Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 07:52 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Actually, yeah...he can, and does hate. The Bible is clear that he hates sin. But so you don't think I'm trying to appear holier-than-thou, I'm sure I've done as bad or worse to offend God as just about anyone on this board.

But that doesn't mean we should just give up trying to live a moral life.
Very nice points, but I'm going to further add that God also gave us free choice, meaning no one needs to tell any else how to live that moral life. Let God do the judging on judgement day. Doesn't the Bible also say Do not judge, lest ye be judged?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 08:09 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,617,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
Last time I checked, there's quite a difference between eating shrimp and having sex. Of course, that could just be me...
HYPOCRITE!

You claim to follow the Bible word for word and believe in it with all of your heart, mind, and soul from cover to cover. The verse you all cling to in Leviticus to condemn homosexuality expclicitly says to not eat seafood or to touch pig skin and a host of other non-sensical suggestions that have no meaning in the modern world.

If the Bible tells you to hate gay people then do it. That's what makes you a good believer. But you better come out immediatly and denounce Red Lobster, Joe's Crab Shack, Long John Silvers as abominations unto the lord. Take up cause against the NFL for doing what is unholy in the sight of the lord and on the sabbath of all days.

Go ahead! Do it! You don't want to end up in hell with all of us who are fabulous do you?

If you claim that the Bible is the word of God and he says homosexuality is on par with eating shrimp and touching pork rinds then why don't you all treat shrimp eaters and pig touchers the same as you do butt fuc... I mean gay people.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:12 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
HYPOCRITE!

You claim to follow the Bible word for word and believe in it with all of your heart, mind, and soul from cover to cover. The verse you all cling to in Leviticus to condemn homosexuality expclicitly says to not eat seafood or to touch pig skin and a host of other non-sensical suggestions that have no meaning in the modern world.

If the Bible tells you to hate gay people then do it. That's what makes you a good believer. But you better come out immediatly and denounce Red Lobster, Joe's Crab Shack, Long John Silvers as abominations unto the lord. Take up cause against the NFL for doing what is unholy in the sight of the lord and on the sabbath of all days.

Go ahead! Do it! You don't want to end up in hell with all of us who are fabulous do you?

If you claim that the Bible is the word of God and he says homosexuality is on par with eating shrimp and touching pork rinds then why don't you all treat shrimp eaters and pig touchers the same as you do butt fuc... I mean gay people.
Go! Go! D! T! O!
Go! Go! D! T! O!

I'm chanting this at the next protest!

Old 11-21-2008, 08:30 AM

LOL! Thanks.

But seriously, I want one of you faith filled Christians to tell me why you have so much utter contempt for gay people becuase the Bible tells you so, but you shy away from what the word of God says about your shrimp fetish or your husker worship. I really seriously want to know why you deliberately choose to ignore what the God of all creation has to say about not wearing cotton.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:39 AM

695 posts, read 1,377,085 times
Quote:
HYPOCRITE!

Sorry, but this is just a stupid post, and the only point you made is one of self-embarrassment.

So, smart guy, answer these questions:

1. Is it okay to have sex with your mother?

2. Is it okay to have sex with your sister?

3. Is it okay to have sex with your granddaughter?

4. How about having sex with your aunt?

5. How about having sex with your daughter-in-law, or sister-in-law?

What do you think? Good to go?

Stop being stupid.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
LOL! Thanks.

But seriously, I want one of you faith filled Christians to tell me why you have so much utter contempt for gay people becuase the Bible tells you so, but you shy away from what the word of God says about your shrimp fetish or your husker worship. I really seriously want to know why you deliberately choose to ignore what the God of all creation has to say about not wearing cotton.
First of all, IF you were actually smart enough to read what I'd previously posted - which obviously you are NOT - you'd find no such "utter contempt".

Gay away all you want.
Hate Christians all you want.
But at least stop being stupid about it.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:45 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,279,857 times
Quote:
Sorry, but this is just a stupid post, and the only point you made is one of self-embarrassment.

Stop being stupid.
i don't see your point. I don't think you saw DTO's
point is, you can't pick and choose. either accept all of the bible, or be willing to call all of it into question. The answer to the question may not change anything, but failing to be open to changes in interpetation is ignorance, not faith.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:53 AM

240 posts, read 504,461 times

Stop being stupid.[/quote]

You didn't answer any of his questions about picking and choosing.

You launched into calling him stupid instead. Way to go Sean Hannity.

That is exactly why people find "bible thumpers" so backwards.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:

Stop being stupid.
Well since all of those things are done by the people in the bible such as Kind David and many other stand up bible people, and it's the goal of humanity to live according to the centuries old standards of living even in the face of the modern times, I will say yes.

All of those things have been done throughout history by believers in the site of God as evidenced by his word the bible. He is the Great I Am and the same yesterday, today, and forever. God's standards are unchanging. I think you Christians are doing humanity a disservice to allow corporations to perpetuate the vulgarity of "Shrimp Fest".

I answered your question now answer mine. Why focus on homosexuality when in the same verse the bible puts it on the same level as eating shrimp, touching a pigskin, and wearing cotton?

Old 11-21-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy From Cali View Post
Actually not really since in most translations both are said to be "an abomination"...in other words equally bad. Plus don't you think its interesting that your translation says "detestable to God" while most read "abomination"?

Ah...translations.
First of all, you are smart enough to know that Leviticus 18 covers unlawful sexual "relations." That said, are you going to tell me that you'd be okay with it if your grandfather had forced himself on you sexually? After all, if that's just one of those old antiquated "health code" thingies from ancient writing, what's the problem?

So where is this "prohibition against eating shrimp" of which you speak? Wait, wait - I found it! It's in an entirely different area of Leviticus! Chapter 11. It's in an area speaking about clean and unclean food. You know, things like pork that, when not stored or cooked properly (in a nomadic society) would quickly spoil, and sicken & kill people.

NOBODY, who has ever had even a whit of serious thought behind his motives, has EVER equated homosexual sex and eating shrimp (though the word shrimp never appears). NOBODY.

Concerning the word "detestable", the two Hebrew words - used interchangeably - are "seqes" and "to ebah". Of course, you already know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies