Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You support euthanasia for non-contributing members of society?
Yes 6 8.82%
No 60 88.24%
Undecided 2 2.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:38 PM

55 posts, read 68,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
By creating a system of laws, religion, and general order, humanity has formed numerous civilizations that have kept humanity in line and also allowed it to become the dominant form of life on this planet. Particularly law and religion have helped to bring about this type of behavior that has been bred into humanity for years, which is to preserve life.
So then you are an admitted obscurantist. I personally prefer to present the truth to people and let such materialistic truths reign supreme instead of creating false systems of religion and law to impose order on humanity. In addition, I can't imagine that spending so many resources to care for the sick and dumb and unwanted infants is the way to promote evolution. That seems counterintuitive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 07:39 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,538,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jihadist View Post
Well, then we'll wait a few years.
Yes, we will won't we? And we'll wait & see when you get older too. I'm sorry, but you know that your OP is just a reason for attention. You don't seriously believe it & neither do the rest of us. Why don't you start a thread w/a topic that isn't completely over the top?

Old 11-19-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its not your money its their money.
when they were cops teachers and social workers and dealt with your dirt laundry you were ok with that but now that its time to pay them (retirement is part of their pay) you dont want to pay. how strange. as far as i am concerned anybody in those professions whatever they get for dealing with our ugly, its not enough.
So when they get sick and the state kicks in to pay for their thousands of medications, it really is their money? That's right...all those people in nursing homes whose money runs out aren't leeching off the rest of society.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:43 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,847,675 times
Look at the Op's name, he is a troll.....

Old 11-19-2008, 07:46 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,908,756 times
I support voluntary euthanasia, which would include euthanasia instructions in a living will.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Yes, we will won't we? And we'll wait & see when you get older too. I'm sorry, but you know that your OP is just a reason for attention. You don't seriously believe it & neither do the rest of us. Why don't you start a thread w/a topic that isn't completely over the top?
I dont' see anything over the top about it...and since others are giving me sincere attention, I don't think many are taking it as a joke. If we all believe in the power of evolution, then why can't we simply let it work for the good of humanity? I don't see that as a joke.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:49 PM

608 posts, read 921,842 times
Quote:
So then you are an admitted obscurantist. I personally prefer to present the truth to people and let such materialistic truths reign supreme instead of creating false systems of religion and law to impose order on humanity. In addition, I can't imagine that spending so many resources to care for the sick and dumb and unwanted infants is the way to promote evolution. That seems counterintuitive.
You are a fine debator, but obviously you didn´t read my entire post. This ¨false system¨ you refer to was created during the dawn of human civilization and has been passed on and improved upon over thousands of years. It is now not simply a standard, but an actual pattern of human behavior. Once a behavior has been established by the vast majority of the human population over such a long period of time, it can´t be called anything but a form of evolution. Often it is behavioral patterns that detemine the destiny of a species, ranging from socialization to mating habits, the creature´s food sources, where or how it lives, etc. I repeat, this is human evolution at work, accept it for what it is.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Look at the Op's name, he is a troll.....
Simply because I express a different opinion (though admittedly more extreme) than you, you have to call me a troll? I have said nothing inflammatory, I've simply expressed my opinions. You can choose to read my posts or ignore them. I chose the name because I'm mocking Islam's message of holy war. I am a secular jihadist.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:51 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,425,821 times
So, I break my leg. Thanks to this clunky cast, I can't be productive for six weeks. Going to sit here and drink beer and watch Oprah the whole time. Should I expect a knock on the door, or does my potential return to productivity give me a pass? What if I tore some ligaments too, and now I'm going to laid up for six months, not six weeks. Is there an end to forbearance that comes before six months? After that? It all sounds a little arbitrary to me. We've done arbitrary. It's not good...

Old 11-19-2008, 07:52 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,538,440 times
Quote:
I dont' see anything over the top about it...and since others are giving me sincere attention, I don't think many are taking it as a joke. If we all believe in the power of evolution, then why can't we simply let it work for the good of humanity? I don't see that as a joke.
If you propose to do away w/people by euthanasia, simply because you think they aren't contributing, THAT is not evolution. That is trying to disrupt the natural course of evolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies