Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-19-2008, 04:58 PM
 
972 posts, read 1,326,458 times
Reputation: 184

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I wouldn't say that all liberal women hate Palin in fact none of the ones I know do. They simply disagree with most of what Palin stands for. She is the antithesis of the liberal movement. I am a conservative Libertarian and Palin doesn't exactly meet what I would consider qualified.
She became a focal point on city data for many. Read the posts.....
The attacks against a down syndrome baby? ttacks against an unwed preg teen daughter. Attack after attack on personal issues. To call them petty attacks would be accurate.
There were some vaild attacks on her policies. That is the actual policies and not the fabricated ones.
Palin is a has been never really was that is being kept alive for a reason I can not fathom.
Janet Reno was mentioned. Now that woman is coyote ugly. Not an insult simply a fact. LOL
I dislike her very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2008, 05:01 PM
 
972 posts, read 1,326,458 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think it is looks. she has been perceived in the media as some sort of beauty queen and liberal women can't stand it. I personally don't find her the least bit attractive. she looks like a middle aged mother of 5. I know that most liberals don't like her views, but the level of the vicious meows is off the charts. I can't help but think that if she looked like janet reno, she would not be quite as hated by liberal women.
She does remind me of the most the ladies at church--- give you that. I do not dislike her because of how she looks not at all, she offended me and her views did as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,577 posts, read 7,795,489 times
Reputation: 835
I respect you being offended by her views. I disagree with probably 95% of what she's all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
She does remind me of the most the ladies at church--- give you that. I do not dislike her because of how she looks not at all, she offended me and her views did as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Hangin' with the bears.
3,813 posts, read 4,894,032 times
Reputation: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
Good point! By witch doctors do you mean similiar to the psychic fortune tellers, spiritualists and muses that liberals like to trust in?
What the heck are you talking about?

I don't remember seeing any YouTube videos of anyone else except Sarah Palin getting prayed over to protect her from witch doctors!?!


YouTube - Sarah Palin Gets Protection From Witches
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 05:09 PM
 
251 posts, read 411,423 times
Reputation: 88
I'm an expert on women. Sarah is clueless. She's a sheep. Did what she was told to do. That's not the hallmark of a leader. Baaaaaaa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Texas
5,068 posts, read 10,097,983 times
Reputation: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think that another reason might be because palin was groomed to appeal to some ignorant joe six pack types. I don't blame her though, she's nothing more than a political puppet like everyone in washington. I don't know if huckabee would have done that in private. I remember some speech he made where he mocked getting a phone call from god. that's scary as well.
Oh come-on, he just has a sense of humor and uses it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Hangin' with the bears.
3,813 posts, read 4,894,032 times
Reputation: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
I don't know, but let me get back to-yah!

BTW, I just read some interesting quotes (http://tinyurl.com/5cktzn - broken link) from a couple of liberals:
As an Independent, I choose to agree with the Conservative women who voiced their belief (videos posted earlier) that Palin is nowhere near being qualified for national office/VP candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 05:17 PM
 
Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,948,499 times
Reputation: 9417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Quake View Post
I'm an expert on women. Sarah is clueless. She's a sheep. Did what she was told to do. That's not the hallmark of a leader. Baaaaaaa!
Oh? Sheep follow. Who does Palin follow? The only sheep I've seen lately are the the O-baaaaaa-ma sheep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,577 posts, read 7,795,489 times
Reputation: 835
he had a likability quotient. I am not doubting that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Oh come-on, he just has a sense of humor and uses it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 05:23 PM
 
Location: on the edge of Sanity
14,268 posts, read 18,829,734 times
Reputation: 7982
Although I often vote for a Democrat, I am far from "liberal" and was considering voting for McCain until he selected Palin to be his running mate. I do not hate her, but I am embarrassed that someone so clueless was chosen to represent the women in this country. Looks? I don't think Sarah Palin is beautiful, although she's a very attractive woman. Look at Christie Brinkley, Jacklyn Smith and other women in their 50s. No comparison. (yes, I realize Palin is only 44..that's my point.) Still, women should never be judged by their looks unless they are applying for jobs as models!

I'm not sure if it was on city-data or another site, but a poster mentioned the Gov of Michigan, Jennifer Granholm. Look at her credentials. (AFAIK she is also a former beauty queen.)

[URL="http://www.michigan.gov/gov/0,1607,7-168--57920--,00.html"]GRANHOLM - Biography[/URL]

Please note the sentence where it says she is an "honors graduate of both the University of California at Berkeley and Harvard Law School. She serves as the chair of the Health and Human Services Committee of the National Governors Association, and is vice chair of the Midwestern Governors Association."

(She also is a mother of 3 children.)

There is not a single record indicating that Palin had any academic achievements in her 6+ years trying to earn a degree in journalism. Nobody could even remember her and one school had no record of attendance.

So - puhleeze!!! - do not tell me looks have anything to do with women disliking Palin as the VP pick. I can't stand her because she is delusional about her self-importance and believes she is some kind of holy messenger. If she goes back to school, accomplishes something in office that proves she knows how to lead, and she stands up to some tough interviews by the press without whining about the "gotcha media" and debates where she actually answers the questions, there is no doubt in my mind I'd seriously consider her. However, IMO she has a long way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top