular PunditMom blog, praised Palin for not “fading into the Alaskan woodwork”, and added: “She’s got some serious chutzpah . . . Palin has taken charge of this moment . . . and she’s making the most of the notoriety that was offered her”.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:56 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,774,017 times
I think that another reason might be because palin was groomed to appeal to some ignorant joe six pack types. I don't blame her though, she's nothing more than a political puppet like everyone in washington. I don't know if huckabee would have done that in private. I remember some speech he made where he mocked getting a phone call from god. that's scary as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann in Oriental View Post
Good point j about Huckabee, I think that while they are both religious Mike is more "gentle" about it. Sarah to me seems like some evangelical pastor wanna be. One gets the idea that if Mike had been elected he would have privately thanked god, whereas Sarah would have gotten up on her soap box with a jesus loves me rant.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:57 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,774,017 times
thank you for providing that link to a credible source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Oh, I understand you quite well.

Urban Dictionary: trolling

Trolling - Being a !rick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

The act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet, generally on message boards.

Act of appearing on internet forums and boards with malicious intent.

Trolling includes...
-batting people to flame at you
-putting the forum down and encouraging people to leave.
-using several identies on a board to support your own arguments / stage pretend arguments
-generally being a dick on a power trip.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I wouldn't say that all liberal women hate Palin in fact none of the ones I know do. They simply disagree with most of what Palin stands for. She is the antithesis of the liberal movement. I am a conservative Libertarian and Palin doesn't exactly meet what I would consider qualified.
She became a focal point on city data for many. Read the posts.....
The attacks against a down syndrome baby? ttacks against an unwed preg teen daughter. Attack after attack on personal issues. To call them petty attacks would be accurate.
There were some vaild attacks on her policies. That is the actual policies and not the fabricated ones.
Palin is a has been never really was that is being kept alive for a reason I can not fathom.
Janet Reno was mentioned. Now that woman is coyote ugly. Not an insult simply a fact. LOL
This I agree with. Thank you for a rational answer.

I also detest attacks on Palin because of her DS baby, pregnant daughter, etc. I've scolded people for going there.

I've always focused on her apparent lack of political acumen, and her folksy act, which changes with venue.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:58 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,928,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
You weren't defending. You were accusing and marginalizing by calling my point off-topic.

Bye now.
LOL Are you having concentration issues today or is this just the norm for you? Initially, I was just asking you where your off topic comment was coming from, simple as that. Then I was defending myself from your ridiculing response. Wild concept, I know. Give it time. It'll sink it when you're least expecting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies