Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:58 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
He was quite capable of making decisions his entire presidency.

YouTube - Did Reagan have Alzheimers While In Office

But, there are others who say he didn't have signs until after he left office. He sounds alot like Palin in that debate video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 10:05 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,376 times
People just can't deal with the fact that yes, we are threatened by her, just as you are threatened by Obama.

How do people reconcile this in their minds? If we "hate" her, then you "hate" Obama. Open your eyes.

Get over it. It isn't hate. We just don't like her and don't want her. Just like you don't like him and didn't want him.

If I had ONE wish - ONE thing I could magically change about the forum - it's this accusation of "hate" crap I would outlaw. It has no place in political discourse. It's a lame, worn-out smear tactic, and that goes for people of all political stripes who do it.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:06 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,249,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post

YouTube - Did Reagan have Alzheimers While In Office

But, there are others who say he didn't have signs until after he left office. He sounds alot like Palin in that debate video.
Liberal propaganda.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
People just can't deal with the fact that yes, we are threatened by her, just as you are threatened by Obama.

How do people reconcile this in their minds? If we "hate" her, then you "hate" Obama. Open your eyes.

Get over it. It isn't hate. We just don't like her and don't want her. Just like you don't like him and didn't want him.

If I had ONE wish - ONE thing I could magically change about the forum - it's this accusation of "hate" crap I would outlaw. It has no place in political discourse. It's a lame, worn-out smear tactic, and that goes for people of all political stripes who do it.
You of all people are guilty of accusing people of "hate" and spewing hatred. I have not once said I hated Obama but yes indeed I will challenge him if I see something like his not keeping campaign promises. And because of that I am accused of hate. Um...okay....

Old 11-19-2008, 10:09 PM

972 posts, read 1,330,807 times
Quote:
I agree with you about finding her personally attractive. My first thought of her when she was announced as McCain's VP and gave her speech was that she looked like a librarian or teacher or something like that. I was frankly surprised when people started talking about her being attractive; that's not something that crossed my mind when I saw her. She's not ugly, but I don't see her as a beauty queen, either.

I'm not sure why they hate her. The think they must consider her a real threat - during the election afraid that Obama could indeed lose because of her, and maybe now afraid she will be a factor in 2012? I honestly don't necessarily think she will be a factor in 2012; if I had to guess I'd say probably not. I think we are seeing by Obama's surrounding himself with the same old people that Washington wants the status quo; they don't want an outsider coming in and really making changes, so I doubt they'll let Palin in.

I'm not sure if it's her looks. I know if McCain and Palin had been elected and were already breaking campaign promises like Obama is, they'd be screaming their heads off. But they don't have a problem with Obama doing that. I really hate the double standard.
Your not sure why people hate her? Jesus disliked HYPOCRITES too. We have told you over and over here WHY people dislike her. LOL

Old 11-19-2008, 10:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
A beautiful Successful woman with good family values, a husband who adores her. Has chosen a life where she can help others and hopefully make a difference....why would that be a threat to liberal woman? Why would liberal woman hate that. Why are we not supportive of each others choices. We woman are are own worst enemies. What has she done to cause this much hate coming from other woman. Very sad!!
"Allowing" her husband to attend meetings he has no business as private citizen attending, acting like the de facto governor of Alaska; "Drill Baby Drill"; doesn't read newspapers, books or magazines, lying; what's to like?

Old 11-19-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Your not sure why people hate her? Jesus disliked HYPOCRITES too. We have told you over and over here WHY people dislike her. LOL
Well then by that definition you should hate Obama, as he is already breaking campaign promises.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Liberal propaganda.
Uh, ok then.....

Old 11-19-2008, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Well then by that definition you should hate Obama, as he is already breaking campaign promises.
He's not in office yet. So, pray tell, how is it he's breaking campaign promises??

Old 11-19-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
He's not in office yet. So, pray tell, how is it he's breaking campaign promises??
Does he have to be in office yet to break campaign promises? He said no lobbyists will be working in his White House and he is appointing his cabinet - WITH LOBBYISTS. And he said he'd pull troops out of Iraq right away and now that he has seen the intelligence that BUSH has been basing his strategy on, he's decided he can't pull troops out and he basically is going to keep on with Bush's plan. So why was it not okay when it was Bush's plan, but it's okay after Obama sees the intelligence to come to the same conclusion? And renege on his plan to withdrawal troops?

That is how he is breaking promises. And I have a feeling this is just the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies