Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:29 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,438,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Does he have to be in office yet to break campaign promises? He said no lobbyists will be working in his White House and he is appointing his cabinet - WITH LOBBYISTS.
Daschle's wife was an A+ lobbyist and she has quit her position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 08:15 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
those are examples of morons. there are no good politicians, but there are people who are manipulative ones. that's how they get elected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Dole, Nancy Pelosi

Old 11-20-2008, 08:47 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
Does he have to be in office yet to break campaign promises? He said no lobbyists will be working in his White House and he is appointing his cabinet - WITH LOBBYISTS. And he said he'd pull troops out of Iraq right away and now that he has seen the intelligence that BUSH has been basing his strategy on, he's decided he can't pull troops out and he basically is going to keep on with Bush's plan. So why was it not okay when it was Bush's plan, but it's okay after Obama sees the intelligence to come to the same conclusion? And renege on his plan to withdrawal troops?

That is how he is breaking promises. And I have a feeling this is just the beginning.
I must have missed that announcement. When did President-elect Obama say he "can't pull troops out and he basically is going to keep on with Bush's plan"

I have no doubt that as he is provided information that was not available to him as a candidate, he will, with the guidance of his generals, make the best decision regarding withdrawing from Iraq. I am confident that unlike McCain who did not want to leave 'until the job is done', President-elect Obama is going to get us out of Iraq.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:24 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
If she goes back to school, accomplishes something in office that proves she knows how to lead, and she stands up to some tough interviews by the press without whining about the "gotcha media" and debates where she actually answers the questions, there is no doubt in my mind I'd seriously consider her. However, IMO she has a long way to go.
I wrote this before I saw the video where she is talking in front of the turkey being beheaded with all the blood dripping. I've given this woman a lot of "benefits of the doubt" but I just can't do it any more.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:29 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think it is looks. she has been perceived in the media as some sort of beauty queen and liberal women can't stand it. I personally don't find her the least bit attractive. she looks like a middle aged mother of 5. I know that most liberals don't like her views, but the level of the vicious meows is off the charts. I can't help but think that if she looked like janet reno, she would not be quite as hated by liberal women.
You're SO off the mark here. I don't feel like reading all of the posts, but, I'm totally comfortable with my appearance (would change a lot but who wouldn't) - it has nothing to do with looks. We couldn't care less what she looks like, it's you guys who put the focus on looks (you don't find her attractive but acknowledge others do).

We think she's stupid, offensive, unqualified and a train wreck. Regardless of her appearance.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I wrote this before I saw the video where she is talking in front of the turkey being beheaded with all the blood dripping. I've given this woman a lot of "benefits of the doubt" but I just can't do it any more.
I too, gave her a lot of benefit of the doubt at first, but she did not prove worthy of it.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:48 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,490 times
Quote:
she's actually more than qualified to be in any office including the presidency. 36 and a citizen. you aren't the type I was referring to. I am just wondering about the liberal women who consistently attack her. my question is just, if she looked like janet reno, or someone like that, would the attacks be so vicious?
So how is this different from conservative women saying Michelle looks like some animal and other names or ragging on Hilary? It's funny how men like to start these little cat fight arguments. Ladies, don't go for it.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:14 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
those are examples of morons. there are no good politicians, but there are people who are manipulative ones. that's how they get elected.
Aren't you just the little master of the obvious.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:36 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Does he have to be in office yet to break campaign promises? He said no lobbyists will be working in his White House and he is appointing his cabinet - WITH LOBBYISTS. And he said he'd pull troops out of Iraq right away and now that he has seen the intelligence that BUSH has been basing his strategy on, he's decided he can't pull troops out and he basically is going to keep on with Bush's plan. So why was it not okay when it was Bush's plan, but it's okay after Obama sees the intelligence to come to the same conclusion? And renege on his plan to withdrawal troops?

That is how he is breaking promises. And I have a feeling this is just the beginning.
And I have the feeling you don't realize you cannot simply immediate and total withdrawal. DUH.

The truth is, you don't have any idea on how the Iraq situation or the Obama Presidential situation will play out, but you are criticizing even before he takes office.

No surprise there, as I am sure there are plenty on these boards who are simply waiting to criticize every move Obama makes. You might want to get in line.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:00 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
And I have the feeling you don't realize you cannot simply immediate and total withdrawal. DUH.

The truth is, you don't have any idea on how the Iraq situation or the Obama Presidential situation will play out, but you are criticizing even before he takes office.

No surprise there, as I am sure there are plenty on these boards who are simply waiting to criticize every move Obama makes. You might want to get in line.
They're not just criticizing every move he makes - they are criticizing any hypothetical moves he MIGHT make...

Just sit back and enjoy the utter frustration of these poor, pathetic, sore LOSERS!!! I like to kick back and have a beer while I listen to them opine about why they lost and as they start laying blame at each other's feet...

SWEEEEEEEET!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies